Rockman & Community > Challenge Mode

Megaman X4: Stylish Run

(1/5) > >>

AquaTeamV3:
I decided to undertake a challenge for Megaman X4, called the Stylish Run. What makes this run stylish, you ask? Here I play under the following conditions:

- No damage
- No armor/heart tanks
- No boss weaknesses; weapons are okay otherwise, and Reaper Sigma is an obvious exception.
- This run uses Hypershell's custom MMX4 PC hack, which changes X's voice actor to that of Mark Gatha. (Thanks!)
- Custom BGM is added to the game by replacing the source files of the game. This allows custom music while still keeping the game's sounds intact.
- I also use X's alternate color just because it's awesome!

These conditions not only make the game challenging, but it'll be a unique run due to the modifications.  This should help it stick out from the other runs that are floating around on YT.  Anwho, here are the ones that I've finished so far:

Opening/Intro Stage
Cyber Peacock

Posted on: March 19, 2011, 00:47:05Alright, finished with Jet Stingray now.  Definitely wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Posted on: March 20, 2011, 21:54:37Web Spider is a-finished.  Switched recorders so the quality's better than the last 3, not that those were bad at all.

Turian:
Very cool. Keep it up.  owob

AquaTeamV3:

--- Quote from: Red Lantern Turian on March 27, 2011, 10:00:56 AM ---Very cool. Keep it up.  owob

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Here's Storm Owl, arguably the hardest Maverick fight in X4.  Good thing he wasn't in a bad mood when I got to him.  :|

Posted on: March 27, 2011, 16:02:33Let's show off the fact that Colonel's sword has the dumbest hitbox ever!

Posted on: March 31, 2011, 12:22:01Frost Walrus is down!

Posted on: April 02, 2011, 02:21:24Magma Dragoon is out cold, thanks to some Ride Armor goodness.

Acid:
OK I might be late but,

how did you give the game custom sound effects and BGM?

AquaTeamV3:

--- Quote from: Acid on April 08, 2011, 06:42:56 PM ---OK I might be late but,

how did you give the game custom sound effects and BGM?

--- End quote ---

Well, as for the sound effects, Hypershell made a hack a little while ago of X4's PC version.  This hack changed X's voice clips to ones from Mark Gatha (X8-CM), and Zero's to Lucas Gilbertson (X8-CM).  The Iris death scene is re-dubbed IIRC

In case of the BGM, MMX4 PC uses .SE files for the music.  Funny thing is, they're just WAV files under a different name.  All I had to do was convert some of my songs to the WAV format, and from there replace the ones in MMX4's respective music folder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version