No Love for x?

Waifu · 13063

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
on: October 28, 2010, 06:11:54 PM
Maybe not all of us fans enjoy X but I do enjoy X as a character as well as the games he appears in. Most of us like X but it seems like most people enjoy Zero and Axl more. Why? Because compared to those two guys who just kick maverick [sonic slicer] and take names, X's pacifism just seems to make fans irritated at him especially with limitless potential and all the power he has. I know Zero had always been meant to be the main character but X is a well developed character just a s Zero is, he starts off as an insecure, young man who struggles to find his purpose in life to a mature adult, true leader and hero to all. I like X but it seems like most fans seem to enjoy Zero (and to some extent Axl) more, it doesn't help that X's character wasn't handled properly in X7 and the whole virus plotline is used almost too much in the series. I basically answered my own question but does anyone still think X is interesting?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 06:54:50 PM
Axl more liked than X? I don't think so.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 07:40:11 PM
Axl more liked than X? I don't think so.

Ok maybe that is stretching it  8D but Zero definitely.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 08:51:30 PM
I think X has potential (story- and character-wise) but it feels like they're not doing much with him. Think X7 might have been trying if it's true that his pacifism was mostly due to "lost in translation", and he was actually just not joining in because it seemed like a pointless waste of lives or whatsit.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 09:07:10 PM
Clearly X doesn't want to show all his potential when Zero is around.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 09:10:28 PM
I thought X7 took his pacifism to ridiculous levels of "that's not pacifism, that's passiveness". :/

Anyway, I like X just as much as any other MMX character. (Even Axl--one has to go above and beyond to make me loathe a character)

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 09:15:49 PM
I like almost all Megaman characters (I don't care for Starforce)
 X is in my top 5 :D
He's mature, thinks before using that weapon of mass destruction that some call an arm,and he fits Zero's character.
Infact with Axl they form a great team.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 10:42:56 PM
If X can survive a bloody laser blast through the chest then what's not to love? Oh, by "Axl gets more love than X", you mean the crazed shippers over at DA, which he's all good for, and he's almost always paired with someone in an Axl fan pic.

I guess I like each individually, even Dark Necrobat and Gate, plus I'm one of the few that aren't kids that can tolerate Star Force. X1-3 mostly covers X (everyone wanted a peice of him and his hidden potential), X4-6 covers Zero (His backstory), and X7 and 8 covers Axl (Bringing something "fresh" to the table). It's fifty-fifty I say.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 12:02:47 AM
I like X, his a freakin weapon mass of destruction when equipped with Ultimate Armor,more so than Zero .

I dont care that much if he's being a pacifist in X7.....eventhough its a bit annoying, he still had the guts to blow everything.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 01:09:31 AM
I admit I like Zero better, but X is a close second, and I will *ALWAYS* take the X/Zero tag-team over either one of them solo.  It's one of the very few things that I didn't appreciate about X4; the fact that they're each going their separate ways (barring X's ending).

They each are stronger for the other's presence, and balance each other very well.  X holds on to his ideals, while Zero pushes through the dirty work (Axl kinda stole that role in X8).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 04:21:56 AM
We SO need an Xtreme 3 that goes before X7 so we can see more of the exclusive X/Zero team...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 04:29:50 AM
An Xtreme 3 set after X8 would work, too, considering Axl'd be in a coma.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 05:25:55 AM
X: BAH WAAAH WHY DO WE HAVE TO FI- A MAVERICK! SHOOT TO KILL!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 07:03:41 AM
An Xtreme 3 set after X8 would work, too, considering Axl'd be in a coma.
Says who? X said he was fine. Punching a reploid in the head knocks them out, not send them into a coma.

See: Zero.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 10:23:03 AM
We don't know how long Zero was out for, though?

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 04:15:33 PM
I know Capcom isn't know for their consistency but making a game in between X6 and X7 will cause a ton of plotholes. I could see threads all over the place with complaints.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 08:05:43 PM
How? Anything can fit between those two.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 09:12:51 PM
We don't know how long Zero was out for, though?
He was taken to the repair center, studied and repaired by Cain, and woken up, where all traces of Maverick behavior were gone. Then subsequently put into the 17th elite with X, under Sigma.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 10:18:41 PM
I know Capcom isn't know for their consistency but making a game in between X6 and X7 will cause a ton of plotholes. I could see threads all over the place with complaints.

A title between X6 and X7 could work perfectly. However, it requires a lot of care to comfortably transition into X7's story. As it is, the disconnect between the two can only be justified by the distance to X7. Another game would close the gap, and thus have to smoothen it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 01:04:08 AM
As long as the gap is unspecified, I don't think that's necessarily true.  Just look at all the console Metroids of the last two generations.  Not as if the X6-X7 gap couldn't use a bit of smoothing, though, I'm just saying they don't HAVE to do it.

Placing an Xtreme3 at any point after X5 would actually be considerably easier in terms of continuity than Xtreme2, since we're past the "landmark" of Zero's main-series interactions with Light.  In fact, fitting between X6 and X7 hits right at the transition when Light went on an anti-social bout with X's supporters, so it would free them up a bit in that regard.  As for X, just make sure the bad guy says something that stings him a bit at the end (I always saw the X7 "disappearance" as X6 Sigma's taunting getting to him).

Personally, if I did an X side-game I'd go between X4 and X5.  I think a "bridge" story during that time period, after Repliforce and before Wily enters, would be very interesting to tell.  However the Xtremes tend to be fairly self-contained.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 01:36:51 AM
Answering this thread's title:

I love X way more than Zero.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 01:43:30 AM

Same answer for PB!

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 01:56:23 AM

Same answer for PB!
Likewise. Poor guy gets shafted too often though.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 01:57:17 AM
I like both of them equally....honestly.

Offline Majikn

• Cyberelf
  • I am frightened.
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 04:45:23 AM
I don't think "Zero" was meant to be the main character. Unless you know more from Inafune than I do.

I think if Inafune had his way with MegaMan X, "X" himself would still have the character attributed to him, he'd just look like the Zero that we saw in the first X game, and Zero would probably cease to exist. Does that not make sense?

Anyway I like X and Zero. I dislike tag-teaming them, I like having completely separate experiences like it was in MegaMan X4. You might say it cheapens the game to have to play it twice, but I'd say it's too easy to have two health bars and the advantages of both characters.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I am losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.