Would Repliforce had worked out?

Waifu · 2728

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
on: August 03, 2011, 02:00:19 AM
I realize that outside this forum, a lot fans despise Repliforce for the whole debacle with the Repliforce War. If they had only disarmed and talked things out, the whole thing would had been avoided but they were bound by their honor and the Colonel's propaganda worsen things. I wonder do you Repliforce would had worked out?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 02:18:46 AM
Something went amiss, but during Sigma's meeting the virus itself must've carried over to the General himself, therefore came into contact to the rest of the Repliforce, succumbing them all to the Sigma Virus, with Iris being last (Dragoon only triggered the Sky Lagoon incident to frame the repliforce as such as Mavericks after Sigma gave the orders right after the meeting).

Speaking of which, Iris p/much dealt the most mental damage to Zero. Double was a spy from the very beginning, however, and was just yer oridinary Mav.

I don't recall every fan hatin' on the repliforce, but it could be just me. If the Sigma/General meeting never happened, then the Repliforce would've been the military to the Maverick Hunter Police Force.

If they were to disarm and negotiate, Sigma would've been found out waay earlier and would have dispatched X and Zero yet again anyway to take him out before damage was done.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 02:49:12 AM
I thought Repliforce was cool. Shame its only major role was in X4.

They could have been a big player in Command Mission.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 03:27:00 AM
I presonally liked repliforce but I hatedthat they were disbanded afterwards.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 03:40:32 AM
The Repliforce war was the result of Honor to the point of stupidity, and bad judgment. General played right into Sigma's hands. never suspecting his words of "you will change your mind soon"

Now I think Zan/Hyper have suggested before the idea of the Virus POSSIBLY being at play, not in the conventional "make you go nuts" sense, but in the subtle, manipulate your heart and cloud your judgement way.

In any case, its nice to know that they werent entirely wiped out. (dont think so at least) Repliforce Air was still around in X5, and Repliforce Marine was around up till some point too if Neo Arcadia still had a Repliforce Ship in Zero 1.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 02:58:09 AM
I am sure about the others but both Cyber Peacock and Split Mushroom were evil of their own volition.  Magma Dragoon wanted to fight X and needed power so he made had made a "deal with the devil" with so to speak to get his wish. The toehr Repliforce soldiers were only following orders as far as I can tell.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 03:35:45 AM
Peacock and Mushroom were Sigma's agents.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 04:03:43 AM
Peacock and Mushroom were Sigma's agents.

That may be but not all the bosses in X4 were allied with Repliforce.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 04:13:11 AM
The ones that had a Repliforce logo on their health bar, were Repliforce. the others, had Sigma's logo. Mushroom was under orders to terminate X/Zero. when asked by who, he answers "take a wild guess".

And Peacock was tasked with analyzing X's performance. Which brought up the infinite potential lampshade "His potential is limitless..? Not possible."

Frost Walrus, Slash Beast, Storm Owl, Jet Stingray, Web Spider, were all repliforce. (although I think Spider is a defected Hunter) Cyber Peacock, Split Mushroom, Magma Dragoon, and Double, are Sigma's agents, which serve only to further the turmoil. Dragoon by starting it, the other two by playing along, and Double by keeping an eye on the Hunters actions.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 10:50:21 PM
Web Spider was a Hunter, but I'm not sure he "defected" so much as "transferred".  Servbot20's collected sourcebook info claims that Web Spider was involved in multiple Repliforce campaigns before being assigned to defending the jungle weapon.  If that's the case, then he was with Repliforce well before the coup.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)