Mega Man R Soundtrack

Reg · 2502

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
on: December 04, 2008, 02:00:16 AM
Since Nitro Beast let us hear his music for Rockman X: Blood Plasma even though the game isn't out yet, I figured I'd go ahead and follow suit.

The Mega Man R soundtrack is music from a Mega Man game that does not exist yet, save for the robot masters I've draw up and the intro that I've doodled. Much of the music comes from the chiptunes lovers at 20A3.org, a few tracks from existing NES titles.

When selecting songs, I think I was influenced by a number of things. Since this is something that I've been compiling back in July, I was probably a bit influenced by Mega Man 9 (I certainly was with some of the robot masters). I also took a cue from Mushroom Kingdom Fusion and gave each character their own Stage Clear themes, Intro Stage themes, and ending themes. I tried to pick something that I think would fit each character.

While these are chiptunes, not every single track sounds Mega Man-like because I wanted to give the music a bit of a different feel. If the game ever gets made, I don't want this to be "just another Mega Man game" and I wanted to reflect that in the music.

Anyhoo, I thought I'd finally post this up. Hope you guys dig the songs I selected.

Mega Man R: http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/3197749313/Mega_Man_R.rar

The album cover was drawn from a friend of mine at my request.  8)