MegaMan Legends 3 is REAL, AND IT'S SPECTACULAR...LY IN 3-D

Jericho · 190099

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #625 on: October 29, 2010, 02:54:43 PM
This must really be another broken seal towards the end of the world. I mean, really who would have EVER imagined say- two years back, that Inafune would ever quit Capcom like this? Hell, who would have imagined that in day 1 of the franchise?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #626 on: October 29, 2010, 03:08:49 PM
Correct.  At least, as far as I can remember.

They never actually mention the "Fourth Armor" being a replica in X5, but Alia specifically mentions having had to repair the Falcon Armor at the start of 6 (which is the in-game reason for why the removed its flight ability).

Presumably, that's also why the Fourth Armor can no longer hover in X5.

It could hover... for like 5 seconds.

I don't recall being able to hover for a long amount of time in X4 anyway.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #627 on: October 29, 2010, 08:54:20 PM
(Click Me)

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #628 on: October 29, 2010, 09:02:40 PM
Well I'm happy that my 2nd choice one. Shame my 1st choice was 5th. Wow. Ah well.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #629 on: October 29, 2010, 09:04:12 PM
Maybe I'm just incredibly cynical, but I think a lot of the fans who voted Komaki's design only voted for her so that there'd be a redhead to go along with Roll and Tron.

I don't hate Komaki's, I just can't shake the feeling that that's the case.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #630 on: October 29, 2010, 09:06:03 PM
Well I'm happy that my 2nd choice one. Shame my 1st choice was 5th. Wow. Ah well.

Heh that was my first choice.  owob

Maybe I'm just incredibly cynical, but I think a lot of the fans who voted Komaki's design only voted for her so that there'd be a redhead to go along with Roll and Tron.

I don't hate Komaki's, I just can't shake the feeling that that's the case.

I voted for her because she kinda reminded me of Ranka Lee.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #631 on: October 29, 2010, 09:07:48 PM
Heh that was my first choice.  owob

Well in my many insults of you, I've never say you had bad taste!  8)

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #632 on: October 29, 2010, 09:47:57 PM
Dang, I voted for Kaji and she's second to last.  And then my second choice gets 6th place. >_<

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #633 on: October 29, 2010, 11:28:28 PM
A shame Sensei's didn't win, but Komaki's was in my top four (hard to order them specifically).

Anyone besides me surprised at how grossly Japan's fans outnumbered the rest of the world's?  I think we need to start spreading the word about the Dev Room, seriously.

Presumably, that's also why the Fourth Armor can no longer hover in X5.
The Fourth Armor *DOES* hover in X5.  What it does not do is Nova Strike or Stock Charge, and the Plasma Charge parts are the wrong color.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #634 on: October 29, 2010, 11:29:57 PM
Anyone besides me surprised at how grossly Japan's fans outnumbered the rest of the world's? 

Not in the least. I expected as much.

Actually I'm surprised that you're surprised.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #635 on: October 29, 2010, 11:30:50 PM
Yeah, I'm with Acid. I'm not shocked in any way.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #636 on: October 29, 2010, 11:36:38 PM
Not in the least. I expected as much.

Actually I'm surprised that you're surprised.
If this were before 2008 I'd have expected it.  In recent years I got the vibe of Japan's interest in Rockman waning a bit (ZX/Advent selling better here, and using the "Mega Man" name to announce MMU).  *shrugs*  Even so, I didn't think they'd outnumber US and Europe combined three and a half to one.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #637 on: October 29, 2010, 11:41:17 PM
Yeah well anyway.

As for the result: She wasn't my first choice but I'm OK with that.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #638 on: October 30, 2010, 12:14:49 AM
Yeah well anyway.

As for the result: She wasn't my first choice but I'm OK with that.

Being a loli as the sole excuse (well, not SOLELY the excuse, but you get the picture, blame japan's trend of cuteness) to make "fan art" of the winning entry (or so it seems, just speculaiting, move along). I saw the victory a mile away, just add belts, scarves, and zippers and you are good to go, with the firey pink hair to match.

The Fourth Armor *DOES* hover in X5.

Indeed, it does, but it can lead to it's fair share of unfair deaths if not prepared enough.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline GuardianHX

• "Walker of Bee's Knees."
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #639 on: October 30, 2010, 12:33:26 AM
Aw, that's too bad.  I wanted the Indian girl design to win.

The red-haired chick isn't too bad but she feels a little out of place (Zippers and flames? Really?) so hopefully her design looks a little better when they start going through all the tweaks to make her appearance more MML-ish.

Aresian

Reply #640 on: October 30, 2010, 12:38:11 AM
[tornado fang].

I really, REALLY wanted Sensei's to win. The Indian girl was so cute... she would've been PERFECT for Legends.

Instead we got this... thing. Hey, bloody fans! We have ENOUGH Red Heads and Blonde main characters... goddamnit. What the [tornado fang] is wrong with you?!

*takes a deep breath* Oi... well, definitely not the WORST choice. There is always the hooker with a cloak and Inafune's crappy Roll Knockoff that we could've had... ya know, because we need another Roll.

IN RETROSPECT, there could've been some wincest art produced... if Inafune's character was Roll's sister. :3

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #641 on: October 30, 2010, 12:50:05 AM
I was rooting for Sensei as well, but it is what it is.  We always have fanart, at least.

Indeed, it does, but it can lead to it's fair share of unfair deaths if not prepared enough.
I never found that to be a problem; I don't hover much.  And I never noticed X5's hover being any shorter than X4's.  In both cases, you can hover in place for an extended time, but dies out quickly if you move.

Spoiler-izing my response to the previous debate with Zan so that it doesn't take up intrusive amounts of space (quite frankly I'm getting bored with that discussion anyway)
[spoiler]
But as is, Alia's recreation lends its name from the armor it is based on, not from the number it itself is.
I never said that wasn't the case, I simply said that it's illogical.  To offer a "name" that is simply a numbered sequence, while said number truthfully refers to its predecessor with no additional label to denote itself, is completely senseless.

Just because I get it doesn't mean that I agree with it.

From the viewpoint of the fans at that time, Vile from the very beginning was said to have a defect in the electronic brain. Likewise to Sigma turning evil by the Sigma Virus. Neither Vile, nor Sigma should have attributed to the widespread belief that all Reploids can become Maverick by their own accord.
"Can" and "do" are two different things, Zan.  I still do not see this "widespread belief" you keep talking about.  It's generally accepted that the vast majority of Mavericks are not free-willed, that doesn't make it impossible.

Somewhere along the line, the fan perception changed the original definition to one more revolving around free will, while it should be all about the defects. To me, the term  "Irregular" captures that part of the meaning much more than "Maverick" does, and I can't imagine that such a change did not influence our perception of these concepts, irregardless of the meaning defined in the actual story being the same.
I maintain that this entire point is merely personal interpretation.  An "irregularity" can be anything, including either behavioral or functional.  However, in the context of the X-series the cause of "Irregular behavior" being unknown very strongly implies the former over the latter, thus "Maverick" fits just as appropriately.  By rejecting one possibility over another, you're merely pushing your own interpretation over the localization team's.  And that's okay, but if you're going to hound the fanbase over it, you need to back it up with more than just explaining how it works.  You also need to show why it is preferred, including why/how the equally valid and better established interpretation does not apply.  You only came anywhere close to that with Repliforce, and it wasn't much of an attempt (more later)

It should be entirely possible to create Reploids with defects. And even if they aren't defected, they are grouped among them because of affiliation. That is still not free will; that is being forced inside of the boundaries of the human government's favorite anti-Reploid label. A label the New Generation opposed with the very statement that they cannot become "irregulars" as they have absolute viral immunity.
"Defect" in the context you're describing is in the eyes of the observer, not the creator.  Objectively speaking, the creator's intentions would take precedence; an intentional defect is no defect at all, barring sabotage or research.  Double, for example, is not a defect.  He is Irregular, but is not irregular.

Your use of the label only furthers my point: the term Irregular is just as much a proper noun as Maverick, and as such cannot be taken to the literal extremes you insist upon.

I said "technically". Whether one can become an irregular by choice is even disagreed upon among the New Generation. The majority vote is that they are not irregulars, even if they choose to rebel consciously. It is only Lumine and Sigma that used the Hunters' own terminology (in simplification mind you) and spoke of becoming an irregular of one's own accord. That is, accepting the label you've been given for your actions. However, even if you willingly accept the label, that still does not mean you can become "the definition" by choice. To become the definition, the only option is to choose to lose your sense of self by committing mental suicide through self-infection with the Sigma Virus, or damaging the thought circuit of your own accord.
You realize you just admitted that you're arguing an issue which even the in-game characters have not settled upon, right?  Your insistence on a strict definition of "defective" for Irregular carries heavy implications against the reality of an organized faction, which is what we face in the X-series.  It's grossly naive, given the extreme ambiguity presented throughout the series, as "defective" is relatively objective and clean-cut by comparison.  You admit that Sigma and Lumine use the term Irregular in varying contexts yet insist that the fans should not.

If a free-willed rebellion is not Irregular, then it is up to the in-game characters, not the fans, to redefine the term.  Unlike Epsilon in XCM, X8 left no implications that Lumine was judged as anything but Maverick.  In other words, to the Hunters and to all powers that be, the fact that Lumine acted of his own will was IRRELEVANT.  The same label was still applied.  To argue against that is to argue your personal philosophy over what the actual text of the game tells us.

Only in the time of Neo Arcadia, when the definition of Irregular has truly changed, does turning into an irregular by choice become a much more easily achieved possibility.
Command Mission begs to differ:

"Didn't Epsilon tell you?  Only future generations can judge whether we are truly Maverick or not."

"Maverick?  You seem more Maverick to me, with all your stubborn nonsense about friendship, and your unwillingness to evolve."

What "Irregular" spin on that can you offer which eliminates all implications as to the term referring to behavior, I wonder?

That is why, when the Repliforce were branded as Irregulars, they hated it; they didn't want to be considered Irregulars. Not because of the consequence, as they were already at war; they hated it because the very label hurts their pride. They do not want to be considered as mere malfunctions.
That logic is by no means whatsoever exclusive to a "defective" definition of Irregular.  Repliforce is not of the Irregular faction, did not pose any direct threat to humanity, and even upon acting in force maintained that insurrection against the humans was not their goal, merely a necessity to preserve their own interests.  No matter how you define "Irregular" or "Maverick", the statement that the Repliforce was branded something which they are not, and have more than ample reason to hate it, still applies.[/spoiler]

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #642 on: October 30, 2010, 01:04:17 AM
I never found that to be a problem; I don't hover much.  And I never noticed X5's hover being any shorter than X4's.  In both cases, you can hover in place for an extended time, but dies out quickly if you move.

While it can be a lifesaver sometimes, but I'd like to say that I at least once jumped out a few times inisde the lava in Dinorex's stage, attempted to get the Gaea arms with hovering, misjumps, now THAT was a pain in the ass. Bad timing, and it can be the way of the Terminator for you!  X(

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #643 on: October 30, 2010, 11:36:15 PM
This, ladies and gentlemen, is why fan input for this project will make it worse. [tornado fang] that pokemon wannabe [parasitic bomb] design. Sensei's was the best fit, and should have just been picked without a damned poll.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Aresian

Reply #644 on: October 30, 2010, 11:39:59 PM
This, ladies and gentlemen, is why fan input for this project will make it worse. [tornado fang] that pokemon wannabe [parasitic bomb] design. Sensei's was the best fit, and should have just been picked without a damned poll.

This.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #645 on: October 30, 2010, 11:54:14 PM
Well, Sensei's design was pretty much won over here in the Capcom unity polls, but it's the Japanese side from what i gather, that voted for Komaki's to win. and when they put the polls from both sides together, Komaki won.

It isnt surprising though, given how Japan is OBSESSED with Pokemon and Pokemon-like games.

[tornado fang] YEAH SENSEI. YOU SHOULD HAVE WON :C

Which is why while I know the improbability, Im still hoping that just maybe, the second place winner wil be used in there somewhere, even if its just another townsfolk.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline DjKlzonez

• B-Class Hunter
  • Once a year
    • View Profile
Reply #646 on: October 30, 2010, 11:54:50 PM
Inafune quits because his design ended last, and looked like Ruby Spears Roll.(or is it just me)

Steam       Youtube

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #647 on: October 30, 2010, 11:55:47 PM
Sensei's was the best fit, and should have just been picked without a damned poll.

...um...I know I'll get screeched at for this, but that's subjective.

Not that I didn't prefer Sensei's, but still.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #648 on: October 31, 2010, 12:00:58 AM
Inafune quits because his design ended last, and looked like Ruby Spears Roll.(or is it just me)
Glad to see im not the only one who saw that.

Posted on: October 30, 2010, 04:59:06 PM
...um...I know I'll get screeched at for this, but that's subjective.

Not that I didn't prefer Sensei's, but still.
Its really just a matter of comparing each design to Legends. Sensei's captured the feel of legends just right, and actually FIT better than any of them. Komaki's fits too, but that hair kills it. It looks too Pokemon. Judging by the protagonists we already have too, Sensei's was the perfect kind of distinction needed.[/opinion]

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #649 on: October 31, 2010, 12:10:16 AM
[/opinion]

Ib4 Opinion Wars.

I know where you are getting with the hair, but then again, What's-His-Face from Misadventures has DAT NOSE. And am I missing something here, or are people are beginning to start comparing Inufaune's entry with Ruby Spears Roll?