Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
on: May 20, 2009, 01:18:39 AM
Today is RPM's birthday! It has turned 6 years old. Time does fly by fast. ^^

To celebrate, we at RPM have decided to post a lot of new things for the site.

First of all, RPM now has new sections that you can access right on the front page. Most of them are only informational stuff. The new sections are a big list of different Rockman-related media and other collectible things, along with some fan works that might be interesting even for long-time community members.

The new sections are:

Rockman Books: It will be filled with sample pages and other neat info about each book. This might include small bits of sources that are normally only accessible from these books. We will cover Source Books, Manga, English Comics, Guide Books, and any other interesting and officially-released books.

Soundtracks: This section will be about the official Audio CDs that has been released and published by different media companies, and it will also have tracklists, lyrics for the songs in the CDs, and also some interesting information that's been translated from the soundtrack booklets. Sample scans and short music samples might be uploaded here too, but enough to meet Capcom's legal standards.

Cellphone Games: Called Keitai in Japan, this section will be all about the games you can play on a Cellphone, all of them released by Capcom. Most of the games are only available in Japan though, but we will only write a little bit about them and hope this section will be a big source for those who are interested.

Playable Rock: This section will be about all those Capcom-related games where Rockman and friends are playable, like Marvel vs. Capcom, Namco x Capcom, Gun Spike, and so on. And of course, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is in here too. We hope to have a few guides for these games later, and also some quick info and movesets of the Rockman characters that you can play as.

Fan Projects: This one is about Fan-Created games that you can play on your computer or other game consoles, like the GBA. Here we see old relics like Mega Man Legends: Reploid Legacy and Mega Man 21XX, along with on-going projects like Mega Man X: Corrupted, Mega Man 10, Mega Man Engine, and so on. We hope to have lots of info about them, and also some video clips too. There's one download available for MML-RL already, so try it out if you want. ^^

Hacks / Bootlegs: This section will be all about hacks that you patch on the Rockman games, and turning them into new games somehow. We will write a few things about the games, and also make guides for some of them, like boss or weapon guides. The Bootleg part of this section isn't up yet, but it will be about some pirate games like Rocman X and Rockman DX3. Whenever those pages will show up, we'll let you know.

That's all the new sections we have for you. I have some random things to talk about too.

- In the ZX Video Archive, I have now filled it with every video clip from the two official ZX websites. We're also interested in TV Shows and other stuff where Rockman games are on them, so for now, we put up Arino's attempt at playing Rockman 9 on Game Center CX, and we'd love to see more Rockman things like that.

- If you haven't been on the front page much, I can tell you that a new page was added, for a game called Ryuusei no Rockman: Denpa Henkan! On-Air! and it's a type of game that you connect straight to your TV and you can play all kinds of mini games on it, and also fight bosses. I can tell you that a friend of mine has managed to buy this device through a Japanese Auction, and it arrived to my closest Postal Office now. Anytime this week, I hope to have lots of video clips recorded from the game, including the mini games and some battles that can't be seen on Youtube. Who is the friend? I'll tell you later. ^^

- At the end of this month, we might have a "picture of the week" placeholder in the right corner of the front page. If you have any kind of artworks you like to submit, send them to my e-mail address and I'll put them up for you. ^^

- From this day and on, we will have the skin of the website changed to something more... colorful. Each day, the skin will become the same skins that we used for Front Page Theme Week Retrospective. The regular skin will come back at the very end of this month. ^^

- Oh yea, I almost forgot! This announcement is a big one. Take a look at this~

Rockman X8 e-Capcom Original Special Sound CD

You know what this is? This is a very limited CD that was bundled with Rockman X8, as a pre-order item.

The CD isn't available anymore and can only be found on very rare moments at random auctions.

But at this very special day, you are able to download the music from it. Is that cool or what?

And with all these lovely announcements, I'll end it with a fan-made micro game, Wario style!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
And if you have some fun things to post for this day, throw them all in this news thread.

Rebecca, signing out~! <3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 01:26:43 AM
Yay, happy birthday to RPM!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 01:27:41 AM
Rebecca, that really your real  name? I'll keep that in mind. X3

Happy birthday RPM indeed. <:

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 01:32:39 AM
lol i joined three years ago

Offline Crimson Lightning

• Hows the weather look today?
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Not too bad
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 01:35:50 AM
wow 6 yrs time really does fly i feel old now :P XD

Offline SoulYeezy

• I had a dream I can buy my way to heaven!
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 01:36:58 AM
I joined in 2006, I think...

Medic! This Headache's Awful!
This anesthetic's pathetic! So is this diabetic waffle!
And this prosthetic arm keeps crushing my hard taco!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 01:37:49 AM
At first I was all like "what happened to the website" and then I was all like "I can dig it".

Happy 6th.

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 01:39:30 AM
I haven't been on here for that long...  ;O;
But still, a toast to another year for RPM  8D *raises a glass into the air*

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 01:44:50 AM
Wow, I can't believe this site's been around for 6 years. Good stuff. Happy birthday RPM. :)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 01:52:57 AM
I'm planning to have Rockman 7 FC and Rockman 8 FC on the Fan Projects section soon. ^^

Let's hope we go "Four More Years"! ~w~

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 01:56:07 AM
I'm planning to have Rockman 7 FC and Rockman 8 FC on the Fan Projects section soon. ^^

Let's hope we go "Four More Years"! ~w~

why stop at 4?  14 would be awesome!  8D

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 02:00:56 AM
why stop at 4?  14 would be awesome!  8D

Just wait until RPM turns 18! 8D

Also, the VS. Maverick remix sounds cool!

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 02:11:16 AM
Did anyone see the WarioWare micro game? >U<

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 02:12:31 AM
Yes, I did, though it could've been at least shorter, but it had to because of the beat.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 02:13:11 AM
Ka-boom!

Bye bye Wily's capsule!

Love it!!

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 02:19:39 AM
I love the festive feeling on the front page!  8)

So this is practically my second RPM birthday. Time sure flies fast!

As present...

Happy Birthday RPM, you're always the best site in my heart!

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 02:32:17 AM
Happy 6th, RPM!  8)

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 03:38:31 AM
So sorry I never did get around to adding any more samples or updates to the wiki in time before this day (Actually waiting on a shipment in the next day or two before I add some new stuff). But the beginning to the book and soundrack pages look great. It's nice to see all the cellphone and fan projects in a section like that as well. It's very helpful to have informative pages like that, which you never see anywhere. Hope your future pic submission turns out well, too.

Also thanks much for the special CD tracks.

Congrats on 6 years! [eyebrow]

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 04:30:55 AM
LOVE the additions guys, great work!

Happy sixth!

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 04:35:46 AM
Congrats RPM to your 6th Anniversary.  :)

Long Live Rockman! Long Live RPM!

Helada Quemadura

Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 04:48:53 AM
Q: Dang, time does fly fast. Heres to RPM and hopefully it makes it to 10 years.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 05:21:08 AM
Yay! Happy Birthday RPM! I joined November of last year, but I already feel like ive been here forever. XD
I was called a Veteran by someone, in fact. XD
also, looks like you wernt able to stop Wily from taking over the world. 8D cute though.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 05:29:35 AM
I joined in 2006, I think...
you were totally not here three years ago

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 05:33:01 AM
Happy Birthday RPM~

Man, it's been a while since I've joined. I remember most of the people joining 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 05:40:59 AM
Happy Birthday RPM.  This site truly is a gem!
I joined back when I was bored.  Now I mod here for this Board.
Oh, I have a gift in mind.  But it shall take me some time.
I hope you like it, yes I do. For now, Happy Birthday to you!