Protodude's Ramblings: Birthday Week

Protodude · 5545

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: May 09, 2009, 07:58:15 PM
Guess who turned 44 this week?

Wishing you the best Inafune! Man, can you believe he's devoted half of his life to Capcom? (joined at the ripe age of 22) That's just unimaginable.

Onwards with this weeks stories!

Japan Really Wants X and DASH Sequels

A recent survey conducted by Famitsu asked its readers to rank which franchise sequels they're craving to see most. Surprise, surprise, sequels to Rockman X and Rockman DASH made the cut -- DASH at number 7, X at number 13:

1. Sakura Taisen (aka Sakura Wars) 267 votes
2. Shenmue 249 votes
3. Okami 204 votes
4. Gotchaforce 189 votes
5. Xenogears 185 votes
6. Breath of Fire 180 votes
7. Rockman Dash 176 votes
8. Ogre Battle 174 votes
9. Chikyuu Boueigun (aka Earth Defence Force) 162 votes
10. Kowloon's Gate 151 votes
11. Shinobido 141 votes
12. Demon's Souls 123 votes
13. Rockman X 110 votes

Whether Capcom is aware of these numbers is anybody's guess. In any case, I'm very happy to see DASH in the top ten, incredibly reassuring to know the Japanese demand is still there after all these years.

Seth Killian Teases Undiscovered Mega Man 9 Secret

While chatting with Destructoid's Johnathan Holmes, Seth Killian continued to withhold knowledge of the "undiscovered" Mega Man 9 secret, teasing us once more:
"People are looking too hard, and also not hard enough. That will sound ridiculous until someone figures out what it means, at which point it will sound profound. Actually everyone already just hates this “secret” so I’m guaranteed to be hated in any event, but there it is."

Oh we're looking hard alright, anyone who's taken a gander at the insanity going down at Capcom-Unity's forums can agree with that statement. But, we're still not looking hard enough....

At this rate, I have a feeling this little nugget of a secret will be haunting us for years to come.

Read up on the full interview here which includes a little talk of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom localization

Rumor - 'Battle Black Box' Talks of SSR4 Likelihood

Japanese Rockman blog "S.S.R" reports that the recently released Shooting Star Rockman 3 guide book, Battle Black Box, talks of the likelihood of a fourth title in the Shooting Star series.

Details are sketchy at the moment, but according to the post, an SSR3 staff interview mentions that a Shooting Star Rockman 4 is a possibility, that is to say, if the fans want it to happen. Well, do you?

Capcom Releasing A Bunch Of PS1/PSP Games On Playstation Store

Joystiq reports that Capcom plans on releasing a whopping 20 to 40 PS1/PSP titles this year on Playstation Network, a move to increase the company's presence on the service.

The best part? Capcom-Unity members will have a say in what titles they'd like to see released:
"We spoke with Capcom's Chris Kramer, who let us know that the company would be listening to what the community wants and figuring out internally what titles to release -- but don't expect any of them to involve licensing shenanigans along the lines of Marvel vs. Capcom. "We'll definitely be looking at a lot of titles that have things like Street Fighter and Resident Evil in the title," Kramer said. "We're thinking about putting together a long list of the titles we're looking at, and then releasing it on Capcom Unity and having people vote on them. "

Mega Man fans in particular have a lot to look forward to; besides the possibility of downloadable versions of Maverick Hunter X and Powered Up, we also have hopes of seeing the following:

Mega Man 8
Mega Man Battle & Chase (Most likely a UK only release)
Mega Man X4
Mega Man X5
Mega Man X6
Mega Man Legends
Mega Man Legends 2
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

13 Companies Stand In Our Way Of Getting 'Tatsunoko vs. Capcom'

I'm excited about Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. It seems like a blast to play. Sure, I could always import it and play it on the Hombrew Channel, but I'd much rather have a true blue localization. That said, Capcom has time and time again expressed difficulties in bringing the title outside of Japan, citing a series of sticky licensing problems with Tatsunoko properties. Yesterday, in an interview with Joystiq, Seth Killian once again brought to light the problems of a TvC localzaition:

"It's a lot of 'dance with the lawyers' on that one," explained Killian. "The rights holders for Tatsunoko in Japan are one company, but in the U.S. it's ... 13 companies -- and some are very attentive and some are not."

A very sticky situation indeed. In the words of Joystiq, "if you've been holding your breath for this one, you might want to consider coming up for air."

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 08:00:24 PM
Yes. Happy 44th Birthday to the father of Rockman and the reason we're all here, Keiji Inafune.

Indeed.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:05:36 PM
(joined at the ripe age of 22)

I wish I joined Capcom at that age. I really do. :C

Japan Really Wants X and DASH Sequels

As do we all.

Seth Killian Teases Undiscovered Mega Man 9 Secret

People still care about this?

Rumor - 'Battle Black Box' Talks of SSR4 Likelihood

While I don't really play the SSR games (Maybe I should, they look good at least) I welcome the fact that a fourth game will bring more concept art by that artist.

Say goodbye to TvC US version.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 08:48:39 PM
Shooting Star Rockman 4 is a possibility, that is to say, if the fans want it to happen. Well, do you?

Hell, no

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 08:49:10 PM
Lawyers are a game company's ally, yet thier worst enemy at the same time.. I wonder who's fault was it for litterally having 13 companies owning various anime stateside?

And happy late birthday Inufaune, and Douchebag Light, at least people still want DASH and X.. I kinda miss the X series, regardless if the plot's crappy or not: A game's still a game, no matter how "bad" the plot is.. that's RM9's real secret.. I knew it all along.

And.. SSR4? Oh wait, sidestories... Forgot about that, hehe.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 09:00:13 PM
Happy Birthday Inufanue! And he doesn't even look 44, looks more like early 30's. He's very young looking.

And SSR4... I have a feeling they're going to make it.

And I pray for X and DASH sequels too! Those are best of the Megaman series, as well as Classic.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 09:44:47 PM
The giant ryuusei megaman in that photo has balls of steel.

Can't unsee.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 09:47:39 PM
And Inafune is blowing Rockman's butt.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 09:57:19 PM
That Rockman looks so happy to have his ass blown on by his father.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 06:24:30 AM

I'm excited about Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. It seems like a blast to play. Sure, I could always import it and play it on the Hombrew Channel, but I'd much rather have a true blue localization. That said, Capcom has time and time again expressed difficulties in bringing the title outside of Japan, citing a series of sticky licensing problems with Tatsunoko properties. Yesterday, in an interview with Joystiq, Seth Killian once again brought to light the problems of a TvC localzaition:

A very sticky situation indeed. In the words of Joystiq, "if you've been holding your breath for this one, you might want to consider coming up for air."

I'm really not surprised.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 09:56:56 PM
The giant ryuusei megaman in that photo has balls of steel.

Can't unsee.
I laughed pretty hard. and cried a little.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 11:28:18 PM
Still a happy birthday to you Inafune, and thanks again for everything you have done regarding Mega Man! Well, almost everything, as I still wonder what happened to Mega Man Mania and the planned features in Mega Man X Collection..

Wow, that is just amazing to see Mega Man Legends and Mega Man X on that Japanese list so high. And it's nice to see Okami on it as well.

Let's see what Tokyo Game Show will bring for us Mega Man fans this year in a couple of months. Still a bit too far away though.

Flok's favorites: