VixyNyan · 12541

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
on: February 19, 2010, 05:18:28 PM
IGN has put up their own preview of Mega Man well in time before the game will come out in March, along with 5 new video clips to prepare everyone for the new challenge ahead.

A few things to mention from their preview and video coverage:

- All robot masters are showing up on the Boss Intro screen, and the one that's picked will jump down to the center with their own animated pose and gesture.

- There are Met Slug enemies that will crawl around and hide in their helmets (as long as they like) until they feel like firing purple bullets that sticks on to you and make it a bit harder for you to start walking/running (almost like you're skid-walking).

- The ice blocks on Chill Man's stage can be shot or jumped on. Just step on them twice and they will break. This will leave you thinking what path to take further in the stage, where you will also find lots of spikes to avoid.

- The mid-boss in Blade Man's stage can be taken care of by waiting for green platforms that launches from the center of the fortress, jump on them and then shoot the eyes on the left and right side of the fortress. Take care of the eyes in the center first for an easier fight.

- It's safe to say that you should be patient enough to walk on the conveyor belts on Sheep Man's stage long enough to make sure the little dots in the flip platforms are filled up completely. Then you get more time to jump on them and get further in the stage.

- It's been mentioned that the Time Attack Mode shows 8 extra stages besides the 8 Robot Master stages, which could mean there are either more Castle stages than before, DLC stages, or both.

- There are 88 specially-designed challenges in the game compared to Mega Man 9's 50 challenges. This might include the Gold and Silver challenges shown on the Tutorial screens from the past news at Capcom Unity.

- If you have been wondering about Sheep Man's and Commando Man's stage themes in the past, you could very clearly hear them before in Capcom's Rockman Birthday Live Webcast last year. If you're still unsure, you can now hear Sheep Man's stage theme even more clear on IGN's new video coverage.

- Capcom Unity has shown the Intro to the game before in the CES 2010 event a while back, but now you can see it fully in IGN's video coverage.

Click here to read the preview of the game, and go down a bit to watch the new video clips.

Heavy Rain
Download LQ | Download HQ
http://www.rockmanpm.com/player/player.swf?file=http://video.rockmanpm.com/ign/megaman10_gmp_heavyrain_21810_flvlowwide.flv

Iceman Cometh
http://www.rockmanpm.com/player/player.swf?file=http://video.rockmanpm.com/ign/megaman10_gmp_iceman_cometh_21810_flvlowwide.flv

Jumping Crazies
http://www.rockmanpm.com/player/player.swf?file=http://video.rockmanpm.com/ign/megaman10_gmp_jumpingcrazies_21810_flvlowwide.flv

Lights On
http://www.rockmanpm.com/player/player.swf?file=http://video.rockmanpm.com/ign/megaman10_gmp_lights_on_21810_flvlowwide.flv

The Intro
http://www.rockmanpm.com/player/player.swf?file=http://video.rockmanpm.com/ign/megaman10_gmp_the_intro_21810_flvlowwide.flv

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 05:32:04 PM
At least Wily looked sincere this time. 8D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 05:35:18 PM
He just happened to be flying in saucer , thinking nothing bad and being attacked

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 05:42:01 PM
Precisely! Those demented robots!

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 05:45:16 PM
See? Humans are too lazy to do even simple tasks in the future without a robot to show where his arm goes. The future looks helpless.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 05:50:29 PM
I'm surprised we didn't see Roll attacking anyone; it'd be interesting if she ended up being a boss or something.  Wily's story actually seems legit for once, although I wouldn't be surprised if he double-crosses you or anything.  That title screen looks pretty nice, BTW.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 06:24:08 PM
Chill Man's stage was basic, and very MM4-esque. I like it. And the enemies were quite tricky, too!

LOL, the Shrimp Bots from 2! Superhero mode's going to be a BEAST.

Midbosses...they will be difficult, but I think it's just a matter of using one specific pattern of attack only. Once you find that, it's over. Still, they pose as much threat as some of the series' easier Robot Masters.

Pump Man's stage music was good; I'm actually hopeful for the other songs, now!

Very, very well done. The game's already worth the price of admission and then a little more. Now we wait for the third character and whether or not we fight Roll. Also, Wily's machine and songs.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 06:52:49 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't like the the music in Mega Man 10 so far (aside from Strike Man and that mystery theme that played in the first trailer)? It sounds like something you'd hear from a fangame. It doesn't have the same feel as the music from the past Classic Mega Man games.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 06:57:01 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't like the the music in Mega Man 10 so far (aside from Strike Man and that mystery theme that played in the first trailer)? It sounds like something you'd hear from a fangame. It doesn't have the same feel as the music from the past Classic Mega Man games.

They bear more resemblance to 4, 5, 6, and V.

They're still very much in line, they just took the VERY derivative twist. But still manage to be good, unlike some of MM's more deranged tracks from 5 and 6.
NOTE: I'm not counting 7 or 8 'cause they're not 8-Bit. Don't get me started on 8.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 06:59:30 PM
Which of those tracks from 5 and 6 do you consider deranged? I actually liked the music from both of those games.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 07:34:06 PM
I wonder if this game will have two castles again. Or extra stages like the Doc Robot stuff.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 07:35:32 PM
Well, I've already seen these videos from some random YouTube user, but my head is getting closer to exploding from a kickass overload every time I watch this. Like the Golden Crisp Bear says, "Can't get enough of that!" owob

I'm skeptical about the Doc Robot tidbit, though.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 07:40:05 PM
88 challenges eh? sweet.

I wonder how much I can get~

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 07:43:11 PM
Also, two castles are better than one... if you want to prolong gameplay and have fun getting your ass kicked repeatedly, like me...

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 07:43:27 PM
I'm skeptical about the Doc Robot tidbit, though.

Well it doesn't have to be related to the Doc Robots. Just extra stages.... you know? Like the second castle in MM4, MM5 and MM6

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 07:46:56 PM
Or six stages, one castle. I'm still speculating my ass off. In my mind, that is. I don't know.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 07:57:25 PM
Haven't watched the videos, but so far I'm digging the music!  Can't wait for more Playable Blues.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 07:59:57 PM
Well, atleast they made the story more believable this time than they did in 9...

Pump Man's stage reminds me of Toxic Seahorse's stage from X3.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 08:51:03 PM
Which of those tracks from 5 and 6 do you consider deranged? I actually liked the music from both of those games.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_yvkS5qpsY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OTi1k4v8Yg&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdqb73IKcHw&feature=related[/youtube]

There's one similarly out-there song in 10, but we don't know which one it is yet, iirc. It was in that pack of 5 we can download.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 09:04:20 PM
The soundeffect when picking up bolts is the same soundeffect when you pick up ingredients for alchemy in Secret of Evermore. /nerd

Offline Elpis TK31

• I WANT IT NAO
  • Robot Master
  • BOOBLIGHTS OR GTFO
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 10:54:47 PM
Gravityman's music deranged?

it's one of the most original stage bgms in the NES MM era (and one of my personal favorites)

As for 10's music so far, it sounds good, Pump it up mans theme sounds very fitting, Chill mans somehow reminds me of Starforce2 and Blademan is just downright godlike

RMZX E/53'39 N/57'27 H/1:02'01
When life is boring, knife some cows in RE4, it's hilarious!

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 11:42:55 PM
I'm actually not so excited about the music so much, it's missing something from all the tracks I've heard up to this point.
Pump Man's stage is the only theme I mildly enjoy'd.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 12:36:32 AM
I'm just as excited as anyone else here. Considering US gets it first due to Nintendo's Wiiware release always on Mondays (with Japan being second, and Europe being third). Which is why I am waiting anxiously, and willing to broadcast the game live on my justin.tv account on Monday. It's going to be AWESOME! :D

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 12:40:40 AM
I'll have to watch a live stream, since I won't get a chance to play it myself.

Offline DjKlzonez

• B-Class Hunter
  • Once a year
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 12:51:06 AM
Chill mans somehow reminds me of Starforce2
Once the OST is released, someone should remix his theme with StarForce 2 (or similar) instruments.

Steam       Youtube