which armors of X u should want to use?

rock_volnutt2010 · 10674

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 11:09:43 PM
I liked the fact that X2's buster let you combo the shots one after another. I hated that X3 took that out. Props to ZX for bringing back the buster comboing.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 11:19:58 PM
i would say that gold armor breaks the entire series but the OP got banned so there's no point B)

squemp

Offline MrLeviRatX

• Awesome Maverick Hunter
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 02:08:59 AM
yeah i like the gold armor's double air dashes, those and the healing were awesome

HADOUKEN!!!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 03:45:50 AM
I gotta say x2's armor is the best, i would say x3 but i hate that freaking buster  >8|
As far as I know, EVERYONE hates the X3 buster.  Something is terribly wrong when I of all people (hardcore completionist) enjoy armorless X3 runs more than normal play.  The only thing that pile of crap is good for is saber waves, previously the only way the player could ever do that.  Thankfully Inticreates gave us Throw Blade and Shinkuujin.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 04:03:14 AM
Personally I like X3's buster... I find it good for wiping out enemies, its strong, just not fast.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 03:38:56 PM
Of course, the problem with that is that the one enemy you regularly encounter with enough health to make the combo shot useful will completely block all large attacks from the front (that 2x-spiked ball bot), so...

It comes in handy sometimes, but it's unnecessarily slow and unwieldy. If it had moved at constant but half of normal shot speed, and instantly transformed into the combo shot moving at max speed rather than that 1-second animation followed by starting from 0 velocity, it would've been more impressive AND useful.

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
Reply #31 on: April 24, 2011, 07:13:31 PM
Pardon the thread necromancy, but I want to say my input of my favorite armor to use on X.

I like using the Neutral Armor for X for both looks and abilities.  

For the looks, the white boots look excellent, but would be better without the black line streaks.  The mouth cover is alright, but could have improved if it was similar to Casshern's.

For the abilities, I like most of parts.  I like these combinations:

Head parts H, Body Parts I, No Buster Parts, Foot Parts I.  With these, I have X shoot huge buster shots in a very short amount of time.  I can also use the high jump abilities in various situations.  Here is an example from a video I uploaded in my current YouTube channel:

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI86smfErbs[/spoiler]

Head parts I, Body Parts I, Buster Parts I, Foot Parts H,  For this combination, I can use the power and defense of the I parts and the speed of Foot Parts H.  It makes X a beast.  I don't usually pair Buster Parts I with Head Parts H because I have more control of whether X uses a half-charged or a full-charged shot.  Here is an example from a video I uploaded into my previous YouTube channel, although I still upload videos in this channel every now and then:

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc-aV2EBu-U[/spoiler]

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission

Offline Cyberpunk

• Mad Gunner
  • Net Navi
  • Almost... there...
    • View Profile
    • Lunaar Corp
Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 04:51:53 AM
I'm gonna have to go with the Blade Armor. Why? In concept, it should've had the most powerful weapon in all existence. Too bad we got a horrible toy knock-off to use in-game.

The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules.