The Pre-E3 2010 Discussion Thread - HYPE SEASON! NEWS SEASON!

Jericho · 16675

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Yes, you were supposed to read the second half of the title like Bugs & Daffy. XD

Now then, welcome RPM! How's it going? With another year gone by and a month to go before the Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3 for all you cool people, I think it's time for one of RPM's newest traditions, namely the Pre E3 news gathering and general speculation thread, to make another appearance. This year we've been given numerous hints that things will be big and very interesting. Whether it be with the release of Sony & Microsoft's new attempts at motion & camera control, Stereoscopic (3D) gaming in the form of PS3's updates, Nintendo's brand new 3DS handheld, or the mysterious Xbox 360 update that only those in Korea have been selected to receive, or just hints at the games of the show (Zelda Wii, The Last Guardian, etc), this is the place for it all. So come on in and share as we wait for the video gaming event of the year!

News Reel:

Nintendo

Microsoft

Sony

Other Parties (Sega, Capcom, Square-Enix, SNK, etc.)

Liveblogging of The Event
-Stay Tuned!-
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:14:25 AM by Jericho »

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I hope for infos on that ominous MM Online/Universe thing.
Also finally gameplay videos or at least official pictures of FinalFantasy Versus 13
Then there's a boatload of Nintendo stuff I wanna see. Mainly expecting Zelda though.

And overall I hope it won't be as bad as E3 2008

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
I'm hoping for info on Universe and/or Online (since they may be the same thing) and, of course, Golden Sun DS.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
3DS might be good although putting Wii Music on that is a hell no!
And the new Zelda is sooo mysterious! Maybe some Peace Walker things there too, but they've shown alot of that lately.
Project Natal might just blow everyone off their seats too!
NEWS SEASON!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Speaking of Konami... maybe news on another Sparkster?

Then there's Metal gear Rising. And of course Castlevania stuff (like Lords of Shadows). And who knows... maybe ZoE3?

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Am hoping for more on MvC3 and the MegaMan Universe, that's pertty much it for me on E3.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Oh yes, I really hope there aren't any celebrities there, and if they are, I hope they do a better performance than Ringo last year. Anyways, MvC3 and I really want to see that Natal performance, it sounds spectacular!
Hopefully some things on Little Big Planet 2.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
The only celebrities I want to see are the Takahashi brothers. I think that's their name.

Yes, I want more Golden Sun DS stuff, damnit! MOAR!

And Cowbell Hero! It would be a smash hit! obviously I'm kidding

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
It's about time you made this, Jelly!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Waitin' to see if Cappy shows us what Megaman Universe is.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Waitin' to see if Cappy shows us what Megaman Universe is.

That may not be the only thing Cappy has to show, no less!

Inafune, at Captivate, stated that there were like 7 or so unannounced titles that were still lying in the wings. MvC3 and BC:ReArm2 are only just the tip of the possible iceberg. Inafune himself has stated that he was "excited to be working" on one of those titles.

Couple that with the "Ninja Theory + DMC" rumor that started flying around last month, and it could be a very interesting time at Capcom's side of the 'hood this E3. They could certainly need to, since, in my opinion at least, dem niggas need to pay what they owe for that sorry "Lost Planet Movie hype show" they called a news conference back '08!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Inafune, at Captivate, stated that there were like 7 or so unannounced titles that were still lying in the wings. MvC3 and BC:ReArm2 are only just the tip of the possible iceberg. Inafune himself has stated that he was "excited to be working" on one of those titles.

Oh? Never heard about this. But that's cool. I hope some good ol' Capcom franchises get some lovin'.

Couple that with the "Ninja Theory + DMC" rumor that started flying around last month, and it could be a very interesting time at Capcom's side of the 'hood this E3.

Eh... I'm still indifferent about this.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
I just wish that BoF1/2 remake rumor was true, but it's looking exceedingly unlikely...

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
I just wish that BoF1/2 remake rumor was true, but it's looking exceedingly unlikely...

Like I said back in that topic...pay no heed to sites like "gofanboy", who were created a month or so before they started posting such "news", and thus, have little reason to have that much stock placed in them!  8D

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I'd be more than OK with more BoF. Gimme all you got, Capcom!

Also, I assume we'll see "Last Story" in action. Mistwalker  probably isn't big enough to warrant their own show, but Nintendo could present it as a blockbuster RPG for the Wii.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I look forward to mainly the Nintendo section, and the one thing from Sony, the final or more set date for Last Guardian.  Oh and videos of Maijin and the Forbidden Kingdom.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Well, this thread is off to a slow start. XD

Fear not though, here's a good and recent article for those interested, Nintendo expects to sell 5 million 3DS' by March 2011, hinting that the Big N will in fact have this out in two or more territories by then. Also of note in this article is a comment made about how this show aims to show off in the grandest way possible that gaming will always be a huge thing and can only get better from here.

EDIT: Epic whoops! XD

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Stuff I'm awaiting, most of all? ANY and ALL unnanounced titles. Other than that...

- More details, payment and release date on DC Universe Online
- inFamous 2, and whatever Naughty Dog's been up to lately
- Metal Gear Rising, give me some details, we've been without any for a whole year
- New Platinum Games announcement, as well as details on Vanquish
- Whatever new stuff Sega's doing, preferably a Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing 2 (first was and is miles better than Mario Kart).

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Welp guys, we might have to man our e-fallout shelters if this next development from Square Enix is true. Yoichi Wada is heavily considering making a 360 version of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. (I say heavily since that's the only kind of word that can be used to describe his thoughts on considering this all the way up to the day of the E3 presentation itself.) Of course you know, [parasitic bomb] just got real as the internet and "those" kinds of gaming fans have already started the preemptive warring. XD

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Not bad unless they decide to tone one version down by cutting content or something. I'm still sceptical about this. I guess E3 will reveal more.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Not bad unless they decide to tone one version down by cutting content or something. I'm still sceptical about this. I guess E3 will reveal more.

I dunno. I think duckroll on GAF boiled down what could be a very real prospect for how they want to get that accomplished.

It goes without saying Nomura and his team likely have their hands full as it is, trying to get their build of the game, for PS3, done. Forcing the responsibility of trying to make a 360 port on them, as well, is likely out of the question.

HOWEVER! There's nothing that says that Wada couldn't just get some people at TOSE on the job of porting over the game. And since FFXIII 360 sold well, in spite of the game being in sub-HD (among things), it more than likely means that TOSE port of Versus could likely do a lot of the same things.

Any way, I don't give two shits about Versus, at this point in time. I'm much more interested in that Japanese copyright information for TACTICS OGRE that was found recently. A re-release of the game on PSN and/or VC? Matsuno FINALLY being able to come back to his baby? That's the kind of stuff I'd like to hear! 

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Ever since FFXIII got a 360 port, I knew Versus would get one eventually. It was just a matter of time.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Ever since FFXIII got a 360 port, I knew Versus would get one eventually. It was just a matter of time.

You know, it's funny. I thought that this was such a forgone conclusion that when it was actually even mentioned I was there thinking "derp". You wouldn't believe how many forumers and other folks came out of the woodwork to chime in and figuratively abandon/die with the ship once the initial post was made on other venues. XD

Offline Fariator

• Freelancer.
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
GoldenSunDSreleasedatekthxbai.

For six years I waited for the announcement, and I almost literally got a heart attack when I was watching the last year's E3 through live stream with a buddy (who also happens to be a Golden Sun fan). I'll get that game as soon as possible no matter what. May even buy it when it's released in Japan to just satisfy my needs till the American/European release.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
I think we're gonna get along just fine, Fariator. ^_^