Kit · 214909

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #3975 on: September 13, 2013, 11:28:51 PM
Phoenix stiffened up at the entrance of the legendary Mewtwo. He quietly whispered to Maya, "Say... maybe Mewtwo could be the inside source on Team Rocket's corruption? I mean, he used to be under their capture, right?"

what

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3976 on: September 13, 2013, 11:31:26 PM
(Maya was here the whole time?)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3977 on: September 13, 2013, 11:35:15 PM
(She is now.)

Maya raised an eyebrow. "We're supposed to be defending Mewtwo..."

Quickie leaned forward. "Also, the incident in Vermilion, Carr had taken on Mewtwo's form using tarot cards.  That will take some blame off of him."

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #3978 on: September 13, 2013, 11:50:21 PM
As if to remind Phoenix of what they were talking about, Tarot Skitty opens its mouth wide enough to reveal the full frames of the cards, pointing towards it as the Fool card pops up and waves almost sheepishly.

Hierophant was barely paying attention as he looks towards the bias Officer Jenny mentally blowing a gasket over Mewtwo being initiated into the trial, "That's if that overworked Jenny doesn't try to convince the jury that they were being manipulated by Mewtwo's psychic abilities...."

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3979 on: September 14, 2013, 02:06:27 AM
"Mr. Payne, please give us your opening statement." The Judge stated.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3980 on: September 14, 2013, 04:47:33 AM
Payne combed at his "hair" again, and spoke.

"Yes, You Honour. The creature brought before this court is the legendary Pokemon, Mewtwo. A Pokemon that was created by scientists in Rocket Industries to better understand Psychic-types, and hence was granted heightened psychic prowess. All was well... Until Mewtwo went berserk, destroying the lab where he was kept in... As well as taking the lives of numerous Rocket Industries scientists and employees.

We will show the court today, that Mewtwo should be returned to Rocket Industries, as a form of apology for all the heinous acts it has commited when freed, for example... The incidents in Saffron City, Stone Town, Fuschia City, Route 11 and Vermilion City."

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3981 on: September 14, 2013, 05:30:27 AM
The Judge shook his head. "Oh dear, that is truly dreadful to hear. Such destructive power... why, I'm not sure I feel too comfortable with this "Mewtwo" character standing right here in the court!"

He stroked his beard and continued, "Nonetheless, this trial must continue. Mr. Payne, please bring your witness to the stand."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3982 on: September 14, 2013, 05:43:50 AM
Mewtwo glowered and tugged at the restraints a bit, but otherwise remained quiet.  The muzzle was particularly itchy, and with some difficulty, due to the cuffs being attached to a belt around his waist, he reached up enough to scratch his face.  One of the wardens watched him closely.

At the defense's table, Quickie shrank in her seat.  She risked another glance over her shoulder.  Aside from the restraints and overall looking particularly irritated with them, Mewtwo was in good condition.  Even his fur seemed less scraggly.  Their gaze met for a moment before Quickie looked away, hoping no one noticed.  She didn't want to sabotage their chances in court.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3983 on: September 14, 2013, 06:34:01 AM
"Yes Your Honour. My first witness... Is Officer Jenny from the Vermilion City Police Station."

Officer Jenny stood up from behind the prosecution table, and made her way towards the stand.

"Officer Jenny, do you swear to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth?"

"As an officer, I do."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3984 on: September 14, 2013, 06:42:14 AM
Quickie sank even farther into her seat.  "This isn't good..."

Maya raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"That officer isn't very... nice," Quickie flattened her lips into a thin line.

A couple rows back, Mewtwo narrowed his eyes, seeing Jenny take the stand.  He sucked in his breath and waited for the onslaught of accusations.  Tugging at the restraints again to scratch his face, he glared at Jenny.  Given the chance, he would put the fear of god into her.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3985 on: September 14, 2013, 06:45:12 AM
Seeing the bias Officer Jenny being called to the stand made Tarot Skitty's forehead turn blue while Hierophant cringed in mild frustration.

"Already...?  They must really be desperate to make the entire courtroom turn their scorn onto Mewtwo without taking other statements into consideration...." he mutters.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3986 on: September 14, 2013, 07:01:37 AM
(Time for some coloured dialogue. Payne will be yellow, while Jenny will be lime green.)

"For records purposes, please state your name, and occupation."

"Sure. I'm Offier Jenny, one of the head officers over at the Vermilion City Police Station."

"Good. And how are you related to Mewtwo's case?"

"My station was initially in charge of the investigation of the commotion in Route 11. However, due to possible connections with some related commotion at Fuschia City, my station was roped to investigate that as well. And when we finally caught the culprit, it was brought to my station."

"And the culprit is... Mewtwo I presume?"

"Yes, it is."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3987 on: September 14, 2013, 07:08:19 AM
(Getting sleepy...)

Mewtwo cringed, but remained silent.  He was briefed prior to being brought over, and it was emphasized that he remain absolutely quiet, unless he was called to testify.  He bowed his head, dropping his gaze to his cuffs.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3988 on: September 14, 2013, 08:52:03 AM
"So... Could you give us a brief summary of what you have found out from the investigation?"

"Well...Although the case is still open, however, given that this court order overrides that... *clears throat* ... From my interrogation of witnesses and the culprit, it was clear that whatever happened in Route 11 was due to Mewtwo. Mewtwo had projected a Shiny version of itself, and using its psychic prowess, he mind controlled Pokemon that it claimed to be his clone family. The damage was extensive, and it took the combined efforts multiple officers to finally apprehend Mewtwo."

"That sounds terrible!"

"That wasn't all. Mewtwo's psychic prowess even went as far as manipulating his "trainers", to make them think that the Shiny projection was due to a rouge Rocket employee using a... Magical card to take on Mewtwo's appearance."

"Magic? There's such a thing as magic!?"

"That's what I thought too. Even my cousin Jenny was swayed by this psychic suggestion."

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #3989 on: September 14, 2013, 09:01:02 AM
(Where are we? >^<)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3990 on: September 14, 2013, 09:03:03 AM
Sweat began to form on the Judge's forehead, and he nervously wiped it with his handkerchief.

"And these restraints on this creature... are they absolutely certain to keep it from destroying this courtroom or mind-controlling me?" The Judge bit his lip and slowly sunk into his seat.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3991 on: September 14, 2013, 09:10:20 AM
(Where are we? >^<)
(Well... The main group is now in a courtroom, trial has began for Mewtwo's custody. As for Steiner, last I recall, he is with Dr. Yeung at the Pokemon Institute, talking about the Shadow Project... Might want to get Quickie to confirm on that...)

Posted on: September 14, 2013, 15:07:10
Sweat began to form on the Judge's forehead, and he nervously wiped it with his handkerchief.

"And these restraints on this creature... are they absolutely certain to keep it from destroying this courtroom or mind-controlling me?" The Judge bit his lip and slowly sunk into his seat.
"The Pal Park wardens have informed me that the restraints do nothing... They are just for formalities... So I highly advise you to stay calm, Your Honour."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3992 on: September 14, 2013, 09:17:47 AM
The Judge froze momentarily and glanced at an exit door to his right. Only for emergencies, only for emergencies... He repeated in his head over and over again.

He cleared his throat and spoke, "C-calm? Yes! I can be calm, no problem! L-let's continue, shall we?" He attempted to veil his hysteria, though not successfully.

The Judge inhaled deeply, then exhaled. "Is there any more information that you'd like to add, Officer Jenny?"

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #3993 on: September 14, 2013, 09:19:59 AM
(Will be going to sleep shortly...hope Phoenix doesn't daze off when he's actually needed )

what

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3994 on: September 14, 2013, 09:21:42 AM
(If Jenny doesn't have any more to add, I may as well commence the Cross-Examination)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3995 on: September 14, 2013, 09:27:12 AM
(One quick one...)

"One final thing, Your Honour. I mentioned earlier that we were roped in for the Fuschia investigation as well, and from eye witness reports, Mewtwo was seen using his psychic prowess on an old man. An old defenceless man."

"And with that, Your Honour, Mewtwo should be returned for proper treatment. To think an old man was subjected to such... I hope Your Honour agrees with me."

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3996 on: September 14, 2013, 09:31:23 AM
"So... Could you give us a brief summary of what you have found out from the investigation?"

"Well...Although the case is still open, however, given that this court order overrides that... *clears throat* ... From my interrogation of witnesses and the culprit, it was clear that whatever happened in Route 11 was due to Mewtwo. Mewtwo had projected a Shiny version of itself, and using its psychic prowess, he mind controlled Pokemon that it claimed to be his clone family. The damage was extensive, and it took the combined efforts multiple officers to finally apprehend Mewtwo."

"That sounds terrible!"

"That wasn't all. Mewtwo's psychic prowess even went as far as manipulating his "trainers", to make them think that the Shiny projection was due to a rouge Rocket employee using a... Magical card to take on Mewtwo's appearance."

"Magic? There's such a thing as magic!?"

"That's what I thought too. Even my cousin Jenny was swayed by this psychic suggestion."

Hierophant struggled to keep Tarot Skitty from going on a tirade over Jenny's bias misinterpretations; keeping one arm wrapped around its waist while clamping its snot-covered face with his other hand as it flails its arms and legs about, trying to protest her short-attentive accusations.

"Not now, not now!" he almost hissed, "If you speak up in the middle of her testimony, they're going to throw you out and possibly ban you from testifying any accusations for Mewtwo and your cards!"

Tarot Skitty eventually falls limp, though it continues to growl a cat-like growl while puffing clouds from its ears.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3997 on: September 14, 2013, 09:31:56 AM
(Oh boy...

I'll have to continue this later. It's really late and I'm gonna turn in.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3998 on: September 14, 2013, 09:34:25 AM
(But it's only 3.33pm here! 8D LOL, we can continue this later.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3999 on: September 14, 2013, 05:03:10 PM
(Ahrzayl:  Steiner is at the Pokemon Institute with Yeung.  They're discussing the Shadow Pokemon Project.  Meowth has been zombie-moved to the trial as a witness.)

Quickie risked another glance over her shoulder at Mewtwo.

Mewtwo gave a brief nod. "I would suggest that you steal no more glances in my direction."

Quickie returned the nod and looked away.  She glanced at Phoenix, watching him stand and stack his notes.  Beside him, Maya scratched at her hair bun.