Is the Iphone worth the price?

SoulYeezy · 6733

Offline SoulYeezy

• I had a dream I can buy my way to heaven!
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: May 19, 2009, 05:24:27 PM
Im planning on buying the iphone 3g 16 GB. So I have to pay $299, and $70 for the contract? My friend has one and he says the battery doesnt last long. And I know I soon as I get it Im gonna buy like 50 apps and a lot of music. So thats...a total of $519. Holy [parasitic bomb].

Medic! This Headache's Awful!
This anesthetic's pathetic! So is this diabetic waffle!
And this prosthetic arm keeps crushing my hard taco!

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 05:37:20 PM
It most depends on your style. It is true in that the battery is guzzled like gas in a Hummer, but like you said, it has many functions and can hold music, effectively making your current iPod (if any) and your phone absolite. My dad has an iPhone and I can tell you its easy to use. However, my only complaints are that the battery life is too small and it has no bluetooth needed if you drive. I personally would invest it in another similar phone to the iPhone like the G1 Google Phone or my brother's more recent phone the Behold by what I think is from Samsung from T-Mobile. It has the same functions as the iPhone, but better amount of memory, camera up to 5mp, can play music, way longer battery life, is a touch screen, and applications and games can be uploaded. I fear that if I bought the iPhone, Apple is going to screw me over and release a new one within a few months or years.

That's my two cents and hope it helps.

Also, not sure, but I think this is in the wrong topic. Its more for Entertainment in Off The Wall.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline SoulYeezy

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 05:43:33 PM
I actually plan on making this the one device I can take anywhere. I used to take my PSP for music, a camera and a cellphone. Im hoping if I buy the iphone I can have all three in one gadget. But the [tornado fang]ing battery life (5 hours a day?) and the price is breaking my balls.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 05:46:06 PM
I always found the price on those to be absolutely ridiculous. That goes for the contract too. I dunno, if you think it's worth it, go for it. There must be an option with a more reasonable price out there (not that I would know in this case).

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 05:54:50 PM
I wouldn't buy one simply for the fact that I'd never go with AT&T's cellphone service.  I know many a person who love the phone, but absolutely hate the service.

Also, if you're going to, I'd wait until after June or July.  There's rumored to be a new one revealed around that time.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 06:30:41 PM
I'd rather just get a cheap cellphone and an iPod Classic for $150 less than you'll be paying for that iPhone by the time you're done with it.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 06:31:59 PM
Or a Nokia, they may pratically do the same things, and games.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 06:34:48 PM
You know, I have been thinking about getting a new phone soon.
I hope it supports some great games at least.

I'd wish there's a phone that could play the Japanese games. ^^
Registering to a Japanese phone service would be a bit pricey. o.o;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline SoulYeezy

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 06:40:43 PM
Im selling my old systems just to get this phone, and I have to pay $70 a month? Damn.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 06:42:12 PM
Well, most phones of now practically do the same features, just diffrent layouts. :/

And I think there's a $75 for a monthly fee.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 06:47:17 PM
Well, I'd say go with an iPod Touch, unless your dead set on having the phone/all in one device.  Cept for the phone & camera, the iPod Touch can pretty much do all the things the iPhone can, and it has more memory too.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 08:32:18 PM
Well, I'd say go with an iPod Touch, unless your dead set on having the phone/all in one device.  Cept for the phone & camera, the iPod Touch can pretty much do all the things the iPhone can, and it has more memory too.

I agree with this really. Until AT&T gets their rate plans in order, the iPhone itself gets a new/better camera with flash, or more memory, it's really a better idea to have the 32GB touch & 1 or 2 extra gadgets.

Still it all depends on whether or not the all in one aspect of things is necessary to you.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 09:46:26 PM
I wouldn't buy an iPhone, looks overpriced (like anything Apple). Sure it's a high quality product, but still. If I wanted a high-end phone I'd buy a Nokia.

If you're only going to use it for MP3/Phone/Java games/camera it's not like there aren't another million other phone models that can do that for a portion of the price.

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 11:10:28 PM

I also agree, in fact I plan on soon getting an iTouch during the summer.  8D

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 01:55:42 AM
If it's just to listen to music what's wrong with just having your ipod? Though personally I'd rather have some audiophile mp3 player amp for it if I had some extra money on hand.

Honestly though, iphone is just a rip and you know it. I mean come on, remember the 300 page bill story?

Revolutionary

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 08:32:58 AM
300-page bill?  Oh, this I have to hear.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline SoulYeezy

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 10:24:09 PM
If it's just to listen to music what's wrong with just having your ipod? Though personally I'd rather have some audiophile mp3 player amp for it if I had some extra money on hand.

Honestly though, iphone is just a rip and you know it. I mean come on, remember the 300 page bill story?

300 pages? Tell me the story.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 10:29:48 PM
Quote from: Wikipedia
A 300-page iPhone bill from AT&T Mobility mailed in a box[1] was the subject of a viral video by Justine Ezarik which quickly became an Internet meme in August 2007.[2][3][4] Stories of unexpected billing issues began to circulate in blogs and the technical press after the Apple iPhone's heavily advertised and anticipated release,[5][6] but this video clip brought the voluminous bills to the attention of the mass media. Ten days later, after the video had been viewed more than 3 million times on the Internet,[7][8] and had received international news coverage, AT&T sent iPhone users a text message outlining changes in its billing practices.[9] Two months later, the information technology magazine Computerworld included this event in its list of "Technology's 10 Most Mortifying Moments."

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 11:06:18 PM
That explains a lot... :P

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 11:24:45 PM
That explains a lot... :P

I know, right? 8D

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 11:50:26 PM
To conclude this, I'd say It's better just to get an iTouch and just stick to a regular cell phone. There, problem solved!  8D

-----
That one Nun...

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 12:29:08 AM
-300 page story-
That made the iPhone scary at the time. I still hear there are still a few unlucky billed people, but they shrank dramatically.

When was the last time I poked you guys...