What does Hideki Kamiya know about Rockman DASH?

HokutoNoBen · 37104

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 06:16:09 PM
Didn't Inafune-san mention an "often requested" game to be coming out this year at PAX? ovo

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 06:17:51 PM
Wasnt that MVC3?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 06:23:25 PM
This was when they were giving detail on Megaman Universe, by which time MvC3 was already known about for months and had trailers! ^^;

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 06:24:17 PM
On top of that, he mentioned that it was an announcement that Mega Man fans would truly love.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 06:43:55 PM
On top of that, he mentioned that it was an announcement that Mega Man fans would truly love.
That could mean pretty much anything.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 06:45:51 PM
Watch it be something like being able to use Trigger in MMU :P

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 07:11:24 PM
I wish I could deny that.  I really do...

IT WILL BE KINECT EXCLUSIVE.

...AND IT WILL FEATURE HOLOGRAPHIC RIGHT ANALOG STICKS.

...THE WHOLE GAME WILL BE BASED ON RIGHT ANALOG STICKS.
Well, I already have remarkably better success at handling imaginary right analogue sticks than Daemon Hatfield, so I guess holographic would be the next step up. 8D

And unless it's 2D, the damn game WILL have to evolve in some way from the previous titles. It's inevitable. And you won't find me complaining about that.
Who do you think you're fooling?  You already complain about the 2D games (ZX) not evolving.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 07:32:02 PM
I just want Legends 3.

I don't care what system it's for.

I have them all.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: September 18, 2010, 07:34:58 PM
With 3DS being able to handle MT Framework in all its splendor, I say why the [tornado fang] not? Honestly though, platform choice isn't gonna bug me with this game if/when it's announced. As soon as I know what it's dropping for, the game and console will be preordered and picked up (if it's out now).

Sure, we would basically have a (original)Xbox/Wii graphically looking game, so that satisfies me enough. But then of course, people would [sonic slicer] and moan saying the graphics "suck" or it's not on PS3/360.

One problem if it was on 3DS though would be the control, what with the single analog.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: September 18, 2010, 07:39:06 PM
I wish I could deny that.  I really do...

Well, I already have remarkably better success at handling imaginary right analogue sticks than Daemon Hatfield, so I guess holographic would be the next step up. 8D
Who do you think you're fooling?  You already complain about the 2D games (ZX) not evolving.
The hell you talking about? A 3D Megaman game will already be an evolution, and seeing as Capcom will NOT have that retarded tank control scheme in this generation on a new system (unless the game is for the PSP or something) the game WILL evolve, in controls as well as environments, simply due to the fact that it's being made in superior hardware that it was made years ago, and unless they try to make it retro 32-bit, the changes WILL happen.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #35 on: September 18, 2010, 07:40:23 PM
..........Its for the PSOne...

*inb4 I remind people of my paper-thin wallet and lack of a PS1/PS2*

But still, here's to hoping we get Legends 3!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: September 18, 2010, 07:41:06 PM
Sure, we would basically have a (original)Xbox/Wii graphically looking game, so that satisfies me enough. But then of course, people would [sonic slicer] and moan saying the graphics "suck" or it's not on PS3/360.

One problem if it was on 3DS though would be the control, what with the single analog.

Oh man, people are in for such a pleasant surprise if they think that 3DS is only Xbox1/Wii tier. Not even for the sake of starting some arguments, but there have been pretty knowledgeable people commenting on its potential output that originally thought it was somewhere around that area spec wise, but have later stated that if anything, they were being too harsh on the system (without meaning to at that). The current consensus is that instead of being an Xbox+, it's actually more of a 360--. XD

Meanwhile, [tornado fang] the whiners, they didn't want Legends 3 enough if a platform choice would stop them from getting it or saying it'd be suited to another console better .

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: September 18, 2010, 07:46:10 PM
Oh man, people are in for such a pleasant surprise if they think that 3DS is only Xbox1/Wii tier. Not even for the sake of starting some arguments, but there have been pretty knowledgeable people commenting on its potential output that originally thought it was somewhere around that area spec wise, but have later stated that if anything, they were being too harsh on the system (without meaning to at that). The current consensus is that instead of being an Xbox+, it's actually more of a 360--. XD

Meanwhile, [tornado fang] the whiners, they didn't want Legends 3 enough if a platform choice would stop them from getting it or saying it'd be suited to another console better .
I do believe the 3DS might be all that and a bag of chips, but why do those SF4 screenshots look like total crap so far?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: September 18, 2010, 07:50:21 PM
I do believe the 3DS might be all that and a bag of chips, but why do those SF4 screenshots look like total crap so far?

Surprisingly, SSFIV3D is really early. They have the assets and engine running since the 3DS is just unreal effective to program for and get things running on, but they are still doing the fine tuning and various other things with the game at the same time now. There's a really good interview and thread on this here if you'd like to take a look.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: September 18, 2010, 07:51:28 PM
and seeing as Capcom will NOT have that retarded tank control scheme in this generation on a new system
RE4 and RE5, dude. Those both have Tank controls, and they're both recent. I wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility for Capcom to go that way. Not that the controls handled badly anyways, for me at least.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 18, 2010, 07:54:03 PM

According to one of the interviews, the game was only 10% complete or so. So there's plenty of time for improvement. (yeah, yeah. Jelly already covered that) Another thing, given how insane Revelations' graphics look, i wonder if it could really get much better than it already is. (it is one of the early 3DS games afterall)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 18, 2010, 07:55:03 PM
RE4 and RE5, dude. Those both have Tank controls, and they're both recent. I wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility for Capcom to go that way. Not that the controls handled badly anyways, for me at least.
They're a different sort of tank controls, the kind you can't move while you shoot. Those wouldn't be used for Megaman. They still want you to shoot while moving.

According to one of the interviews, the game was only 10% complete. So there's plenty of time for improvement. Another thing, given how insane Revelations' graphics look, i wonder if it could really get much better than it already is. (it is one of the early 3DS games afterall)
Until now, I haven't seen any gameplay from Revelations so far.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: September 18, 2010, 07:56:34 PM
Until now, I haven't seen any gameplay from Revelations so far.

The thing they showed for it, just to give you a heads up, was 100% real time. Also, seriously, check that link I gave you. It has a ton of great info like this.

Edit: [tornado fang]ing sentence structure, how does it work? XD

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #43 on: September 18, 2010, 08:00:45 PM
retarded tank control scheme

Wait, what's wrong with MML's control scheme?  Played perfectly to me, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: September 18, 2010, 08:11:03 PM
By making proper use of the shoulder buttons Mega Man moves as swiftly as a fox.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: September 18, 2010, 08:15:03 PM
By making proper use of the shoulder buttons Mega Man moves as swiftly as a fox.

This, seriously. XD

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: September 18, 2010, 08:36:26 PM
..........Its for the PSOne...

And PC, and PSP can play PSX games. And a decent PC can play PSX games.
And PS2 can play them.

Edit: Legends 2 Plays nice if you assign your mouse to the Look function(Right stick, I think)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: September 18, 2010, 08:57:52 PM
>shoulder buttons
>movement

...that is what's wrong with it. Nothing wrong with it back then, but plenty of wrong with it now that we have controllers to make all kinds of movement possible. Using shoulder buttons to move around in this day and age is not just unrealistic, it would be idiotic for anyone with two brain cells to rub on each other. Itagaki has already said in the past that all he'd need was the Dead Rising engine, and they'd be able to develop the thing in no time.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #48 on: September 18, 2010, 08:59:51 PM
> Legends
> Bayonetta (with Metroid: Other M gameplay thrown in) Gameplay
> Success

But at least Capcom still aknowlidges it's existance.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: September 18, 2010, 09:01:24 PM
inb4 the misadventures of tron bonne 2