Skullgirls = Fighting game PLUS Boobs MINUS Infinites (You heard me right)

ViperAcidZX · 85376

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
And it looks like the lead animator of the game is going to fill us in on this game's animation process.

http://www.skullgirls.com/blog/2011/04/19/on-animation-in-skullgirls

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Mariel? Oh, that animation talent from Shantae: Risky's Revenge! No wonder the animations are so fluid~  :3

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Looks like the guys at Reverge Labs might be ushering a new perspective on the single player A.I. Please let this be the end of SNK fighting game A.I. (and cheap fighting game A.I. for that matter). Plus they also explained how they got Yamane to compose for Skullgirls.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 05:52:05 AM by ViperAcidZX »

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I really have to hand it to Mariel and Jon "Persona" Kim with the dedication and effort they're putting into the game's animation quality and the lighting and clean-up.

^Click any of these read on how the animation and details goes down.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Amazing find, ViperAcidZX. Now here's part 2 of that inverview.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
LOL, even Uno Makoto, the character designer of the anime version of Witchblade is doing fan art of Skullgirls. We also got a piece of Cerebella from one of the former clean-up artists of the game from Reverge Lab's site for their last Fan Art Fridays. Using a spoiler tag for the link since an artist from pixiv and Makoto's fan art of the girls are heavy in the chest area.

[spoiler= WARNING! Broken backs.]http://revergelabs.com/2011/05/final-fan-art-friday/[/spoiler]

Posted on: May 21, 2011, 11:24:53 PM
Okay, time to update!

We have another blog post by Richard Suh on the game's clean-up and animation, plus we got this short video of how it's done with Alex Ahad himself to walk us through it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VkDXBsIXso&hd=1[/youtube]

Vincent Diamante, audio director of Skullgirls walk us though the game's audio direction in this blog post, and it make me want to make a symphony of music as I kick people's teeth in. And get this:

CUSTOM SKULLGIRLS ARCADE STICKS~

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Custom Sticks - Check. Video Analyasis - Check. Backdoor Development - Check.

This all adds up too.. The Custom Fighting Sticks being pre-order bonuses. With possibly an added value on eBay, and potential release of the Soundtrack. This game's come a long way.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Hahaha. Final Fight oil drum and Gradius Moai head. Priceless!

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Not to sound like a noob, but does anyone have the video showcasing the replay playback feature? The guys at Reverge Labs are also sharing us some fond memories of E3 and some sweet awards Skullgirls gotten at E3. Booya~ And for lulz, last week's Whiteboard Wednesday.

Posted on: June 15, 2011, 08:53:08 PM
Bumping for this week's Whiteboard Wednesday - NOW WITH MORE DRAGON'S CROWN! Plus Parasoul dressed like Yoko from Gurren Lagann at the near-end of the series.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
So this new girl's going through the development stages in design. The hard part is getting her design to fit this game's world and writing a convinceable bio to match.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
So this new girl's going through the development stages in design. The hard part is getting her design to fit this game's world and writing a convinceable bio to match.
They already did that long ago.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
This just in: The potential chance of DLC characters (probably dudes)!

Posted on: June 18, 2011, 01:14:46 AM
Sorry for the lateness, but got another development scoop in Skullgirls. This time, we got Christina Vee giving us what goes on in the voice acting process of the game. And not only is she doing the voice direction, she's also the voice actor of Cerebella.

^Alex made this for Christina featuring the characters she voiced.

Also, another Fan Art Friday and Whiteboard Wednesday for you.
I found the one sniffing out the stuff for Fan Art Friday. Is it me, or do we have a sexy ninja nurse in our midst of Skullgirls characters?

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Anyone else have the feeling they're going to be sinking all this capital and resources into this project, and it'll just remain a hidden gem ignored by the majority, never make any money, and the company goes belly up?

It's a day one for me, but it honestly doesn't look like something the majority would buy or even pay any mind to. It also doesn't have any precedence or big title to back it up, like Street Fighter.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
I am always interested in the "hidden gems", but not many people seem to enjoy the same "gems" that I do.
(like Shantae, Mighty Milky Way, this game, Cave and Psikyo's arcade games, Vanillaware's games, and many more). ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
vixy why isn't there a dragon's crown thread?

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Anyone else have the feeling they're going to be sinking all this capital and resources into this project, and it'll just remain a hidden gem ignored by the majority, never make any money, and the company goes belly up?

It's a day one for me, but it honestly doesn't look like something the majority would buy or even pay any mind to. It also doesn't have any precedence or big title to back it up, like Street Fighter.

The game's (so far) getting good amount of traffic going, even in Japan with all these Japanese artists (like Uno Makoto of the Witchblade anime fame) doing fan art of the game. True, these guys are pretty much newcomers in the gaming scene, but with all the attention it's gotten in the media and this year's E3, this game might attract some attention to distract people from bigger and more well-known fighting game franchises like Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Soul Calibur, and so on.

Definitely a Day 1 buy for me, too since I've been hoarding this 1600 MS Points card for about half as much time I've been hoarding the last 1500 Nintendo Points for La-Mulana unfortunately no Gold membership here, so no online play until I renew.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
I hope people were watching the stream of the current Skullgirls build at East Coast Throwdown courtesy of Team Spooky. The game is really damn fun, the animations are fluid and the characters/characterizations are really well done. Peacock is like the game character of the forever, I'm serious. XD

When the archive of the build (complete with Mike Z showing off the game by taking on randoms... and blowing them all up) goes up, I'll be sure to leave a link here.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Ladies and gents, I present to you the Hexagon of Quality and Reverge Labs' CEO in the next developer's post on the graph below.

We also got shirts by the staff and it's being sold at their store. http://skullgirls.com/news/2011/07/01/skullgirls-shirts-now-available

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Wait...they actually care about dudes as well as boobs?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Wait...they actually care about dudes as well as boobs?

Mike Z (engine & fighting designer) & Alex Ahad (artist & creative guy) have both gone on record stating that they do have Skullbros and ideas for them, but the major hook for this game initially was about zany women [tornado fang]ing up [parasitic bomb].