Bleach (Manga Discussion Mainly)

Jericho · 81574

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
on: April 17, 2009, 05:49:19 AM
ITT we discuss Bleach. Why am I doing this after having the most epic love/exreme RAAAAGE relationship with this series after the end of the awesome Soul Society Arc? Simple.

Kubo has reached Hideo Kojima levels of professional trolling with the last spoiler (which has apparently been confirmed to be real). It's beyond comprehension. All hail Kubo [spoiler]and the "Knights of Yammy, King Slap-A-Ho" XD[/spoiler] and discuss. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 06:00:20 AM
I knew that was the reason this thread was created. All hail Kubo indeed XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 06:09:59 AM
Seriously, has any manga in its running managed to pull a move so amazingly WTF in nature that the sheer negative density (because even die hards can admit, this [parasitic bomb] was whack) of the twist looped out of infinity and wound up becoming good again?

I swear, it's stuff like this that keeps me coming back. I. Love. It. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 07:33:28 AM
Chapter's out.

Yammi is [tornado fang]ing huge, also, best page ever 8D

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:19:25 AM

am I the only one who liked the dramatic flow up to that page till' the fun of Yammy being the strongest Espada?

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 10:23:15 AM
I looked towards the girl that looked at me with an unwavering gaze, and finally understood.

"Oh I get it."

My body was already starting to fade away to ash.

"This is it."

I took my arm to reach hers.

"This here in my hand."

My hand turned to dust before I could reach her.

"The Heart"

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Anyways, now there's going to be more ulquiorra x orihime shippings then ever.

Revolutionary

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 10:59:02 AM
So I heard this Kubo guy is a good writer.

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6584260.html

Yup. Certainly seems like it.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 02:23:14 PM
I think it maintains a freshness because when I create manga, I don’t think about what’s going to happen—I just come up with an idea and let it flow.

So this is basically an improvised manga.

Yeah, this is pretty rage-inducing. Specially when you look back at the Soul Society arc.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 02:52:43 PM
I tried getting into this. Meh... wasn't my taste.

But it has some nice swords and Halibel. Halibel is awesome.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 02:53:19 PM
Wow, he also forgot his own story?

180o compared to Oda.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 04:09:59 PM

Yeah, this is pretty rage-inducing. Specially when you look back at the Soul Society arc.

This explains a [tornado fang]ing lot of things regarding the series. I'm slow for never hearing this before. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 04:13:45 PM

am I the only one who liked the dramatic flow up to that page till' the fun of Yammy being the strongest Espada?

Nope, not really. I liked it too.

Well, that certainly explains a lot XD

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 05:32:23 PM
I never though that I get suprised by anything in Mangas...Zeros pwn! Loved the expresions of Chad,Rukia and Renji when they noticed the truth

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 05:34:27 PM
I never though that I get suprised by anything in Mangas...Zeros pwn! Loved the expresions of Chad,Rukia and Renji when they noticed the truth

I swear the first thing I thought of when I saw that page was Shadow of The Colossus. XD

Offline Zx

• You're already dead
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Come and fight!"
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 06:58:30 PM
That hollow Ichigo was [tornado fang]ing crazy

"Di Mant de Vongole Primo!"

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 07:26:26 PM
(because even die hards can admit, this [parasitic bomb] was whack)

The [parasitic bomb] made perfect sense to me. Perfect reason for the guy to not have been killed sooner on.
I'm betting Szayel is responsible in some fashion, though. The mad scientist mentioned Yammy and he was analyzing Ichigo's reiatsu after all. Just as much as Szayel is probably involved in creating both Ichigo and Aaroniero's unlimited potential.

Ofcourse, as Mayuri discovered Dordoni and Curucii's corpses, that means all that data on Ichigo is now in his deranged hands...

Anyways, now there's going to be more ulquiorra x orihime shippings then ever.

And it's a direct Kaien x Rukia reference (where is the heart, it's here, between us), which by association also means Ichigo x Rukia shippings. Great fun.

So I heard this Kubo guy is a good writer.

Kubo's a good writer in his own right. His forte is characters, their personality and interactions. Which leads to quite  the dramatic moments.

Wow, he also forgot his own story?

Every writer forgets parts of his own story at times. You might remember the events, but the specific impact of each moment is lost as time passes.

Not quite, it's improvised and preplanned at the same time. Kubo has a grand plan, but side tracks whenever he feels like it. Which is part of the reason why if he started to show us everybody's background, Bleach would never end, he'd could keep himself writing forever.

Also, planning can also go so far, improvisation needs to fill the gap. Also improvisation is what created the plan to begin with and will lead to further planning. Like in the beginning of Bleach, Kubo had already planned Isshin was a shinigami, but he didn't plan Soul Society's hierarchy at that time. Then he thought up the captains and he established the grand chain of events we see today, with Isshin's mysteriously torn captain robe.

Of course, in general Kubo's focus is characters. Which explains the focus on personality and drama. But all the same,you can tell how far he plans ahead which such concepts as the Espada rankings. There was perfect use of rank revelations throughout the last few arc. Similar long term plans can be seen with Ichigo's power, Aizen's betrayal and many other things. And I can assure you, some hints Kubo's dropped in the past will not be shed light upon until another 100 chapters have passed, that's how his planning works.

Meantime, enjoy the character interaction and drama.

But it has some nice swords and Halibel. Halibel is awesome.

Just think about how the anime would censor that.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 07:28:29 PM
Just think about how the anime would censor that.

Oh I will find me some uncensored doujins in exchange.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 07:31:17 PM
Oh I will find me some uncensored doujins in exchange.

With or without scary mask? >.>

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 07:32:10 PM
But she´s wearing a perma bra :P

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 07:39:12 PM
With or without scary mask? >.>

BOTH

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 11:01:58 PM
That hollow Ichigo was [tornado fang]ing crazy

I didn't like SSJ3 Hollow at all. Ichigo vs. Byakuya already aced the whole "I'm going to di--LOLSURPRISE HOLLOW MODE", and the Vizard training was more than enough Complete Hollowification. This fight felt so damned recycled.

Perfect reason for the guy to not have been killed sooner on.

"I just wasn't there fighting" was a flawless reason until this week. I just can't stand how stupid is that they are defeating the Espada in an orderly manner (Aaroniero > Szayel > Grimmjow (well, not here) Zommari > Nnoitra > Ulquiorra > Now it's Halibel's turn)

Kubo's a good writer in his own right. His forte is characters, their personality and interactions. Which leads to quite  the dramatic moments.

Yeah, except the characters that have personality and interactions are underdeveloped. Hoping to get some answer in a hypothetical 'climax' or 'answers' arc is like confirming the pace of the plot has been poor, at the very least. I don't see these dramatic moments you speak of, by the way.

But she´s wearing a perma bra :P

Bone nipples

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 11:49:03 PM
"I'm going to di--LOLSURPRISE HOLLOW MODE", and the Vizard training was more than enough Complete Hollowification. This fight felt so damned recycled.

We knew from over a 100 chapters ago that his hollow would be back, the guy said so himself.

Besides, there are plenty of differences between this battle and Byakuya's. From the immense power gap, influence from other characters, Ichigo's death, Ulquiorra driving Orihime and Ishida to the point of terror, Ichigo's lack of mind, his inability to return to normal, him desecrating corpses and attacking his own friends.

If you think just going hollow makes the two fights the exact same, that is being quite superficial. The very concepts of the two battles were even different from the very beginning. Ichigo was attempting to show Byakuya he was at his level. Against Ulquiorra, the odds were always impossible, but still he tried desperately because he had to win.

"I just wasn't there fighting" was a flawless reason until this week.

Don't think of it from a story perspective, think of it from a presentation perspective. As the weakest of the Espada,  he was always cannon fodder, especially now that he lasted so long and everybody else fought stronger adversaries. The main characters even talk of it in front of Yammy, which is why he revealed that twist. All in all, Yammy's recent revelation makes perfect sense in giving all of the Espada equal spotlight.

As for a story perspective. Ever since Aizen went to the real world, it has always seemed he's leaving his home base barely defended. Yammy's power boost rectifies this. Sooner or later Wonderweiss, who is an Espada level numeros, will probably also be thrown into the mix.

Aaroniero > Szayel > Grimmjow (well, not here) Zommari > Nnoitra > Ulquiorra > Now it's Halibel's turn)

That wasn't the order. Szayel lasted beyond Grimmjow and Zomari.

9 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 5 > 4.

0/10, 1, 2 and 3 are remaining. Not that orderly to me.

Hoping to get some answer in a hypothetical 'climax' or 'answers' arc is like confirming the pace of the plot has been poor, at the very

Kubo's pace is slow. But his work is best read in rapid succession, not in a weekly manner. It should not be judged by chapters, rather by the whole.

Besides, he drops enough hints for the answers to be figured out before he reveals it all.

I don't see these dramatic moments you speak of, by the way.

Every single major event that ever happened in the series? I'd use the word epic too, but that's censored.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 11:57:56 PM

Every single major event that ever happened in the series? I'd use the word epic too, but that's censored.

Zan, there's self-derail here, you can turn off censoring so it can be visible just to that person. Or that could be sarcasim.

However, Bleach seemed too confusing with all these fights going on at once, I've only seen the first, thought it was okay.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 12:24:41 AM
The main characters even talk of it in front of Yammy, which is why he revealed that twist. All in all, Yammy's recent revelation makes perfect sense in giving all of the Espada equal spotlight.

If Yammy was still number 10 it would have been more interesting, seeing Rukia defeated Aaroniero with not a small amount of plot armor, Renji was powerless against Szayel and Chad...huh, is Chad. Just those three against a liberated 10 Yammy with some quirk would have been an interesting battle. Now it's up to plot armor or the rest of characters stuck in Hueco Mundo to save the day again.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 01:12:47 AM
Zan, there's self-derail here, you can turn off censoring so it can be visible just to that person. Or that could be sarcasim.

I was joking. ButI still don't like how it reads highly enjoyable for everyone else >.>

If Yammy was still number 10 it would have been more interesting, seeing Rukia defeated Aaroniero with not a small amount of plot armor, Renji was powerless against Szayel and Chad...huh, is Chad. Just those three against a liberated 10 Yammy with some quirk would have been an interesting battle. Now it's up to plot armor or the rest of characters stuck in Hueco Mundo to save the day again.

Each of them already got their chance to shine against the Exequias and Espadas. I don't see why you wouldn't welcome such a nice opportunity for Unohana to long-awaitedly 'save the day.'