Protodude's Ramblings #5

Protodude · 5025

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: March 14, 2009, 05:34:18 PM
It's time for your weekly week in review! Very slow bits of news lately as things become increasingly quiet on the Rockman front. I wonder, when we wil learn of Coro Coro's mystery game?

ESRB Rates Marvel vs. Capcom 2 For 360, PS3

Back in mid October, the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) mysteriously re-listed MvC2 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. What does this mean? Well, if we take the other day's news into consideration, this could be a sure fire sign that an HD remix of the title is coming along.

To make matters a little more interesting, NeoGaf members discovered that MvC2 showed up on PartnerNet, a special version of Xbox Live used on 360 developmet kits.

GameStop Tentatively Dates Mega Man Star Force 3

Although Capcom USA have yet to announce an official release date, GameStop's online listings indicate that Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace and Red Joker are slated for a June 9th, 2009 release in North America.

This should come as great news for those of you eagerly awaiting the third (and possibly final) iteration in the Star Force series. Bear in mind, this date could change upon Capcom's whim, so take this with a grain of salt for now.

Hitoshi Ariga Reveals New Pet Project

It's been a little while since we last heard from Hitoshi Ariga, creator of the ever classic Rockman Megamix comics. What's he been up to lately?

Besides feverishly creating the newest Megamix volume, Ariga is apparently working on a small side project entitled, “Rockman Development Secrets: The Men who Created Rockman."

The project will presumably chronicle the secrets behind Rockman's history and development, planned to be included within the pages of Megamix 4. Ariga states he wanted to make a similar book over fifteen years ago, but due to a number of circumstances the project never came to be.

As a small bonus, Ariga plans to make a parody comic called, “Secrets of the Rockman Development Secrets : The Man who Depicts the Men Who Created Rockman" (talk about tongue tied), a fictional dramatization of his encounters with the Infaune and other Rockman staff. Sounds like fun.

Ariga hopes to bring more information to us soon.

Capcom Very Happy With Mega Man 9's Sales Numbers

Destructoid sat down with Capcom's Seth Killian to discuss a number of issues, the most noteworthy being Capcom's impressions with Mega Man 9's sales:

D: While on the topic of Mega Man 9 secrets, Capcom has been pretty secretive about how well the game sold. Is there anything you can tell us about how successful the game was, like which console the game sold best on, and if it meet Capcom’s sales expectations?

SK: We don’t discuss specific numbers, but we were definitely happy with the sales of Mega Man 9. I can tell you it was our best-selling title ever on Wiiware (also our only title there so far.)

I think it's safe to assume MM9's sales will spell out the beginning of more games from the classic series. Bring on Mega Man 10!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 05:44:59 PM
Come onnnnnnnnnn MegaMan 10.

Come onnnnnnnnnnn more Playable Blues!

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 05:46:23 PM
and with Rock10, more idiots that believe in that silly bob and george fanfaggotry.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 07:28:20 PM
June 9th for Star Force 3? I hope it either stays at that date or releases earlier, that way I can get it before travelling to Europe!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 11:13:39 PM
and with Rock10, more idiots that believe in that silly bob and george fanfaggotry.
and no amount of Inafune rebuttals will stop them either. which is sad.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 12:41:32 AM
Back in mid October, the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) mysteriously re-listed MvC2 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. What does this mean? Well, if we take the other day's news into consideration, this could be a sure fire sign that an HD remix of the title is coming along.

Oh I do hope you're right, I never got to play any of the Marvel vs. series, save for MvC 1 wich was (and propably still is) in the Cinema's arcade room.

Come onnnnnnnnnn MegaMan 10.

Come onnnnnnnnnnn more Playable Blues!

If they do make a MegaMan 10, they better have Roll and/or Bass playable too. And the graphics should be in the style of WarioLand shake it! Good old 2D eye-candy.

Offline TheMogX

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 01:50:43 AM
WOW, just WOW at the MvC2 news. I was hopping something like this happen. But this game is damn fast and have broken combos, in case they add online play, my only question is going to be is theres gonna be GOOD online gameplay? Because SF2HD Remix and SF4 both have solid online gameplay.

Capcom happy with sales numbers?! expect another game soon. Hell yeah!

Thanks for all the info.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 02:17:18 AM
also, from Protodude's blog, It seems Capcom USA is trying against all odds to bring tatsunoko vs Capcom to the US.
"should not rule [a North American release] out. That is all I can say right now. I can't say it's happening definitively. I couldn't give you a time frame, but as badly as the fans want it, we want to bring it."
that last line warms my heart.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 03:38:05 AM
and no amount of Inafune rebuttals will stop them either. which is sad.

Hey, cheer up.  At least it'll prove that the X in Mega Man X does not mean 10, once and for all.

Unless someone also tries to claim that since Mega Man X2 would literally mean Mega Man 10 + 2 = 12, its prequel Mega Man X must really be Mega Man X1 or Mega Man 11... But that would just be silly, and easily refuted by releasing Mega Man 11 OH BOY!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 04:04:13 AM
not to the ones that like Cataclysm n00bs, refuse to listen to the CRE-[tornado fang]ing-ATOR of the character himself. >_>;

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 05:31:50 AM
Why listen to the creator rather than the people who have to actually play the games, huh?   :V