Metroid Discussion Thread

LightningKitsune · 137904

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1050 on: March 23, 2011, 12:11:05 AM
I haven't heard anything about it in a while, but it seems the game is still in progress.  DoctorM64 just posted an update a few days ago, but no new videos as yet.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1051 on: March 23, 2011, 12:11:36 AM
Link to his blog is in the comments. Guy mentioned finishing the final areas a number of weeks ago, and more recently that he couldn't get the feel of the final battle right, so that's kind of promising I guess.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1052 on: March 23, 2011, 12:12:43 AM
Looking at the blog, it seems like he's mostly doing visual tweaks and trying to get the sprites done at the moment.

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1053 on: March 23, 2011, 12:12:50 AM
Taking awhile, though. I remember a demo/full tiny game prologue being released a couple of years ago or so. Loved it back then. I wonder where I can find it again...

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1054 on: March 23, 2011, 12:13:58 AM
You might look on the blog.  Apparently there's some other mini-game he made called Metroid: Confrontation up there too that may tide you over.

The Other Side

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1055 on: March 23, 2011, 02:19:31 AM
I think that's the one I was talking about. Hell of a game.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1056 on: April 02, 2011, 05:35:40 PM
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/
A demo for the metroid 2 remake is out!

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1057 on: April 02, 2011, 07:31:38 PM
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/
A demo for the metroid 2 remake is out!
Haha, oh man that was great.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1058 on: April 02, 2011, 07:39:56 PM

>0<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1059 on: April 02, 2011, 08:05:26 PM
hahaha, that's adorable~

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1060 on: December 08, 2011, 10:45:39 AM
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/2011/10/demo.html
Real demo now available. Controls are tight as hell and you can customize if you want toggle/hold missiles or 1-button diagonal aim, it's awesome. Feels better than some real metroid games I've played.

Posted on: 2011-10-28, 16:04:20
So xnam and I were chatting in IRC about gameplay ideas. I'll leave him to his so I don't misrepresent anything; mine was basically that instead of getting specific upgrades after defeating each boss, you'd get some sort of points that you can spend on abilities of your choosing. As a result, you get to choose the order you deal with areas.
Energy/missile tanks would be kept separate of this system so players don't accidentally lock themselves out by not getting any new abilities.

Offline dragontamer272

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #1061 on: January 31, 2012, 07:15:55 PM
I wonder what the next Metriod game would be like, and on what system? 3DS, or on-coming Wii U?

So far my favorite of the 2D titles is Metroid Fusion, while my favorite 3D one is Metroid Prime.

Visit my art gallery at deviantart today. http://dragontamer272.deviantart.com/

Yes, I am now one of those so-called "Bronies".

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
CVG: In your Tomodachi presentation, you mentioned your mission to 'create a game that moves the industry forwards'. Does that mean you will not return to the more traditional game series that you're known for?

Sakamoto: I do not intend to do so. There might [currently] be various tasks I might be involved in with past series. However, even if so I would always like to introduce new entertainment and new fun to those series.

I would like to satisfy fans of those series, but also working with other talented individuals I would like to create entertainment that's completely different and that brings new emotions. I would like to challenge myself in those unique directions.

This might be indirect, but if we can make new types of gamers enjoy video games for the first time through Tomodachi Life, then they might eventually become interested in the more conventional games. I think we need to ensure that video games remain attractive to consumers, and in order to do so new concepts and ideas are important. I would like to challenge myself to do that.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/459245/i-want-to-challenge-myself-says-metroid-series-director/

Thoughts?

IMO, as long has he's not writing Metroid anymore, I'm happy.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1063 on: April 15, 2014, 09:09:31 PM
I would say that's good that he wouldn't seem to mess with the stories of the earlier Metroids.

But the early Metroids didn't have much story to begin with. Aside from backstory from other media and It's All In The Manual, the first 3 and Zero Mission are pretty much blank slates.

I would love for Nintendo to do a remake of Metroid 2. But if all we have in the future is AM2R, I'd be perfectly fine with that.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.