MegaMan Legends 3 is REAL, AND IT'S SPECTACULAR...LY IN 3-D

Jericho · 190101

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #325 on: October 03, 2010, 05:10:31 AM
I'd share your pain if my birthday hadn't fixed that about two years ago >.>

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #326 on: October 03, 2010, 05:13:14 AM
Maybe Legends 3 will gear up enough Megaman interest on the 3DS to get MHX ported over, and maybe continued.

It's a pipe dream, but hey.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #327 on: October 03, 2010, 05:52:49 AM
I still think MHX should have been a PS2 game.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #328 on: October 03, 2010, 06:02:46 AM
Because of the announcement of Legends 3, I'm doing a whole run through of the Legends series, beginning with Misadventures of Tron Bonne... or began rather, as it was a game I kinda stopped playing halfway through due to real life catching up. So, now that I finished it, I'm moving on to Legends 1.

If you can somehow manage to pick up Tron Bonne without spending an arm and a leg, go for it. Emulation won't help here as no emulator can run this game without some sort of problem, even the PSP one packing popstation packs.

Sadly, my copy didn't have the Legends 2 Demo and efforts to buy it standalone have been fruitless. [tornado fang]ing hoarder neckbeards jacking up the price of the game to unreasonable levels...

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: October 03, 2010, 06:05:12 AM
Yeah, I was planning a replay of the series as well. I'll do it some time later before release, so that I can refresh my memory of everything that happened.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #330 on: October 03, 2010, 06:24:20 AM
Sadly, my copy didn't have the Legends 2 Demo and efforts to buy it standalone have been fruitless. [tornado fang]ing hoarder neckbeards jacking up the price of the game to unreasonable levels...

Are you playing it in Japanese?  Because, if not, I don't think its worth your time.  The English demo was kinda lack-luster.  Just full of actual in-game missions.  I hear (and seen a little) that the Japanese version has a "episode 1" (or was it Episode 0?)  

Everyone probably knows this, but its the one with the whole "Tron kidnapped Roll" thing, right?

MoT is probably the only Legends game I don't own in Japanese... (yet?)

So that also means I haven't played that version of the demo.  (when I was in 6th grade, the booklet of the English version sure did get me though!  I later found out that it lied to me, because CAPCOM translated the booklet, but didn't correct it!!  I thought there was cool missions I was missing out on, or I thought my game was defective and would only let me play certain ones without the others!)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #331 on: October 03, 2010, 06:31:28 AM
DASH 2 Episode 1 (with the "Roll-chan Kiki Ippatsu!" mission) was included with Tron ni Kobun.
It's the blue Data disc on this game package.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #332 on: October 03, 2010, 06:34:08 AM
Nice!  I guess if I look for it in Japanese, that will be my fangasim for the 3rd games release!

Since all we can really talk about right now is the specs of the 3DS, does anyone know how good the speakers will be?

I haven't owned a PSP, I've borrowed from friends to play MHX and FF7:CC, the speakers (in my opinion) had really bad sound quality.  So when I played I would plugged them into my surround sound speakers of my room, or headphones.

I do the same for some DS games that I enjoy enough to hear it more clearly.

I might say that the DS speakers were a bit better than the PSP's  from what I can remember...

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #333 on: October 03, 2010, 06:39:07 AM
Eh I wouldn't say so. That might be because the PSP handles sound in general better though. From what little I've heard of both mind you, since I always use earphones.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #334 on: October 03, 2010, 06:40:25 AM
Maybe Legends 3 will gear up enough Megaman interest on the 3DS to get MHX ported over, and maybe continued.

It's a pipe dream, but hey.

Not only that, but perhaps MHX2 will come with Playable Dr. Cain!  8)

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #335 on: October 03, 2010, 06:42:13 AM
^I bought the PSP solely for the Megaman X remake games, and Power Up as I never played the Classic Megaman games.

I played those games, but I never got around to beating them. I played the N64 of Legends 1, but I got stuck at the last dungeon.
Couldn't figure out what to do to proceed, this was years ago when I young so I didn't understand as much as I do now, when I got to the bottom from the entrance. I'm ashamed that I couldn't beat or fight the final boss.

Also I little played somewhere in the beginning a bit in Legends but didn't get as far, but that's become it was my distant cousin's game plus he moved to Florida so we didn't get a chance to finish it.

I only rented those games, but I wished I've could've bought them. Guess I'll go look around to buy them online but after building parts for my Gaming PC.

I got a lot of Megaman games to buy, I'm missing out. :-[

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #336 on: October 03, 2010, 06:51:03 AM

yeah, as well as a side story that will tell us how Dr. Cain survived the explosion to help rebuild Zero at the end of MHX2.  HA!  Classic errors....

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #337 on: October 03, 2010, 07:12:23 AM
Are you playing it in Japanese?  Because, if not, I don't think its worth your time.  The English demo was kinda lack-luster.  Just full of actual in-game missions.  I hear (and seen a little) that the Japanese version has a "episode 1" (or was it Episode 0?)  

Everyone probably knows this, but its the one with the whole "Tron kidnapped Roll" thing, right?

MoT is probably the only Legends game I don't own in Japanese... (yet?)

So that also means I haven't played that version of the demo.  (when I was in 6th grade, the booklet of the English version sure did get me though!  I later found out that it lied to me, because CAPCOM translated the booklet, but didn't correct it!!  I thought there was cool missions I was missing out on, or I thought my game was defective and would only let me play certain ones without the others!)
That so? Ah well... I thought it was just the Japanese one, but untranslated aside from menus. If that's the case, then I guess I really am not missing out on anything.

Thanks for that.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #338 on: October 03, 2010, 08:04:52 AM
Playable Zero. you get to choose which body part you play as.

If you choose the head, you get to whip opponents with Zero's ponytail.

serious note though- if this does well, maybe it will convince Capcom/Inti to make that ZX3.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #339 on: October 03, 2010, 03:25:38 PM
Good news indeed. :)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #340 on: October 03, 2010, 04:34:03 PM
Well I know IM more afraid of having a repeat of MHX happen to me.  (I STILL dont have a PSP, and I STILL have not played MHX or PU. :( )
If I were you I'd save for the 3DS first.  Both PSP MegaMan games are good games, but not good remakes, IMHO.  Both are lackluster visually, PU plays more like a GB game than an NES game, and MHX sliced your upgraded buster attack strength in half.  The main appeal of these games, to me, is their alternate characters.  For playing as the blue bomber himself, I find myself returning to the originals.  That and Sony will probably be releasing a PSP2 in the near future, so you need to think about how much the rest of the PSP's library interests you at the moment (also on Capcom's end: Power Stone Collection) and how (un)likely things are to change from there.

Meanwhile, on the 3DS, even if for the sake of argument Legends 3 flops (and I will RAAAAAAGE), you'll still have downloadable classics.  Recall, MM2 was one of the games showcased in the pop-up NES/SNES reel at E3.

And, personally, I don't know how the hell anybody is not excited by Kid Icarus Uprising either, but that's just me.

Eh I wouldn't say so. That might be because the PSP handles sound in general better though. From what little I've heard of both mind you, since I always use earphones.
I think to some degree handheld speakers are handheld speakers.  But yeah, the PSP has basically a mini-DVD to stream audio off of, while the DS will often be using sequencers (and heavily compressed audio when it does stream).

Still, the DS had that simulated surround sound shpiel, though I can't remember any games that used it other than SM64DS.  Also, with speakers on the top half of the clam-shell, there is no possible way that resting your thumbs in the wrong place will disrupt the audio.  Something that goes on with me using a lot of other handhelds (GBA SP, in particular, as I am still madly addicted to Metroid Zero Mission)

yeah, as well as a side story that will tell us how Dr. Cain survived the explosion to help rebuild Zero at the end of MHX2.  HA!  Classic errors....
In all fairness, Serges built the body, Cain simply put the pieces together.  On the other hand, I would imagine that even installing Zero's control chip takes a fair amount of brains...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #341 on: October 03, 2010, 05:59:45 PM
The PSP was cool regardless of not that many games interesting me, (there are more that do now though) because it was if you will forgive the comparison- like an IRL PET. you could do everything on that [parasitic bomb], music, internet, games...

PU doesnt exactly interest me THAT much TBH, I never liked the overly chibi look it has- i always felt it was TOO cute. Even for classic. And I dislike Rock's voice. I  curious though, and the level builder looks fairly interesting enough to amuse me. As well as Playble Robot masters. I mean really. Thunder beam as my main weapon? Yes please.

MHX is similar. Except it DOES excite me.(Unlike PU)  i like it's intention, despite not being a perfect remake. I like the updated graphics and stuff, the VAs, stuff like that- I never liked the way they swapped capsules around though- and well, yeah vile mode sounds interesting, though i still would have liked a Zero mode- JUST for the sake of seeing how pre-X2 Zero functions in a playable manner.
And of course Day of Sigma, but i can find that online, so no biggie there.\

Still, the DS had that simulated surround sound shpiel, though I can't remember any games that used it other than SM64DS.
in any case it made sound sound much better in any game. Dawn of Sorrow sounded surround... (which made Bloody tears sound all the more awesome) but maybe thats just me.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #342 on: October 03, 2010, 06:15:23 PM
The PSP was cool regardless of not that many games interesting me, (there are more that do now though) because it was if you will forgive the comparison- like an IRL PET. you could do everything on that [parasitic bomb], music, internet, games...

Well, isn't the Progress PET pretty much a PSP but with a holographic touch screen anyways? =P

As well as Playble Robot masters. I mean really. Thunder beam as my main weapon? Yes please.

I'll be honest, I feel that last part is much better in theory than in practice, but maybe that's just me. Also, honestly, some are a pain to play as *stares at Oilman and Gutsman*

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #343 on: October 03, 2010, 06:33:07 PM
Well, isn't the Progress PET pretty much a PSP but with a holographic touch screen anyways? =P
Exactly!

I'll be honest, I feel that last part is much better in theory than in practice, but maybe that's just me. Also, honestly, some are a pain to play as *stares at Oilman and Gutsman*
the only thing I can imagine making it harder to play as Elecman would be that in PU weapons cant go through walls. otherwise, if thunder beam is as awesome as it was in 1,then shouldnt be too bad.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #344 on: October 03, 2010, 06:34:52 PM
It's more of a "it just doesn't feel right" thing to me, dunno how I'd explain it.

Offline ಠ_ಠ

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #345 on: October 03, 2010, 08:40:03 PM
no emulator can run this game without some sort of problem

What exactly happens? Because I've been trying to emulate MAoTB and it keeps hanging on the first level when I get to the fight with Glyde. And the emulators that I'm using are PSx and ePSXe.

Previously Zerokun.
If it moves, shoot it; if it doesn't move, well......shoot it anyway.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #346 on: October 03, 2010, 08:51:47 PM
What exactly happens? Because I've been trying to emulate MAoTB and it keeps hanging on the first level when I get to the fight with Glyde. And the emulators that I'm using are PSx and ePSXe.
So this didn't just happen to me?...

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #347 on: October 03, 2010, 09:03:03 PM
Yeah, but I'm sure the 3DS will be able to do all of those things too, in time. With or without modding, I don't know, but it's possible...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline David5109

• Mega Man Legends Fan
  • Net Navi
  • Mega Man Legends 3 Project
    • View Profile
Reply #348 on: October 03, 2010, 09:24:47 PM
The only thing I own is Mega Man 64, as I've never owned any other type of System other than a Nintendo one for my entire lifespan.

So, I could do that!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #349 on: October 03, 2010, 09:36:29 PM
Because I've been trying to emulate MAoTB and it keeps hanging on the first level when I get to the fight with Glyde. And the emulators that I'm using are PSx and ePSXe.

It does that randomly and it has been doing that for years.
Keep trying and you will be able to get past those black loading screens, or try ePSXe 1.7.0.
Maybe I help you with a new ISO rip from my game disc, hopefully that will work.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~