Nintendo Power announces Mega Man 10

Jazz Shaking · 93954

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #525 on: December 11, 2009, 11:15:37 PM
Seriously, if Sheepman doesn't have a weakness to a weapon called Blade Runner, that will be the biggest missed opportunity ever.
That'd be the most kickass thing ever. *o* And also pretty funny, in my opinion.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #526 on: December 11, 2009, 11:45:22 PM
Capcom/Inti had to create new tilesets for MM10. They also had to program it. That is not lazy.
8 bit sprites... Not that hard to do, honestly. I could even do it If I had the time to do it.
Programming? Its not that hard to program an 8 bit game. Especially since today's games are MUCh more complicated to program. an NES game is a breeze for them. why do you think they came out with 10 so soon after 9?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #527 on: December 11, 2009, 11:46:29 PM

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #528 on: December 11, 2009, 11:57:03 PM
OK, RPM, this is damn sad. We all whine, [sonic slicer] and moan collectively that we aren't getting enough Megaman (sidescrolling or otherwise), but when a new game is announced with the purest Megaman gameplay laurel one could have, this [parasitic bomb] happens. Really, can a big announcement thread ever stay open for longer than two days without getting [parasitic bomb] up full of folks whose opinions, while valid and totally entitled to, are contrary to the norm? Some folks can do this easily. I noticed that a few people who didn't have the greatest of things to say about MM10's direction were very easily able to express those thoughts without going "RAAAARGH MM10 sucks because it does/I say it does."

On that note, time to get serious and pick out a post

8 bit sprites... Not that hard to do, honestly. I could even do it If I had the time to do it.
Programming? Its not that hard to program an 8 bit game. Especially since today's games are MUCh more complicated to program. an NES game is a breeze for them. why do you think they came out with 10 so soon after 9?

I want you to now create a series based on a mascot character in a game style that doesn't leave much to be desired from the get go and have it last 22 years on that same gameplay idea, all while marketing it properly and maintaining a dedicated fan base.

If the [parasitic bomb] is soooo easy to do, get to it!

Seriously, this is disgusting. You're shitting on someone else's efforts just because of a style difference. Last time I checked, I played Megaman to blow [parasitic bomb] up and platform, not look at all the magnificent depth of field, motion blur, bloom & particle effects. (Yes, I'm being overly cheeky with this on purpose.)