Mega Man Legends 3 Has Been Cancelled

TheDivine · 37836

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 06:38:11 AM
Brilliant OP post, Sato.

Though you have to admit, Legends 3 being canceled did wonders for RPM.

The place was pretty much dead til now.

Blame Capcom for not even trying with the MM franchise.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 06:39:15 AM
Though you have to admit, Legends 3 being canceled did wonders for RPM.

The place was pretty much dead til now.
Not sure if this is the kind of "wonders" I want, though....

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 06:39:49 AM
Rally the fans together in a parade of hate :U

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 06:41:54 AM
If things I post are going to be changed, I at least want them to be well written. I won’t have this rambling sitting beside my name.

Edit: That's better.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 06:44:07 AM
Now I'm definitely not the most hardcore Legends fan on RPM, so I'm probably not as broken up about this as a lot of people on here. My love lies primarily with the Classic series, and in that Capcom has pleased me with the last 2 games.

......Having said that, in all honesty I gotta say that this is seriously one of the most douchebag moves I've ever seen come from a gaming company...quite possibly ever. It's one thing to just outright lie and say "We're making a MegaMan Legends 3 game" sit on it for a while and behind the scenes discuss whether or not it will make a profit or not, cause lets be perfectly honest, MM fans are a very niche fanbase lately. However, to constantly pump the game up like this, to go to your fans "OH YEAH, WE'RE MAKING THIS [sonic slicer] AND YOU'RE ALL GONNA GET TO HELP!" and everything, to promote some random guy to do your Devroom PR work, to hold submission drawing contests and allow fans to vote on the designs of the characters, and essentially go out of their way to literally pump this game up as much as possible only to do this when it should be obvious that it's only a possibility that it's going to make a profit? The best equivalent I can think of would be if Nintendo spent months and months releasing all their Smash Bros. Dojo updates then announce that Brawl is canceled. Again, it's one thing to just announce something when you shouldn't and it's something entirely different to get your fanbase horny and then blue ball em' like this.

I'm definitely not one of those people who will never buy a Capcom product again (not like I any now anyway) because if they make a MM11, I'll buy it day 1. However, this is really an incredible spit in the face to a loyal, a downright overly loyal, franchise fanbase and the ramifications of this move will be very interesting to see. All I can say is for the people that are really hurt by this, protest with your wallet, not just your words.

Archer

Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 06:46:45 AM
Capcom doesn't care about your shitty money.

If they wanted it, they would have released Legends 3

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 06:47:59 AM
I wonder how good Capcom's security on their website is.

Guess we'll find out very soon.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 06:49:54 AM

That's the thing though. I really never though this game would make them a profit, because outside of MM fans, I really didn't believe anyone was going to buy it. So I can understand it being canceled. But to go out of your way to pump this game up when the profitability of it was always in question? That's douchebaggery at its finest.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 06:50:16 AM

Technically you are right.

They don't give two shits about game sales/demand unless its Japanese.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 06:58:30 AM
PB pretty much said it all, but yeah. I am profusely disgusted. I have never felt such disappointment toward a gaming company ever. This is far too big a spit in the face to all Legends fans to ever live down.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 06:59:33 AM

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 06:59:48 AM
Thanks a -- [tornado fang]ing -- lot, Capcom! You've raised our hopes and dreams of seeing one of Inafune's most under-appreciated works appearing on a new generation handheld, got all of us excited with every behind-the-scenes video you posted and whatnot, and have the [tornado fang]ing nerve to get a bunch of us together to make enemy designs for you and take ALL OF THAT and shattered it like [tornado fang]ing stain glass window at a church.
I'm really hope you're proud of yourselves. o//////o
Protoman Blues is right now money with this one.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 07:02:46 AM
Im not a big Legends fan either PB, but its the principle of the thing. They pretty much like you said, pulled a douchebag moment SO big I dont think any gaming company can or ever will top it for a very long time. they gave the fans the finger, and shattered the hope and excitement that THEY THEMSELVES had built up. They [tornado fang]ing trolled the fanbase that gives them money, and as such, they will not get my money. never said I wont buy their games if one ever comes out that strikes my fancy, ill just either pirate it or buy used so they dont see a cent from me.

I wonder how good Capcom's security on their website is.

Guess we'll find out very soon.
Hoping it actually happens. Capcom DDoS'd would be glorious.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: July 19, 2011, 07:03:24 AM
Like i posted on another thread:
Like hell. They're too busy laughing behind their piles of money. They don't care. Much like Square Enix, but even they seem to acknowledge what their fans want.

Atlus and Nintendo on the other hand, no matter what people may think of them, still know how to deliver fresh experiences that their fans WANT.

They're not passionate. That's the key thing. Sure, MM9 and 10 are great, but what next? I for one will be sorely disappointed if they release yet ANOTHER 8-bit MM adventure. I'd love to see MM11, but they have to get with the times. Maybe i'm alone here, but i'm getting tired of them using 8-bit. The nostalgia was great for the previous 2, but that was it. This is 2011.

In all fairness, even Legends 3 didn't look like much of a step up from 2 graphically. But i'll give them the benefit of the doubt in that area, since that was it's first return to the franchise. And it looked hella fun. People like to hate on Nintendo, but they're way of innovating new games like Galaxy, Donkey Kong, Kirby (etc.) has always been beyond that of Capcom.

I still enjoy MegaMan, sure. But they have been really lazy with the franchise as of late.

Archer

Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 07:05:04 AM
Honestly guys, Blame Inafune for abandoning this project and leaving the staff clueless.

Hoping it actually happens. Capcom DDoS'd would be glorious.

Seriously? Doing that just because some game you wanted didn't come out? This is the kind of retarded thing I'd expect from the Sonic fanbase, except none of them are actually smart enough to know how.

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: July 19, 2011, 07:09:39 AM
Seriously? Doing that just because some game you wanted didn't come out? This is the kind of retarded thing I'd expect from the Sonic fanbase, except none of them are actually smart enough to know how.
You haven't paid attention to the Sonic fanbase in a while have you?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 07:11:20 AM
Its more of a way to show them how much they have pissed off fans. A LOT of em too.

Honestly guys, Blame Inafune for abandoning this project and leaving the staff clueless.
I was talking with a friend about this earlier.

If anything, he would have become a scapegoat for this. Inafune had already put up with Capcoms bullshit for a while, and got sick of the way it worked. He began badmouthing capcom's policies, and it was only a matter of time before they just fire him. So he left, feeling that with the hype and the dev team, it could happen. Not to mention Capcom DID promise us at LEAST a prototype. Im pretty sure even HE expected that to at least happen, and was confident the fan base wouldnt let him down. while we "should have seen it coming" at the same time, we didnt, otherwise we wouldnt be discussing it here now. We all expected at least a prototype.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 07:12:07 AM

>Sort of retarded thing I'd expect from the Sonic Fanbase, but they aren't smart enough to know how.
>Haven't paid much attention to the Sonic Fanbase, have you?

>Saying that the Sonic Fanbase is smart enough to be retarded.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 07:13:40 AM
I mean, really now, cancelling it before the prototype and not even releasing the prototype after cancelling for us to have at least something? So mean ._.

Are games really about how much people will pay to play them? Sure a company needs to do business, but what happened to having fun, developing a dedicated fanbase, and creating memories for kids :<

I wonder how much they're not actually telling us =w= Really want to know what this 'criteria' was...

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 07:14:26 AM
You know I'd really like to think that the fanbase of a dead franchise would be above a group of bickering furry manchildren that will rant endlessly if a new game in the series is in any way shape or form different from a mediocre Megadrive game from 1991.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 19, 2011, 07:14:53 AM
I wonder how much they're not actually telling us =w= Really want to know what this 'criteria' was...

Criteria was Inafune. nuff said.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 19, 2011, 07:17:19 AM
I was gonna write a whole opinion piece on this, but it's not worth it. I find all of the whining and moaning and threatening and trolling deplorable, and that all that do such don't deserve Legends 3. And I'm sure even if the game came out, at least half of the world would still be giving Capcom [parasitic bomb] because it didn't live up to their expectations. Years of hype and anticipation wasted. You know, like what happens to every video game nowadays.

That's all.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 19, 2011, 07:22:03 AM
Be disappointed, sure

Don't be arrogant and self-entitled

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: July 19, 2011, 07:26:10 AM
I was gonna write a whole opinion piece on this, but it's not worth it. I find all of the whining and moaning and threatening and trolling deplorable, and that all that do such don't deserve Legends 3. And I'm sure even if the game came out, at least half of the world would still be giving Capcom [parasitic bomb] because it didn't live up to their expectations. Years of hype and anticipation wasted. You know, like what happens to every video game nowadays.

That's all.

I'd hardly call complaining deplorable. It's 100% justified (not the threatening and trolling aspect). Capcom screwed us over BIG TIME. Period.

I don't know how fans would have handled the game if it did come out, but i'm sure most of RPM would enjoy it. Hell, probably many other fans of the series as well. We've waited way too long for this, could we have really afforded to spit it back at Capcom's face? Especially with the massive fan support, it couldn't have been a total flop.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: July 19, 2011, 07:31:09 AM
I don't know how fans would have handled the game if it did come out, but i'm sure most of RPM would enjoy it. Hell, probably many other fans of the series as well. We've waited way too long for this, could we have really afforded to spit it back at Capcom's face? Especially with the massive fan support.
Hey remember that other game people were waiting 14 years for? Remember how it turned out to be terrible in every possible way?