What Anime are you Currently Watching?

Satoryu · 464200

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #650 on: July 12, 2009, 11:23:25 PM
Nah, the Shiro / Aina thing wasn't really that developed. The whole infatuation was far too quick and shallow. They met like twice and spent a few hours together and then they're suddenly in love and all.

I disagree.  I saw it more as a chance scenario that blossomed into love. These were two soldiers who thought the other side were enemies & evil, but through working together to save each other's lives, something unexpected happened.  It didn't just happen overnight, cause both of them were still focused on their own side of the war, but Shiro still thought about her even despite knowing that the chances of seeing her again were slim to none, especially considering that she was a Zeon soldier.  Through twist of fate, they did meet again, and then realized they had feelings for one another, but even so they had to part once again.  All it took was that second encounter to make Shiro question his involvement in the Federation, and made him realize how much he cared for Aina.  When you meet the right person, a lot of times all it takes is 1 or 2 meetings.  It's similar to Romeo & Juliet.

To me, the story of Shiro and Aina is the truest telling of a romance story, that being one of chance.  That's what love & finding the right person really is all about.  It's about chance encounters.  I honestly thought Domon & Rain would wind up together from the very beginning of G Gundam.  But with Shiro & Aina, going into the series blind, I didn't know.  One could've wound up killing the other, or one could've died saving the other, or they both could've been killed.  

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #651 on: July 12, 2009, 11:28:28 PM
could be worse.. they could've ended up like Bernie and Chris >>

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #652 on: July 12, 2009, 11:30:12 PM
could be worse.. they could've ended up like Bernie and Chris >>

Oh, I know!  8)

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #653 on: July 12, 2009, 11:42:24 PM
Just about finished my Sengoku BASARA-a-thon. It's all I got until Sengoku BASARA 3 and Season 2 hit next year, after all.

Might have to give Guin Saga another look, for more manly action.

To me, the story of Shiro and Aina is the truest telling of a romance story, that being one of chance.  That's what love & finding the right person really is all about.  It's about chance encounters.  I honestly thought Domon & Rain would wind up together from the very beginning of G Gundam.  But with Shiro & Aina, going into the series blind, I didn't know.  One could've wound up killing the other, or one could've died saving the other, or they both could've been killed. 

Yeah, 08th MS Team ended up being one of my fave Gundam series, because I thought this romance was told quite well, along with a number of other things I thought were done well.

Hopefully, one day, I'll once again see another Gundam series that does for me like 08th did. For right now though, the Gundam fan in me has been largely asleep since mid-way through SEED, and beyond Gundam vs. Gundam and various SRW appearances, has little reason to wake up.  8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #654 on: July 12, 2009, 11:45:46 PM
Yeah, 08th MS Team ended up being one of my fave Gundam series, because I thought this romance was told quite well, along with a number of other things I thought were done well.

Hopefully, one day, I'll once again see another Gundam series that does for me like 08th did. For right now though, the Gundam fan in me has been largely asleep since mid-way through SEED, and beyond Gundam vs. Gundam and various SRW appearances, has little reason to wake up.  8D

08th MS Team is my favorite Gundam series, because I thought it had the best storytelling.

And isn't Gundam Unicorn coming out this winter for you, Ben?  XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #655 on: July 13, 2009, 12:03:33 AM
I'll admit, Unicorn does interest me. Especially right on the rebound of that "other announcement" from earlier this year, which resulted in a PS3 game...  8D

But we'll see if it has what it takes to keep me hooked, beyond the obvious "Red Comet" connection that may exist.

If nothing else, I hope a nice Gundam vs. Gundam game comes from it. The suit designs I like. Katoki does it again! 0v0

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #656 on: July 13, 2009, 12:18:14 AM
LoL, I'm interested in what they do with Mineva Zabi. 

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #657 on: July 13, 2009, 01:45:08 AM
I am downloading [spoiler]Ai Shimai ~Futari no Kajitsu~[/spoiler]. I'm sure some people here know it. <.<

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #658 on: July 13, 2009, 01:57:18 AM
Claymore.

wut. Theres Raki with a crush on Clare, and she eventually returns his emotions a "bit" but not enough to call it  "romance" she gives him ONE kiss. and its more action than anything else. that's what it focuses on.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #659 on: July 13, 2009, 02:01:24 AM
[tornado fang], I guess I better put 08th MS Team on my list of Gundams to bother watching. [tornado fang] it, may as well start from the beginning.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #660 on: July 13, 2009, 11:41:25 AM
wut. Theres Raki with a crush on Clare, and she eventually returns his emotions a "bit" but not enough to call it  "romance" she gives him ONE kiss. and its more action than anything else. that's what it focuses on.

Claymore focuses on psychological romance. Not physical. <.<

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #661 on: July 13, 2009, 12:11:13 PM
Canaan ep.2, Bakemonogatari ep.2, Umi Monogatari ep.3 and [spoiler]Ai Shimai ep.1-3[/spoiler]. First 3 are still downloading and other one is downloaded but its impossible for me to watch now. Since my parents are at home (THIS.IS.[spoiler]HENTAI[/spoiler]).

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #662 on: July 13, 2009, 07:24:35 PM
[tornado fang], I guess I better put 08th MS Team on my list of Gundams to bother watching. [tornado fang] it, may as well start from the beginning.
i'd say to watch the entirety of UC in timeline order, but then i remembered you have to sit through a horrid OVA before you hit Zeta, and then you might wind up watching the shitty Zeta movie compilation.. >>

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #663 on: July 13, 2009, 07:31:41 PM
[spoiler]HENTAI[/spoiler]

be specific.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #664 on: July 13, 2009, 09:09:37 PM
Ep 02 of Bakemonogatari was priceless. Animation style, music style and storytelling is just magnicifient.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #665 on: July 17, 2009, 09:24:14 AM
Started watching Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season (I know it's still airing...), first 5 eps in.
I totally wasn't expecting this season to be half the size of the previous season... I guess they are running out of stuff to animate.
So far, so good.

Posted on: July 15, 2009, 15:00:14
Up to ep13 now.
Seeing Hinagiku in a parody Meer Campbell costume, singing Cruel Angel's Thesis... Awesome. XD

Posted on: July 16, 2009, 21:13:55
Lawl triple post.
Caught up to ep15 of HnG!!, thus becoming a weekly watch.
Also finished the Eureka 7 movie.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #666 on: July 17, 2009, 10:48:07 AM
Opinions on said movie?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #667 on: July 17, 2009, 11:07:22 AM
I posted them in the Eureka movie thread. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #668 on: July 21, 2009, 02:30:36 AM
I'm going back through Neon Genesis Evangelion. I didn't catch enough of it for any of it to make sense during its Adult Swim run and I missed the final two eps which is where [parasitic bomb] goes crazy. Again, because of psptube being my only medium, I'm getting the unique experience of getting to watch both Dub and Subs at once. *shrugs* As long as I get everything thats important.

Edit: Just got done watcing End of Evangelion. Jesus holy [tornado fang] almighty, what a headtrip. I've gotta go detox after that.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #669 on: July 21, 2009, 02:39:50 AM
[tornado fang] anime, i'm watching Venture Bros.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #670 on: July 21, 2009, 03:08:23 AM

Good call. XD

Meanwhile, can anyone give me any idea as to what I'll be getting myself into if I decide to watch Mitchiko To Hatchin or Eden of The East ahead of my "wait for new laptop before watching stuff" schedule? I wouldn't like it if these shows turn out to be great but I can't finish them due to crappy current laptop related issues.

Edit: Thanks Gundamheads above, now I wanna re-watch 08th MS Team as well. XD
Edit 2: JESUS, I need to visit this thread more for recommendations. GaoGaiGar just got on the list for Kharaxel's post alone. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #671 on: July 21, 2009, 05:25:13 AM

I have the O.S.I. theme memorized.   8D

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #672 on: July 21, 2009, 05:26:49 AM
Watch Higashi no Eden. Fantastic series for such few episodes. At least (AFAIK) two movies have been confirmed.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #673 on: July 21, 2009, 05:56:44 AM
I'm watching Cowboy Bebop right now, classic so far...

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #674 on: July 21, 2009, 05:36:31 PM
Watch Higashi no Eden. Fantastic series for such few episodes. At least (AFAIK) two movies have been confirmed.
This.