Man Arrested for Importing Manga

Psycho Yuffie · 18163

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: December 18, 2008, 02:56:21 AM
So this means Australians can marry anime characters, right? I mean, if they're people, it makes sense. I'm sure someone could draw like a picture of Haruhi agreeing to a proposal or something, is that all it'd take?

If I marry Queen Beryl, does that make me king of the negaforce?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: December 18, 2008, 02:57:22 AM
I guess so, just be wary of blond school girls carrying silver gems in their bosom. XD

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: December 18, 2008, 03:00:00 AM

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: December 18, 2008, 03:01:17 AM
If I marry Queen Beryl, does that make me king of the negaforce?

Possibly, but be careful.  In the name of the Moon, someone might punish you.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: December 18, 2008, 03:43:17 AM

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: December 18, 2008, 04:17:11 AM
This is absolutely Disgraceful.
Oh how the mighty America has fallen.
im absolutely disgusted with my country. Not just because of this, which is ridiculous, a man going to jail for 20 years for a bunch of pages with drawings on them, which he obtained legally, and has every right to be able to keep, but for the entire sorry state of things.
I never thought that id ever live to see the day where Im actually sad to be an American. I am no longer "proud to be"
(on a side note, If I suddenly dissapear and are never heard from again, yall know what happened to ol' Flame. -.-;;; )

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: December 18, 2008, 04:41:08 AM
I know it's hard to take, but keep your head cool, Flame; life is a pendulum, swings back and forth. Even then, this country has the highest overall amount of wealth, standard of living, and security compared to others (even if each has decreased after numerous gradual legislative erosions).

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: December 18, 2008, 04:54:23 AM
impossible. me head is aflame.
lolololololol
...that was terrible.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: December 18, 2008, 05:03:58 AM
oh u

I realized I left myself open after I posted it... XD

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: December 18, 2008, 05:41:30 AM
Well...

I honestly cannot say what is already said, but I will post something from 1984.  I haven't seen the movie (but I REALLY, REALLY want to).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q29CmMHSQ3M I hear it also has been banned and considered a 'children's show'.  Question is, is it considered a children's show by the audience? or the creator?  8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: December 18, 2008, 05:48:47 AM
thats creepy...

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: December 18, 2008, 07:43:46 AM
Wow...
20 years for a manga?
Seriously?

Soon, you can't watch loli animes too. >.>;

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #87 on: December 19, 2008, 06:43:35 AM
I edited my post last page after further examination of the PROTECT Act (and I must say, I'm rather disgusted by what I found; lying PR bastards).

Oh, and I call dibs on Daisy if/when I move to Australia. :V Sakurai has Luigi so F*@#!ed up that he wouldn't even notice she was gone.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: December 19, 2008, 06:44:37 AM
Oh, and I call dibs on Daisy if/when I move to Australia. :V Sakurai has Luigi so F*@#!ed up that he wouldn't even notice she was gone.

Here I thought you would have gone after Iris first... 8D

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: December 19, 2008, 06:47:49 AM
I'm way ahead of you guys, I'm already in Australia.  :V

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #90 on: December 19, 2008, 06:50:53 AM
DAMN!  Better start swimming. X(

Here I thought you would have gone after Iris first... 8D
I would, except that Zero would slice me in half.

On the other hand, if the runner-up was anyone but Daisy, it'd be totally worth it. 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: December 19, 2008, 08:54:35 AM
I read through the entire topic, and I read the articles, and I only have one thing to say.

What the [tornado fang]?

Obscenity is a difficult subject because it's so hard to pinpoint. What may be considered obscene to one person maybe alright to another person. A judge, nor any single person, can't actually decide what is considered "obscene." To actually decide what is considered obscene the entire community has to decide upon that, not just one single person.

Now call me crazy, but even if the manga had "obscene" images in it, being sent to jail for 20 years over a [tornado fang]ing comic book is bullshit. Hell, being sent to jail at all is bullshit. It's a bunch of cartoons drawn on paper with ink, copied and then mass produced for sale.

There's something else too. Every manga, and I mean every manga, that I've bought over here in the states has had some rating on the back of the book indicating what age group would be most appropriate to reading said manga. It's kind of like the ratings on the back of movie boxes, except the ratings for manga is bigger and you can actually see it without having to look through the whole summary of the contents just to see a tiny line of text. If the defense was smart, then they'd bring up this rating system in court.

If you look at the ratings from each publisher they look different from each other, which means not only is there no regulated group in charge of the rating system for manga but the publishers are putting a rating on the back of the manga themselves. And for the most part these ratings have been pretty damn accurate.

This just reeks of people being too lazy to do any worthwhile research without yelling "Witch!"

Except in this case replace "Witch!" with "Pedo!"

Okay, I lied. I had more than one thing to say to this.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: December 19, 2008, 09:03:17 AM
Hmm... I should start swimming too, but to Japan... Need to get Shiki to teach me the powers of the Tohno Gland so I can secretly steal Akiha from him. :P

Offline Tsukishiro

• Seeker of Life, Friends, and Magic!
  • Robot Master
  • Doing my usual stuff, when I'm not sleeping...
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: December 22, 2008, 06:06:35 AM
This is absolutely Disgraceful.
Oh how the mighty America has fallen.
im absolutely disgusted with my country. Not just because of this, which is ridiculous, a man going to jail for 20 years for a bunch of pages with drawings on them, which he obtained legally, and has every right to be able to keep, but for the entire sorry state of things.
I never thought that id ever live to see the day where Im actually sad to be an American. I am no longer "proud to be"

This, as I believe that the whole damn system is being done [tornado fang]ing wrong. Someone needs to fix this pronto...

I would speak of my thoughts further, but they pretty much cross that political no-no line, so I'll keep it to myself for now...

DAMN!  Better start swimming. X(
Hmm... I should start swimming too, but to Japan... Need to get Shiki to teach me the powers of the Tohno Gland so I can secretly steal Akiha from him. :P

If you two are serious about this, then you would go and save up money for a one way flight to Sydney / Tokyo, with some money and stuff prepared in advance in order to survive there...

I know that, despite the seriousness of the topic (the utter stupidity of the censorship people punishing a man for owning manga), that the idea of swimming to another country is a 'just kidding' moment there, so please don't take my words the wrong way...

[spoiler]On the other hand, if they convict the poor man and send him to jail for any amount of years because of this, then I'm going to focus on learning moonspeak and save up money to do just that. I won't live in a place that lies about it's own creedo. No [sonic slicer]ing WAY!!!  X( >_< ::) :| :([/spoiler]

Rockman! May you and all those who stand with you throughout the ages fight for everlasting peace!

Viva la Infaking, baby!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: December 22, 2008, 06:28:29 AM
Yknow, we still dont know exactly what those images were...

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: December 22, 2008, 06:39:01 AM

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: December 22, 2008, 06:44:07 AM
Ah... I figured It was SOMETHING like that...

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #97 on: December 22, 2008, 10:11:04 PM
Well, since Shonen Jump's been well accepted across the states, I can see why they want to knock off competitors from overseas.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Rock Bomb

• Worst Example of a
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: December 23, 2008, 10:42:32 PM

Strategically Placed Soup and Waterwings. 8D