The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 726283

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3100 on: October 15, 2012, 10:45:05 PM
Everybody gets multiple attacks in FF1. Or at least, my Fighter, Red Mage, and Monk all do, and I'm like just shy of level 10.

My main level is 50-60 and my Job level is 96. I have all Red Mages and they hit about 20-30 times each. I have to say, getting the Ultima Weapon was a lot easier than I would have expected.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #3101 on: October 15, 2012, 11:37:00 PM
As for me?  Dragon Warrior I & II for the Game Boy Color.  Yes, specifically the US version.  It's an RPG.  I kind of need to be able to read the text.  :B
Oh, I play it too! Sometimes. I finished I, now I'm near the end of II.
The map in II is made of [parasitic bomb], I always get lost.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #3102 on: October 16, 2012, 12:29:24 AM
A Droll draws near!

I like how those games apologize when they delete your data.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3103 on: October 16, 2012, 06:57:29 AM
Well just played Code of Princess online, that was fun. A bit laggy, but tolerable.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3104 on: October 19, 2012, 11:24:02 PM
Finally on my hands on Blazblue CS:E Fun stuff. Now if only I was any good at Fighting games. I LIKE fighting games, but I can't say i was ever any good at those that are not simply mindless buttomashers. (Like TvC. Im good at that)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3105 on: October 19, 2012, 11:33:02 PM
Borderlands 2.

I bought the 1st one for about $7 a while back and never got around to it. Then last week my friend suddenly buys me this one, so I've felt some obligation to actually give it a run through. I've been having a good time. Coming off my typical Quake style of shooters, I'm glad my utter disregard for cover does not make the game much harder. Been buffing all my regenerating stats to make rushes even easier for the matter. I think one of my favourite things so far is the default vehicle for its infinite ammo, crazy fast healing and awesome powerslides/drift. Also igniting people's heads with a sniper rifle is rather satisfying.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3106 on: October 20, 2012, 12:19:31 AM
Ace Attorney, after all these years I finally get a chance to play it.

Man this is some good [parasitic bomb].

Also dabbling with Doom 3 BFG edition. If you can get the resolution fixed in Doom 3 and own the original two already don't bother, they made Doom 3 Easier, the Graphics have been dumbed down (This is a 2004 PC game why can't the Xbox 360 and PS3 handle it for shits sake, and why did you [tornado fang] up the PC version too?), Doom and Doom II have had a few graphical modifications. No more Red Crosses on the Medpacks because some people are butthurt about their logo being used like that. And all Wolfenstein/Nazi stuff in II has been removed, The stages have been gutted of their Hitlers and Swastikas, its almost like playing SNES Wolf, they even took the music out and renamed the maps to IDKFA and Keen, not just that but said code along with all the other codes don't work anymore, the Console has been removed from D3 along with any mod support.

If you don't own the game and have a PC worth its salt, get the original games as they're cheaper, some source ports, and if you really want to play "No Rest for the Living" (The new Doom II mappack, though it might have been in the XBLA release, I don't know.) Its probably online somewhere. If you don't and only own the consoles, pick it up, its only $30. If you're like me and own the original games on PC, its up to you whether you want to spend $20 on essentially a new episode of Doom 3. (I say $20 because if you own Doom 3 already its got a discount on Steam.)

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #3107 on: October 20, 2012, 04:59:29 AM
Yeah, it was in the XBLA release. I've had the WAD file of the new campaign from it since then.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3108 on: October 20, 2012, 05:33:37 AM
Never 7. Has the same script writer from 999, one of the greatest DS games I've ever played. I'm having a problem getting the BGM to work, but everything else seems to be functional. After I'm done with this visual novel, I'll move on to Ever 17 and Remember 11.

Also finished The Walking Dead episode 4 yesterday. Telltale knows how to make a damn compelling game.

Ace Attorney, after all these years I finally get a chance to play it.

Man this is some good [parasitic bomb].

*brofist*

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #3109 on: October 20, 2012, 06:10:18 AM
A good number of Rockman hacks, since ~Freudenstachel~ got me into a Rockman phase.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3110 on: October 20, 2012, 07:13:17 AM
No more Red Crosses on the Medpacks because some people are butthurt about their logo being used like that. And all Wolfenstein/Nazi stuff in II has been removed, The stages have been gutted of their Hitlers and Swastikas, its almost like playing SNES Wolf
[tornado fang] you Europe. Way to go. If I had my way there wouldn't be a Europe to go on and on about sensitivity.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3111 on: October 20, 2012, 07:41:24 AM
^ If I had my way there wouldn't be insensitive redneck pricks like you.
Just saying.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3112 on: October 20, 2012, 08:40:20 AM
Just saying.
yeah i'm with you there, that was a rather insensitive comment for him to make

just another in a long line of them

umm... still Black 2, but I'm gonna mix in some Layton and the Last Specter; should beat that before Miracle Mask releases.

also a few weeks 'til Paper Mario. so excite!!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3113 on: October 20, 2012, 09:00:55 AM
[tornado fang] you Europe. Way to go. If I had my way there wouldn't be a Europe to go on and on about sensitivity.
U MAD?
You really seem mad.

You speak as if Murrica never censored anything.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3114 on: October 20, 2012, 09:17:31 AM
OMG Ladd, stop making all those totally, 100% serious controversial comments like that or you're gonna get banned for liiiiife.  :o

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3115 on: October 20, 2012, 12:52:56 PM
Hey, let's get back to topic, huh.
I'm still chugging through the first Borderlands, almost out of level of my amazing Combustive HellFire SMG. Piling on the guaranteed Burning damage is still pretty useful though.
Aside from that, I'm working on Pokemon Dream Radar (until I eventually get my copy of White 2) and also getting extremely frustrated at the drop gauge system in Kingdom Hearts 3D again after not playing it since launch week.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3116 on: October 21, 2012, 02:56:32 AM
I played a little game produced by Epic Megagames and designed by Stone Interactive last night.  A little game for MS-DOS called "Solar Winds, Episode 1: The Escape."

If you're familiar with Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters, it plays like an extremely watered-down version of that, being limited to exploration and combat only with only one single ship at your disposal.  Despite the fact it's practically impossible to lose once you figure out the AI is dumb as a post, and the fact it's extremely linear, it's a fun little game and some great interactions and absolutely awesome music by the legendary Dan Froelich. (He did the music for a number of Epic's games back then, including Jill of the Jungle and Kiloblaster!)

I plan to play Episode 2, The Universe in the near future.  I played a little last night, and it seems just as fun as the first game with even better music!

Posted on: 2012-10-20, 18:08:11
T_T  The personality test at the beginning of Dragon Quest III (Super Famicom version, translated by Dragon Quest Translations) made me cry.

After patching the ROM so it was in English, I decided to mess around with the game.  There was a mandatory personality test.  After answering a series of questions honestly and fleeing from the town I was supposed to destroy as a monster, hurting only one townsperson in the process (only because he wouldn't leave me alone or let me go), this is what I got:
You are a kind but strong person, which are both qualities of a true hero.  You have a strong personality, but you supress it.  Besides that, you are very sympathetic, and relate to other peoples feelings.  You always put everyone before yourself.  Your passions have no end, and you are never discouraged.  Everyone has trust in you.  And you never lose that trust.  You are an excellent person.  Even when you act your worst.  You are still pretty incredible.  I have full faith in you.
Enix, why did you have to go and make me cry?  T_T

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3117 on: October 21, 2012, 03:05:35 AM
Just saying.
Sensitivity is the bane of free speech. For all worthwhile ideas to emerge, even the morons must have the right to be heard. That's why those that defend the right defend even the stupid [parasitic bomb], like that Islam video that "caused" the embassy "riot".

U MAD?
You really seem mad.

You speak as if Murrica never censored anything.
Hey, I can still buy The Anarchist's Cookbook here. And they shouldn't. Anyone who would support censorship is an enemy of free men.

OMG Ladd, stop making all those totally, 100% serious controversial comments like that or you're gonna get banned for liiiiife.  :o
Joseph gets it. :D

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3118 on: October 21, 2012, 03:29:24 AM
Jeez I understand that sometimes people can be overly sensitive to an annoying extent *looks at Persona 2 Innocent Sin* but saying an entire continent shouldn't exist because of it is definitely crossing the line.

Anyway currently playing Lufia 2, I really miss those old games.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3119 on: October 21, 2012, 03:40:37 AM
It's OK. When the ice caps melt, most of it won't anyway, and it will have nothing to do with sensitivity. Antarctica is soon to be the world's most important continent.

But seriously. Germany runs around and bans any instance of a swastika because they're afraid of their own past. The UK bans books. That's a telltale sign of fascism, even if ever so slight. It's only a problem when opinions become forced. Not that there aren't much worse places, like full-on fascist states and what have you.

P.S. I wasn't being serious anyway. The serious answer is to make all the continents into space colonies and hold Gundam Fights.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3120 on: October 22, 2012, 05:33:08 AM
I just beat my early sequence breaking record in Metroid Prime 2. Skipped losing the intro items + got the early Power Bomb expansion out of bounds in 15 minutes. My previous best was 32 (and before that, 3 HOURS and some change!).

Also still playing RE6, now on Pro difficulty. Not nearly as tough as RE4's Pro, or as frustrating as 5's in my book.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3121 on: October 22, 2012, 07:19:54 AM
Skipped losing the intro items
WHAT

Samus can regain her footing and not trip?

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3122 on: October 22, 2012, 02:02:57 PM
http://youtu.be/yIH76tIwlDo

Basically, you can skip the cutscene where she loses all the intro items, allowing you to start the game with Missiles, Bombs, Space Jump, Boost Ball and Spider. It's really fun to have all those early items and do stuff out of order.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3123 on: October 23, 2012, 01:19:43 AM
Maybe I'll actually play this now. I'll probably hate myself partway through like every time I let the graphics trick me, but we'll see. Is this 2 you said?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3124 on: October 23, 2012, 02:19:55 AM
Jet Set Radio.

please jump that way, no don't do that, why is there no "reset mission" button?