Official Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Specs, Tech, Price? It's all here!

Emiri Landeel · 258609

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
TOKYO (MarketWatch) -- Shares of Nintendo Co. /quotes/comstock/!7974 (JP:7974 27,970, +70.00, +0.25%) /quotes/comstock/11i!ntdof (NTDOF 316.50, +12.84, +4.23%) soared 10.1% in Tokyo trading Wednesday morning, after the company said late Tuesday that it will launch a DS handheld-game console that allows players to use three-dimensional games without wearing special glasses. The model will be relealsed sometime in the new business year, which begins in April. Shares of rival game-console maker Sony Corp. /quotes/comstock/13*!sne/quotes/nls/sne (SNE 40.44, +1.60, +4.12%) /quotes/comstock/!6758 (JP:6758 3,645, +125.00, +3.55%) slipped 0.8%, while the Nikkei 225 Stock Average was up 0.9%.

- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390930&page=74

See? Now even Nintendo's shares have gone up since this announcement! (Expected, since they're sheep minded, but whatever).

Dunno how much more proof you need than that this is very real.

3-D New Super Mario RPG, Ben?

Ya know, part of me could see that happening, if only because Square Enix knows it could use an easy way to get at the upcoming 3DS fan base, in a way that an original or remake FF game couldn't hope to do.

It wouldn't be a platformer, exactly, but it WOULD still be a Mario game launching with the platform. And for both Ninty and Squeenix, that could be all that matters.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Ya know, part of me could see that happening, if only because Square Enix knows it could use an easy way to get at the upcoming 3DS fan base, in a way that an original or remake FF game couldn't hope to do.

It wouldn't be a platformer, exactly, but it WOULD still be a Mario game launching with the platform. And for both Ninty and Squeenix, that could be all that matters.

I can see it happening simply because it's what we in the biz refer to as "A Super Mariofuckin' System Seller!"   8D

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
I can see it happening simply because it's what we in the biz refer to as "A Super Mariofuckin' System Seller!"   8D

Well, that too, of course.

On the other hand, as some one said on NeoGAF: "New Super Mario Bros 3DS" works on so many levels for it to NOT be in the oven. Of course, that would assume that they stick with "3DS"...  -u-'

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Granted, it's a Nintendo handheld system, so it probably doesn't even need any help selling itself.  But I'm sure Ninty has something in mind.  Like someone said earlier in the thread, a 5th Gen 3-D Pokemon game would be pretty 3-Delicious.   8D

Ooooooh, 3-D Cyndaquil........  0v0

You know, if they can actually pull the 3-D without glasses thing off, I think it'd work a lot better than making a Wii Thrii-D system, since it's going to be a while before 3-D TV's infiltrate homes.

Offline DjKlzonez

• B-Class Hunter
  • Once a year
    • View Profile
But that's my forte, HyShell.  To raise your hopes, your dreams, and your imagination with endless and awesome possibilities!   8D
And Nintendo's forte is crushing them to pieces, giving you 10 mario party's in 3D >BD

Steam       Youtube

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Granted, it's a Nintendo handheld system, so it probably doesn't even need any help selling itself.  But I'm sure Ninty has something in mind.  Like someone said earlier in the thread, a 5th Gen 3-D Pokemon game would be pretty 3-Delicious.   8D

Frankly, that's the LEAST of what I'm expecting. New Pokemon game, just in time to be marketed with a new machine to play it on. The fact that we now have this new console confirmed, plus the notion that it is CONFIRMED to be backwards compatible with the DS?

Nintendo would own Japan this Winter Holiday season with Pokemon alone, effectively. This is just like dropping several megaton bombs at once!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Frankly, that's the LEAST of what I'm expecting. New Pokemon game, just in time to be marketed with a new machine to play it on. The fact that we now have this new console confirmed, plus the notion that it is CONFIRMED to be backwards compatible with the DS?

Nintendo would own Japan this Winter Holiday season with Pokemon alone, effectively. This is just like dropping several megaton bombs at once!

I believe the Jericho Missile in Iron Man would be more appropriate!  Get your Neo-GAFers to make that Gif!   8)

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile

It prints money 3D!!!

Coming soon this summer 8D

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
 XD

There are days I love the internet.

Offline Ike-Mike

• Protoman: "Nein!"
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Of course, on the other hand, some other select parties have been relatively quiet as of late. IntelSys and even Square Enix have not really shown their hands. Maybe either of them could be a part of this particular mix...?
Oh goddammit.

I don't want to buy a new console already just to enjoy the newest Fire Emblem! Not yet, at least.

Offline DjKlzonez

• B-Class Hunter
  • Once a year
    • View Profile
My thoughts about this console:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3n0vBcW5fc[/youtube]

Steam       Youtube

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Hmmm, don't want.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
http://kotaku.com/5503312/nintendos-new-ds-will-still-force-you-to-re+buy-your-digital-games

I just sent NOA a fairly scathing e-mail.

Thankfully, they can remedy this by doing rights transfers by linking the 3DS shop to My Nintendo accounts.

Of course, now I'm EXTREMELY concerned about the Wii successor having VC transfers or even bloody online play.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile

I for one would enjoy a 3D version of Paper Mario. The doubly ironic 2D paper in a 3D 3D game would be hilarious.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
http://kotaku.com/5503312/nintendos-new-ds-will-still-force-you-to-re+buy-your-digital-games

I just sent NOA a fairly scathing e-mail.

Thankfully, they can remedy this by doing rights transfers by linking the 3DS shop to My Nintendo accounts.

Of course, now I'm EXTREMELY concerned about the Wii successor having VC transfers or even bloody online play.
That article doesn't discuss the 3DS, it's referring to DSi-to-DSiXL.  Now, honestly, besides your EXTREMELY hardcore collectors, nobody should be buying both a DSi and a DSiXL.  They're the exact same thing in different sizes.

Nevertheless, Nintendo's iron-grip policies aren't always pleasant.  It does suck that should you for any reason need a system replacement (say, broken screen), you're completely F*@#!ed in the DLC department without sending your system into Nintendo's workshop or whatever.  This is why I hated the whole "selling license, not selling the game" crap since the first moment I saw it in the terms of service.  Hopefully, though, they will have enough common sense to allow some manner of transfer to a true successor (the rep did say they were looking into it, so they are aware).  They've got a little under a year to figure something out for 3DS.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Wow, they set up the rights that way? Didn't think the XL would be able to tell your stuff apart if you linked to your My Nintendo account.

And if these can't even transfer to the XL, that still begs the question, will these titles even be able to transfer to the 3DS?

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
The reason you can't transfer to the XL is that the pixels are bigger and require more licensing costs. Nintendo is nice though. The exchange rate for DS XL Shop Points is calculated so they cost the same in real monies, but an ovrsite prevents a free transfer.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
The reason you can't transfer to the XL is that the pixels are bigger and require more licensing costs.
...what?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
I was going to say something about that too, but that might've been sarcasm.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
People, shut up and listen, here I have leaked footage of the new 3DS, it comes in a brand new color, one all you youngins are crazy about
Cardboard brown. and to stop the environmentalists from stalking nintendo executives front yards, part of it is made out of cardboard! This will surely be the greatest leap in hand held gaming for the decade!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkgMUk_5p2A&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
And this baby also uses 0, that's right, 0 electricity!
And once more, its 20 bucks.

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Well, I'll be looking forward to this.  8)

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
This is something I'll have to keep my eye on..

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
lol that's 3D alright. XD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Late April Fools.  Nice render, but jaggy edges (most obvious when the screen is dark) give it away, as does the general ergonomic nightmare of the L/R buttons.