Capcom in NYC

Henger83 · 13518

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 04:17:22 AM
I'm still mad that I was beasting MMU like I was and totally screwed up in the home stretch because of the bird egg that I had actually calulated for. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 04:25:01 AM
I got farther than everyone on that level. I was 3 blocks away from the doors when a random drill came from the sky and killed me.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 04:33:27 AM
That sounds believeable. XD

Speaking of deaths, that hard demo level was sadistic as hell.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 04:43:53 AM
That it was. Oh yeah, Jericho...

COME TO COMIC CON!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 05:31:08 AM
My brother and I will be at Comic Con on Sunday.  I hope to see you guys there!  Maybe I can leave a PictoChat session open or something to touch base?  *shrugs*

That ain't a bad idea. But you should be able to spot PB, and we'll likely be together eventually. If you see me before anyone else, I'll be a Jin cosplayer with a Ragna with me.

Also, I'm not sure if I trust bringing my DS out there.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 06:13:18 AM
I got farther than everyone on that level. I was 3 blocks away from the doors when a random drill came from the sky and killed me.

I saw that.  X( Man, I thought you had it too because you were doing well. I wanted to see if there were any bosses on that trial disc. I was hoping somebody made it to the end as that is the only level I didn't get to play.  :P

That sounds believeable. XD

Speaking of deaths, that hard demo level was sadistic as hell.

Got to hand it to Capcom. The stages look simple. But because of the high accuracy needed in certain parts, it makes it much harder than it should be. Also, the collision detection for the moving platforms is definitely off. I saw multiple players fall right through it (even on the very center of it) when trying to land on it . Many players died because of it.  :(

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 06:50:46 AM
Just a fair warning to all RPMers attending this event tomorrow. My advice would to be there early, like maybe 1-1.5 hours early. The room that the World of Capcom event is being held in is not the biggest of rooms (big, but not super big), and like the MVC3 event (held in the same room), it will fill up fast.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: October 10, 2010, 04:36:18 PM
Especially with the Legends 3 info dump and god knows what else.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 10, 2010, 08:30:37 PM
The Dweck Auditorium, Brooklyn Public Library, 10 Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11238
Dooooohh. I most likely could have made it there were it not for my classes that day.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 04:13:18 AM
Just a fair warning to all RPMers attending this event tomorrow. My advice would to be there early, like maybe 1-1.5 hours early. The room that the World of Capcom event is being held in is not the biggest of rooms (big, but not super big), and like the MVC3 event (held in the same room), it will fill up fast.

That line was massive today!  :O And today he was only signing posters.  :( He was there yesterday as a surprise and was signing other things. If I knew ahead of time I would have brought some games for him to sign yesterday  X(
I did get both a Legends 3 and MMU poster signed so...  owob

Dooooohh. I most likely could have made it there were it not for my classes that day.

At least 80 more people could have been there too. Not to mention play MMU.

EDIT:
Oh here something I forgot to post since Friday at the NYCC:

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7708/mmfiguresatnycc.jpg

Out of all of them the ones with the best detail were Roll and Blues.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 07:26:35 AM
And today he was only signing posters.  :(

Uh, he was signing everything today. What Inafune did you see?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 05:09:31 AM
Funny, I could ask you the same question. What did he sign for you? Are you sure that was on Sunday? I tried handing him the Misadventures of Tron Boone (a sealed copy) and I was near the beginning of the line and they told us that he was only signing one thing (which was the poster of your choice between MM Universe or Legends 3) so that everyone could get a chance. I managed to get both of them signed anyway.

On Saturday he was signing anything. He even did some sketches of classic Mega Man for people. And I know because the whole time he was doing signatures, I was on the PS3 kiosk playing MM Universe which was less than two feet away from his desk.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 06:21:17 AM
I was on line for a while, so they must have changed their minds.

I mean, how else do you explain the new picture on the home page, huh?

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: October 12, 2010, 07:25:48 AM
Wow  :o, they must have changed their mind either that, or someone skillfully traced that :)

I have video footage of me attempting to hand my game to him and that's when were were told he only has time to sign one thing because the line was so long they wanna make sure the get everybody. They actually had to any people on Saturday and some of them were told to return the next day as Inafune would not have time to do more signatures for the day.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #39 on: October 13, 2010, 01:59:02 AM
*gives DeGamer ZEE UPPERCUT!!*

It's no trace; my big brother was the one who got that pic signed.  And it's hanging on my wall at this very second.

I heard a rep say "one thing" when I was in line (pretty far back; a handfull of people behind Sato) and I took that to mean "one thing of ours".  Nobody said anything about the posters, so that was actually a surprise, and I saw the folks ahead of me getting a poster along with whatever they brought.  I got MMXOCW and an L3 poster.  My brother got the Trigger fanart but opted to not take a poster home.  And we both got pictures.

So apparently either they did change their mind or there was some miscommunication.  Either way, I think if they were THAT desperate for time, a better idea would have been to kill the photo ops.  Posing for a pic takes longer than an extra Inafune sig; the man signs fast (out of necessity I suppose).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: October 15, 2010, 06:20:11 PM
*dodges uppercut, reverses it, and steals Inafune signed fanart*
 :P

That pic is counterfeit! I saw you trace it.  XD j/k

That pic was very well drawn.  owob It looks like official artwork. I hope you guys gave him a copy of it. Inafune would most definitely have shown it to the Dash staff in Japan.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #41 on: October 15, 2010, 07:04:28 PM
Your punches are soft, just like your heart.

PB only gave me one copy, so blame him for that.  :P

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: October 15, 2010, 07:52:50 PM
It's tradition. Inafune comes for a signing, get him to sign something for RPM that we can put on the front page.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: October 17, 2010, 02:09:50 AM
It's tradition. Inafune comes for a signing, get him to sign something for RPM that we can put on the front page.

I see. Then add to the tradition of giving him a duplicate for him to keep so it will be a Perfect Rockman Memory.  ;) Maybe he'll include it in the game some how.  :O Who is the artist for it anyway?