kosmos · 63410

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #50 on: October 29, 2010, 10:42:01 PM
I distinctly recall Inafune being listed in ZERO/ZX as well as EXE/SSR credits as either producer or executive producer.

He was.

Also, I'm sure he'll be a Consultant at the very least for DASH 3.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #51 on: October 29, 2010, 10:51:37 PM
Align's sig-Zan-quote definitely comes to mind.  I know the fans want to panic about the "father of MegaMan" leaving, but really, there's always been more to MegaMan than Inafune.

That said:
I distinctly recall Inafune being listed in ZERO/ZX as well as EXE/SSR credits as either producer or executive producer.
I don't recall the formal credits listing, but there is plenty of talk in MMZOCW's interviews on Inticreates needing Inafune's approval, particularly Zero's design, and X being the game's final boss.

Incidentally, that's the ORIGINAL X being the game's final boss.  No specific names were mentioned in the decision to switch in Copy X.

Im actually surprised, very much so, that he wont at LEAST stick around to see L3 through. HE pushed for it after all, and HE wanted to make it all this time, so one would figure he would at the very least leave once L3 is done.
To be fair it wasn't Inafune alone.  A great deal of Capcom's staff loves Legends.  You don't build the game engine of a new franchise around "how could we use this for a DASH revival" without more than one person loving it.  That said, I'm sure his pushes had a lot to do with it.  With Capcom being so huge on a "game developed by the fans", though, there would be HELL to pay for canning it.  So I'm betting he feels secure that L3 will see completion without him.

I'm as shocked/surprised as anyone that Inafune's leaving, ESPECIALLY after L3 has only just gotten started.  I thought he'd have wanted to see it through.  But at the same time I don't particularly fear for MegaMan's fate (if anything I fear more for the fanbase's, losing their figurehead).  Inafune's involvement with MegaMan has varied a great deal, and like anyone else there are aspects of his approach which I don't agree with (PSP games were underwhelming, and I don't particularly appreciate his resentment of MM3).  He did awesome things, and I'm sad to see him go, but life and MegaMan will both go on.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Aresian

Reply #52 on: October 29, 2010, 10:55:44 PM
I'm still lulzing at how many people are so "sad" to see him depart. And how most people continue to ignore Zan's statement, quoted by Align.

Inafune isn't the life blood of Capcom or Megaman. Capcom is. Megaman will be just FINE without Inafune. Yes, there is to be SOME worry about Legends 3, but I think Capcom is FULL of talent... it is not like Capcom is without any talent outside of Inafune or anything, He's just the common "name" most people associate Megaman with.

If there was no other talent or intelligent people at Capcom, we'd be [tornado fang]'d. Hell, this change of pace might prove to be a good thing. We might get that X9 you all want so bad. MAYBE even Command Missions 2... I'd like that.

In short, he was probably butt hurt about something and it was the last straw for his "waaaaah I hate Capcom" deal.

Note: Herp Derp, Hypershell posted before me because of slowness.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: October 29, 2010, 10:58:47 PM
To add to that, really, the X-fans in particular ought to be the least concerned with this.  Inafune wanted that series done and over with three entries ago, neglected to involve himself in said "finale" (read: jumped ship), and outright refused to involve himself in Command Mission.  His most significant contributions since X4 are:

-Zero "died" in X5.
-Axl has a unique silhouette.

My adoration of Legends and the fate of L3 are what shake me the most at the moment, seeings how Inafune held the title of Producer throughout the series, but I believe that the entire development team is highly enthusiastic and will put their best foot forward.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Aresian

Reply #54 on: October 29, 2010, 11:12:03 PM
All the more reason I don't give a [parasitic bomb]. I liked Command Missions. I want a second one. It is a bright and powerful direction for the X series. It could very well do things for the series lack luster story capabilities... which honestly, is a major plus for me. I know you lot are all about the "lol platforming gameplay dat nevah changes" which is fine, kudos to you... but I need story for my games. And Command Missions was a GODSEND for the X series in that regard. Plus the idea of exploring new avenues with Reploids and I dunno... seeing MORE of them instead of that "blue pussy" that "Red Monster" and the "cool gunslinging d00d of awesome"

Yeah.

I wonder how much infamy I'll garner with my opinions lately.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: October 29, 2010, 11:15:53 PM
Can't speak for the rest of the fanbase, but not much from me.  I agree with your praise of Command Mission on all counts, I just happen to like the "lol platforming gameplay dat nevah changes" too. 8)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: October 29, 2010, 11:19:31 PM
Like I always say. Opinions are like PB vs. Ninja Lou. In the end, I always win!  8)

Aresian

Reply #57 on: October 30, 2010, 12:25:37 AM
Can't speak for the rest of the fanbase, but not much from me.  I agree with your praise of Command Mission on all counts, I just happen to like the "lol platforming gameplay dat nevah changes" too. 8)

Oh don't get me wrong, I love Megaman. I love the platforming. I have no problem with it, I grew up on it. But... my needs as a gamer have changed. The problem with most people is that they think the series shouldn't spread out, even a little, even in a side-story sense. This limits the series, chokes it, prevents it from growing.

This urks me. That is all.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: October 30, 2010, 12:34:12 AM
Didn't the EXE & StarForce series do this?

Actually, didn't Legends itself do this?

Aresian

Reply #59 on: October 30, 2010, 12:40:42 AM
I'm taking the series as separate entities in this case, PB.

In the X series there was basically just platforming. It doesn't hurt to spread beyond that a tad within the confines of the X series. If you notice, I mentioned that it helps expand the story of the X series. By this regard, EXE and... ugh, StarForce, have little to do with my statement.

Same goes for Legends.

HOWEVER, also in that retrospect, maybe the X team NEEDS to look to EXE and Legends, as well as Command Missions when thinking of new blood ideas for the X series... to give it more bang, more life.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: October 30, 2010, 12:48:36 AM
HOWEVER, also in that retrospect, maybe the X team NEEDS to look to EXE and Legends, as well as Command Missions when thinking of new blood ideas for the X series... to give it more bang, more life.

...Maybe we should just be glad to get a new game in the series first, though, BEFORE we start talking about any "changes". 8D

I mean, the moment we start talking about trying to institute any changes, it may yet open the door to another strain of "good ideas" on Capcom's part that may give us another "DmC" type of fiasco on our hands. And who would desire that?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: October 30, 2010, 12:57:33 AM
I'm taking the series as separate entities in this case, PB.

In the X series there was basically just platforming. It doesn't hurt to spread beyond that a tad within the confines of the X series. If you notice, I mentioned that it helps expand the story of the X series. By this regard, EXE and... ugh, StarForce, have little to do with my statement.

Ah. You just meant the X series then. My mistake.

The sad fact is, and this is my personal belief for pretty much all MM series', the only people who are going to really play it is us, the longtime MM fans and the occasional nostalgia gamers. That's really it. I don't think the current generation of gamers have any real interest in the majority of the MM series games.

Aresian

Reply #62 on: October 30, 2010, 12:59:53 AM
Oh don't get me wrong. The fact that there is a possibility for more games in general is a good thing. I'm just speaking my mind of what I think would make the series better.

I already know almost no one agrees with me on this, you're all satisfied with having it the way it is, to a degree I assume.

Which is fine and dandy... but I'm still going to point out what I think would make the series better. That's all. *shrugs*

Ah. You just meant the X series then. My mistake.

The sad fact is, and this is my personal belief for pretty much all MM series', the only people who are going to really play it is us, the longtime MM fans and the occasional nostalgia gamers. That's really it. I don't think the current generation of gamers have any real interest in the majority of the MM series games.

Yeah, I am fully aware... and as a long time fan, I'm just stating what I think would make the series better. I GUESS in retrospect, what I want would be useless for the series though... the majority of longtime fans really have no means of agreeing with me. Making my point moot. Oh well.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: October 30, 2010, 01:10:46 AM
LoL, you quoted me just to repeat yourself!  :P

Believe me, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm all for expansion in terms of side quests and story development, except for maybe the Classic series, cause I just prefer that to be simplistic and classic.

Personally, I think the best thing for the MegaMan universe in general would be a whole new series all together, whether expanding on one of the current universes, or just simply creating a new one. I don't know if it'd help all that much. It'd probably depend on what type of genre they decide to make the game. As always, I hope for a giant mech type platforming game, but that's me!  8D

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: October 30, 2010, 01:13:22 AM
I'm honestly not surprised at this in the least. He's been saying for a very long time that he's not that happy with his work, so in the long run this will help him get back into his groove. Looking forward to what he comes up with without the restrictions upon him from Capcom.

Aresian

Reply #65 on: October 30, 2010, 01:14:13 AM
The first part of my post was to Ben, PB. >_> GOSH, WHY SO SELF-CENTERED!?

But yeah, I more or less agree with you on that. I just tend to clash with the OTHER fans.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: October 30, 2010, 01:17:04 AM
I'm honestly not surprised at this in the least. He's been saying for a very long time that he's not that happy with his work, so in the long run this will help him get back into his groove. Looking forward to what he comes up with without the restrictions upon him from Capcom.

I just wonder where he will end up. He's not very fond of Japan's videogame industry, as he stated many times. But he kept praising Level-5, is that a possibility?

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: October 30, 2010, 01:18:24 AM
I just wonder where he will end up. He's not very fond of Japan's videogame industry, as he stated many times. But he kept praising Level-5, is that a possibility?
It wouldn't surprise me too much.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: October 30, 2010, 01:20:42 AM
The first part of my post was to Ben, PB. >_> GOSH, WHY SO SELF-CENTERED!?

I thought it was responding to Hypershell. And you should know by now it's ALL about me!  8D

In two weeks, the formation of Inafking Inc.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: October 30, 2010, 01:27:44 AM
In two weeks, the formation of Inafking Inc.

I'd have called it Inafinc.

But that's just me.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: October 30, 2010, 01:28:28 AM
I'd have called it Inafinc.

But that's just me.

That works too! NOW DESIGN THE LOGO!  8D

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: October 30, 2010, 01:34:03 AM
Since when do you guys work for Inafking? >U<

But yeah, I'm pretty sure that he'd start up his own development company. That's the safest way to make sure you have plenty of creative control, I'd say (unless it's not that simple).

Though, I have to wonder...If we get a Mega Man 11, who will do the artwork? Higurashi and Ishikawa are the only artists that come to mind, for me.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: October 30, 2010, 01:53:29 AM
But yeah, I'm pretty sure that he'd start up his own development company. That's the safest way to make sure you have plenty of creative control, I'd say (unless it's not that simple).
Funding is a big issue here.

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: October 30, 2010, 02:45:44 AM
So, Keiji Inafune is gone, huh? I can live with that...

Concerning MML3, I guess for that game to exist, something had to be sacrificed. MML3 came with a price after all.

Thanks for all the Mega Man games you made and produced for us, Inafking.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #74 on: October 30, 2010, 03:06:13 AM
Saw the news at DoujinStyle.

Can't believe it has come to this. Well, thanks for the memories, INAFKING. Hope you do well in your future works.