The way you play Mega Man games

Da Dood · 19563

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009, 10:56:00 PM
Nothing beats playing with the PB Saber.

Protoman, HOOO!

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 03, 2009, 11:00:03 PM
I pretty much do what everyone else around here does: shoot to the music whenever possible, jump/slide/dash through a door, keep the buster charged (only in the X and later series). I used to jump all over the place (in the game) when playing MML (I say 'used to' because I haven't played Legends in a long time). I only use the buster and rarely use any weapons (only use them when necesary)...oh yeah, and I talk to myself whenever I play. 8)

Edit: Apparently I still keep my buster charged in the original series as well, but I guess it's no biggie. I did it as a child, and I'll certainly keep doing it to this day.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 10:03:28 PM by StrangeMan »

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 03, 2009, 11:26:06 PM
I shoryuken down the hole to Sigma in X2. And I shoryuken Agile instantly as soon as I start fighting him.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 05:03:29 AM
I rarely use weapons. To challenge myself, I try to avoid all upgrades possible, although I do have times where I run through the games with everything, demolishing all in my path. I also always keep something charged when it's applicable.

Oh yeah, I have to yell out Hadouken or Shoryuken whenever I use them, or else it just feels wrong.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 05:06:10 AM
With my feet.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 07:05:49 PM
when i defeat Chill Penguin, i shout "COOL!"

cause, you know, Chill Penguin uses ice, and ice is.... ah [tornado fang] you.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 04, 2009, 07:08:58 PM
I play Mega Man games....*puts on Sunglasses*...Blues style!

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #32 on: May 04, 2009, 08:28:02 PM
I cheat and use Game Genie or Game Shark. 

And I usually use an emulator when I can. 

Offline MereBytes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: May 04, 2009, 09:58:29 PM
The way I play is that I try not lose any health on levels and I start level all over again if I do. I also collect everything I can...
I've got a few youtube vids if anyone's is interested (PM)(MMZ games only, haven't had motivation to record other than MMZ series)

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 02:35:41 PM
I love jumping at Boss gate without any reason 8D
Especially Gravityman's stage, almost going foward into gate.

Offline Elpis TK31

• I WANT IT NAO
  • Robot Master
  • BOOBLIGHTS OR GTFO
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 07:04:39 PM
Releasing the charge button while sliding in R4, and pushing it down again before the slide ends.

Other quirks...I slash/shoot while walljumping in ZX, oh and I turbodash (rapid forward) while the slow guy in Anubis' mission follows you...hmm...other than that, just speedrunning.

-Elpis

RMZX E/53'39 N/57'27 H/1:02'01
When life is boring, knife some cows in RE4, it's hilarious!

Offline dzamper

• Cyberelf
  • BanaLuigi, number-a one!
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 09:23:00 PM
Jumping thru the gates, huzzah! Also standing subpixel from the gate and then entering it, you know, I bet everyone will have same facial expression and behave like normal while having ability to move while sliding without moving (lol). Speaking of abilities, I mainly use P-Buster, when I have Mega Buster/X Buster/whateva I rarely charge when not needed because sound is annoying. I RARELY use any special weapons, I would more likely risk death than using Rush or weapons special abilities (and that makes some stages harder for me than they really are). I always go through the lasers in Quickman's stage without using Flash Stopper (it's useful for Quickman itself, or I just pwn him with one correctly placed Crash Bomber). And I always suceed 8D (it got a bit boring, though. You know, being perfect all the time is not so nice). Speaking of Crash Bombs, if boss is relatively easy to me I always try to beat him after dying. Having orbs frozen on screen after beating boss is priceless :P Just all what I can remember, I will post/edit if I recall something more.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #37 on: May 10, 2009, 11:48:45 PM
My style varies with the game, but generally I tend to give high priority to non-weapon support items.  Rush, X's armors, and such.

Also always nice to be flashy.  I generally like to jump in and give all the enemies heck, although I am capable of tip-toeing my way through for no damage (did it in Zero), but that's just not the way I have fun.  Part of why I love X6 so much, you can tank yourself up to ridiculous levels and plow through equally ridiculous mobs in Gate's Lab.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #38 on: May 11, 2009, 11:38:22 PM
In the Classic timeline, I utilize what I call the Hit & Run Strategy until the bosses. Yes, I charge through enemies in a mad dash to kill the boss! Then I try to use strategy to defeat the boss.

In EXE and Star Force, I fill my folder with the strongest chips possible. I've only recently seen the wisdom of using Recov Chips and Barriers (in EXE I used the FstBarr NCP, SF I use the equivalent program in 2 and do without in 1). In Battle Chip GP, I use what I judge to be the best elemental Navis (High MB, High HP, High AP). So I use Bass, ThunMan (with stun chips), WoodMan (with TreeBoms), IceMan (BigCloud!), and HeatMan (Meteor5!), and many swords. The elements are spread equally in my folder.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: June 20, 2009, 01:38:29 PM
I priorize the bosses on the select screen, I seek my target and unleash my balls of steel.

Generally speaking, I prefer using only the Mega Buster, unless someone like High Max is in my way.

I walk in Classic Mega Man and dash in Mega Man games beyond. I press R everywhere in Battle Network and StarForce in order for me to jack in or go on air.

Flok's favorites:

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: June 21, 2009, 01:46:15 PM
dash like crazy,slash like crazy,shoot like crazy,dodge like crazy,jump like crazy,wall jump like crazy and so on...

Offline Elpis TK31

• I WANT IT NAO
  • Robot Master
  • BOOBLIGHTS OR GTFO
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: June 28, 2009, 12:47:32 AM
Naked.

-Elpis

RMZX E/53'39 N/57'27 H/1:02'01
When life is boring, knife some cows in RE4, it's hilarious!

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: June 28, 2009, 02:07:30 AM
I tend to "combo" bosses; I hit 'em with a charged Buster blast, then immediately nail 'em with their weakness.  Don't know that it takes bosses down any quicker, I just like the idea.  I'm a big fan of the games in which you can use the Buster and special weapons simultaneously.  I'm a huge fan of MHX, in which I always start stacking weapons once I have them (example: Charged Rolling Shield or Chameleon Sting while using the X-Buster, Storm Tornado, or Hadouken).

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 09, 2009, 05:59:42 AM
I try to play without getting hit much, but aside from the original, X, and legend series, I just main the sword and slash.

Original, X, and legends, keep something charged, move around a lot, avoid getting hit. I fail pretty hard at it though.

Revolutionary

Archer

Reply #44 on: August 09, 2009, 01:06:45 PM
Normally.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: August 09, 2009, 01:13:58 PM
Charged shots stored up, Buster only bosses (unless I die once on the boss, have low health going in, or the boss is an absolute pain without their weakness (read: High Max)), grabbing every upgrade and item considered useful ASAP, conservative "stay the [tornado fang] away from harmful objects" play style. That about sums it up.  :\

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #46 on: August 10, 2009, 09:06:32 AM
I take my time and enjoy the game, if its MM9 I try to beat my record everytime.  :V

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline Star Man

• Cyberelf
  • DWN037
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 27, 2009, 10:52:15 AM
After being exposed to TAS videos for the X series a while ago, I am usually flying through stages by one-shotting many enemies with special weapons because it's faster and I enjoy kidding myself that most of them are useful. I also do not like standing still and I'm always on the move pumping shots at the air or something.

Only two Robot Masters in Mega Man 5 can walk.