VixyNyan · 5824

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
on: November 01, 2009, 10:05:44 PM
I got a note sent to me about a Mega Man Marathon taking place at the beginning of November. And since they are fighting for everlasting peace and to raise money providing food, shelter and other things for the homeless, I simply couldn't turn this down.

This message should explain everything about the marathon and the thoughtful charity work behind it.

Quote from: Tom at OCT
Essentially, people play games from a predetermined game series for days at a time, stream the whole thing online, interact with anyone interested enough to watch, and collect charitable donations from anyone entertained enough. I'm part of a group like that, and we're doing a Mega Man marathon next week, starting Friday, November 6 and lasting 48 hours. We're planning on playing the main series games from the Mega Man Classic and X series (and possibly adding in the Zero games if we get through that before time's up), and collecting for the Atlantic City Rescue Mission, which provides food, shelter, and other basic needs to the homeless around the Atlantic City, NJ area (which we're near). You can find out more about our event at http://oceancitytrinity.gamemarathons.com. In any case, we're trying to get the word out about it, especially to all those Mega Man fans out there.

Their website should have more detailed information about the event.

If you want to join in and see them playing the games, be there on Friday, November 6 at 7PM US Eastern time.

The marathon will last for 48 hours from the starting time mentioned.

Show that you are fighting for a good cause too, and donate a little money while you watch. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 10:11:41 PM
A very noble cause.  I wish them the best of luck, and will try to tune in.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 12:18:17 AM
I approve. Best of luck.

Offline X-Sama

• Net Navi
  • Reploid Spirit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 02:04:36 PM
Wow, this great, I love the idea XD

The Future is not registered, no more than build Destino Us

Offline Brahman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 10:31:32 PM
This will be awesome - I love Mega Man marathons as they are always fun to watch and this one seems to have a very nice, diverse group behind it.  It's also cool since they are all from NJ, where I was born.  owob

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 02:58:20 AM
If you're interested, Mega Man 1 and Mega Man 2 are done right now, and they move on to Mega Man 3. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 06:38:28 AM
Seems that either their ustream site stream is down, or ustream.tv itself is down as I'm typing this message. X_X
They were up to X2, when it just crashed on me. @_@

EDIT: Okay UStream is back up, and so is Ocean City Trinity. :)

I've been trying to follow them as much as possible, but I have missed them a few times due to work, sleep, and family time. @_@

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 02:04:54 AM
I'm really glad that these people are supporting the green and blue (Land and Ocean), But I also glad that they're were helping the homeless as well to give food for the homeless. I hope they'll get all the money they got to support the world. =)

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 02:23:08 AM
And soon those stupid news reporters will see that videogames can raise money too! Not just other stuff that no one wants to go to, like somesilly dinnner, or some kind of dance, or a walk-a-thon, who wants to walk to raise money? Why not do something fun to raise money?
Anyways, I am glad this will help others in need and further brighten the future.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 01:01:30 AM
And soon those stupid news reporters will see that videogames can raise money too! Not just other stuff that no one wants to go to, like somesilly dinnner, or some kind of dance, or a walk-a-thon, who wants to walk to raise money? Why not do something fun to raise money?
Anyways, I am glad this will help others in need and further brighten the future.
Doubt it, it goes against what they want to see/believe.

Good for OCT though, it's a good cause. They might want to fix the header on their site though.

Offline Brahman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 08:05:15 AM
I'm glad these folks did this too.  They were a very dedicated group, and even though the marathon was supposed to be 48 hours long, they played close to 60 hours, and even had to return Monday evening to finish "Mega Man X8" (they got to the end early that morning, but they stopped because they were so tired that they weren't doing well).  owob

The one thing I'm kind of sad about is that they didn't even raise $100.00 (I think it ended up being $85.00), even though they allowed donations to continue till Wednesday or so.  Perhaps next time they do something like this, even if non-Rockman, everyone can advertise a bit more (I think that, the economy, and their audience's age contributed some).