Rockman Zero Collection Official Website goes live!!

kosmos · 52523

Offline blackbeltdude

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: January 17, 2010, 08:25:02 PM
I remember it being Okaeri.

blackbeltdude: To my knowledge, there is no "voice acting" in the Zero games aside from the examples listed. It's not like the games' entire scripts were dubbed, that would never fit on a GBA. So in that sense, not much has been cut from the overseas releases at all in terms of acting. Any grunts and battle cries that were there originally weren't taken out.

Ah, I think the remixed OSTs must have confused me then (since they had speaking tracks). :P

Nope. Especially following the Akihabara incident two years ago, violence and gore related censorship has gotten a lot stiffer in recent years. Sega and Platinum Games' MadWorld wasn't even allowed to be released in Japan without a CERO rating of Z (the equivalent of "Adults Only").

And even in cases where blood existed in some series before hand (say, fighting games like Samurai Spirits/Shodown and Guilty Gear), the blood was taken out in future releases in Japan.

So, for a shounen level franchise like Rockman, I think it goes without saying that the "blood" will likely be taken out, or recolored. Or else, Capcom will have to settle for a higher rating because the Japanese censors just won't go for anything less than a "CERO B".

That's what it looks like for Japan. Assuming this game does come over here, that's up to CoA to decide how they localize it.

Ah, that's interesting. I thought you were talking about the Rapelay controversy before (I don't actually recall the Akihabara incident). Given all of that, I could see them adjusting the graphics for the Japanese territory (which kind of explains the yellow in ZX).

However, the blood effects could actually make the game sell BETTER in America. So it's possible Japan might not get it this time, but we could (wouldn't be the first time America got a version of a game with blood, while Japan didn't).

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: January 17, 2010, 08:54:17 PM
Ah, I think the remixed OSTs must have confused me then (since they had speaking tracks). Tongue

Can I get a facepalm image?

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: January 17, 2010, 08:56:02 PM

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: January 17, 2010, 08:59:09 PM
Ah, that's interesting. I thought you were talking about the Rapelay controversy before (I don't actually recall the Akihabara incident). Given all of that, I could see them adjusting the graphics for the Japanese territory (which kind of explains the yellow in ZX).

However, the blood effects could actually make the game sell BETTER in America. So it's possible Japan might not get it this time, but we could (wouldn't be the first time America got a version of a game with blood, while Japan didn't).

The Akihabara incident, with "Suspect Kato", was a pretty volatile topic back in 08. Definitely sad, too. Go look it up, if you haven't, as it's at least a good means to understand why censorship is as hard in Japan as it is now.

But any way, again, I doubt very seriously that putting "juice" in a Rockman or Mega Man title will be that big of a selling point. The "God of War" crowd that makes up a sizable part of the American audience won't care. The people who already have played/owned the titles will also be more likely to be nonplussed by the idea. And Capcom would have to settle for at least a "T" rating, because the ESRB wouldn't tolerate anything else for such a display of "violence". That would do more to limit the audience that they can market this game towards, and why would they want that kind of handicap on possible sales numbers?  8D

Offline Zx

• You're already dead
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Come and fight!"
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: January 17, 2010, 09:01:54 PM
A gallery mode would be boring, like Z2.

"Di Mant de Vongole Primo!"

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #155 on: January 17, 2010, 09:08:41 PM
You would think that the "splatter" effect needn't require a T if they can convince the ESRB that robots (and boxes...) don't actually bleed.  But then that's still inviting PR issues from ignorant masses.  Again, I'm sure recoloring ZX-style would suffice.  The only reason to remove it outright is if CoA gets overly strict with copying the previous localization effort.

I don't really care how "mature" the game is, it's just nice to have that little extra bit of eye candy.  Zero series has pretty sucky effects graphics as it is, an extra bell or two wouldn't hurt it.

...While this would be nice, I liked how the game scolded people for sucking by bestowing upon them a horrid rank.
So if you've unlocked Z2's Ultimate Form, you officially suck beyond redemption?

If you ask me, that screenshot looks like it could be from the prerelease ZERO1...
My thoughts exactly.  There was a similar issue with the DS Sonic Collection, with Sonic being in an S&K Knuckles screenshot.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: January 17, 2010, 09:42:24 PM
A Gallery mode? That's terrible... We already have almost all the Zero art very readily available on even Google. I would much prefer something like, say... Arranged music for the games, or that boss rush mode. Hell, even optional rank and touch screen weapon switching sounds better.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: January 17, 2010, 09:51:24 PM
So if you've unlocked Z2's Ultimate Form, you officially suck beyond redemption?

I think that's only if you weren't trying to.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #158 on: January 17, 2010, 10:10:37 PM
Play mechanics don't make such distinctions.

Besides, that would only make sense if you got the Elves automatically, which you don't.  I don't think anyone scored 100% collection without actually trying to.  And even if they did, some E-Crystal farming is in order (granted not nearly as bad as Z1).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #159 on: January 17, 2010, 10:13:16 PM
Oh yea, guess what?

Rockman Zero flagjp 2002.04.26 (GBA) [AGB-ARZJ-JPN]
Rockman Zero 2 flagjp 2003.05.02 (GBA) [AGB-A62J-JPN]
Rockman Zero 3 flagjp 2004.04.23 (GBA) [AGB-BZ3J-JPN]
Rockman Zero 4 flagjp 2005.04.21 (GBA) [AGB-B4ZJ-JPN]
Rockman ZX flagjp 2006.07.06 (NDS) [NTR-ARZJ-JPN]
Rockman ZX Advent flagjp 2007.07.12 (NDS) [NTR-YZXJ-JPN]

It's gonna be Zero series 8 Year Anniversary~! <3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: January 17, 2010, 10:24:32 PM
Dare I say this deserves a retrospect? /.w.\

(anniversary + Collection announced)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: January 17, 2010, 10:33:15 PM
Dare I say this deserves a retrospect? /.w.\

I can give you this retrospect for now... :3
I'll think about another live cast later. ^^;

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: January 17, 2010, 10:42:07 PM
Nyoroooon~ /.w.\
I kinda meant though, like what you did for classic with the front page. that wes really awesome. (remember we all talked about the possibility of doing it for the other series'?)

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #163 on: January 17, 2010, 10:58:14 PM
I can give you this retrospect for now... :3
I'll think about another live cast later. ^^;
Jesus,You did half of the series Vixy!

Speaking of which,i am remaking RMW2 but i'm gonna work later on that.

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: January 17, 2010, 11:00:41 PM
I kinda meant though, like what you did for classic with the front page. that wes really awesome. (remember we all talked about the possibility of doing it for the other series'?)

I tried to do that...
The Zero games doesn't have that many inspiring menu tiles I can use for web design. o.o;
I could look again and see if I can make some custom images. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: January 17, 2010, 11:01:59 PM
Yeah. I kinda figured. Although god damn, you sure did a hell of a lot of them Megaman runs!
BTW, since its on topic, how DO you open that door behind Ciel in Zero 1?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: January 17, 2010, 11:04:24 PM
It's gonna be Zero series 8 Year Anniversary~!

Since when did every year become an anniversary to celebrate? Wait two years and we'd be at 10.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: January 17, 2010, 11:06:22 PM
Because the game comes out THIS year.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: January 17, 2010, 11:16:48 PM
Um yea, we kinda celebrate the reason a Collection is made. ^^;

Wait two years and we'd be at 10.

If we live that long~ ;3

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #169 on: January 18, 2010, 12:19:18 AM
You know, DS has more buttons than GBA.
Maybe they can get rid of weapon switching as each weapon has it's own button now?

Well, just a wild guess tho. ::)

Hmm...

Nah. Unless they make sprites for tertiary and quaternary weapons charging.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: January 18, 2010, 12:25:44 AM
That's the exception to the rule. I'm not fond that they made Ultimate Form unlockable at the cost of killing your rank permanently, but it's a very Capcom-esque move in that you're punished for using the "overpowered" mode (see point reductions in DMC for using the super-powered forms)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: January 18, 2010, 12:27:52 AM
That's the exception to the rule. I'm not fond that they made Ultimate Form unlockable at the cost of killing your rank permanently, but it's a very Capcom-esque move in that you're punished for using the "overpowered" mode (see point reductions in DMC for using the super-powered forms)
No, thats more inti's thing.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: January 18, 2010, 12:34:38 AM
Because y'know it's not like he posted an example of Capcom doing or anything is it Flame.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: January 18, 2010, 12:50:51 AM
Inti does that [parasitic bomb] too though.
and going with Megaman, Capcom doesnt always punish for good stuff. (Unless you count not being able to use special weapons with Gaia and Shadow Armor). Hell, in X8, they actually reward Zero for having the Black Armor, by giving him a better dash than his little scoot.
But whatever.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: January 18, 2010, 01:01:25 AM
Awesome, I got the Z-Saber with my Gold Max Armor! Hey Zero, check this sh...i... oh.

(BAD END)

The Ultimate Armor/Black Zero in X5 and in X8 are the exceptions in the punished for overpowered mode rule, namely because everyone (who isn't accustomed to smack X5 a new one) would [sonic slicer] their heads off if they had to fight Maverick Zero without spamming the ever-loving crap out of Nova Strike (even if he has the most retarded boss programming in the series.) In X8, it was just to give the player something to mess around with for future playthroughs, which became the norm in Z3 and Z4 with Ultimate Mode. Z1 also had Ultimate Mode, but you had to bust your ass off before you even hoped to look at it.