Setsuna F. Seiei · 677817

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3550 on: January 06, 2013, 10:17:56 AM
Only eight more years until I'm 40.  I'll no doubt still be single then, too.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3551 on: January 06, 2013, 10:18:41 AM
Boy I just made myself sound like an [dark hold].

Wouldn't be the first time, though.

I've noticed this, when I get upset about something or other, I get really [tornado fang]ing pissed off and act like an ass.

I have issues taking bad news, for example. And because of that, I become an unlikeable douche whenever something bad happens to me.

So not just am I an ass and a douche, I'm also an egotistical [tornado fang] who apparently is so high and mighty he cannot take a single bad thing in his life or he will [sonic slicer] and moan.

I apologize.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3552 on: January 06, 2013, 10:30:58 AM
You're also too hard on yourself!

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3553 on: January 06, 2013, 10:36:08 AM
I honestly think I'm more of a selfish [sonic slicer] than you think you are.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3554 on: January 06, 2013, 10:37:14 AM
You're also too hard on yourself!

I wouldn't have to be if people told me what was wrong with me.

I would've taken those friendzonings in high school a lot easier if the people responsible for them would've just told me why I'm apparently undatable to their oh-so-high standards.

Granted if any of those had blossomed into relationships anyway they probably would've ended in bad [parasitic bomb], but I still would've liked to know why.

Archer

Reply #3555 on: January 06, 2013, 10:41:39 AM

I would've taken those friendzonings in high school a lot easier if the people responsible for them would've just told me why I'm apparently undatable to their oh-so-high standards.

Granted if any of those had blossomed into relationships anyway they probably would've ended in bad [parasitic bomb], but I still would've liked to know why.

The problem here seems to be that you think something is wrong with you, rather than everyone else.

Just because you get rejected it doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. Maybe they just didn't like you that way? There can be no real reason for these things you know.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3556 on: January 06, 2013, 10:46:42 AM
I honestly think I'm more of a selfish [sonic slicer] than you think you are.

You? Really? You don't seem like it at all!

Pretty much what Ruri said above. There's also the possibility that they might see you as undateable due to said negativity towards yourself. No offense or anything, but the majority of girls I've known in my life do not like to date negative people. Low self esteem is not a turn on. It usually leads to drama and most people like to avoid that in relationships.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3557 on: January 06, 2013, 11:03:59 AM
Well, from my experience, my negativity is purely based on how I get dealt a shitty hand.

I get a Job interview, I'm able to throw away my negativity, I'm able to SMILE and speak up.
I don't hear back, or get sent an AUTOMATED email saying "We don't feel you fit our needs", That negativity comes rolling back in.

I meet a girl I like, I perk up, and I'm happy.
Friendzoned, you get what you see before you.

Granted, these are purely first-world problems and I know that other people get dealt far shittier hands than me.
But disregarding that, I wouldn't be so [tornado fang]ing cynical if I didn't have a reason to be cynical.

I've been told COUNTLESS times by my parents that I have nothing to be so pissy about.
I agree with them, but they think that if I believe that I am depressed that I should seek help.

Yeah, okay, how about no?
I don't want help from a [tornado fang]ing guy in a chair who thinks he knows how the human brain works because he was taught psychology.
I don't want help from a "Doctor" who's best "help" would be a prescription to an expensive medicine that doesn't do anything so he can squeeze more money out of my parents while supposedly "helping" me.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3558 on: January 06, 2013, 11:33:29 AM
Here's the thing though. Mind you, I do not have all the facts since this is purely based on from what I've seen online. From what I can gather, you have a very low opinion of yourself due to this or that. Job interviews will always suck and during your lifetime you'll be hired and rejected from numerous positions. Not every girl will be into you or see you as more than a friend. Some even might see you as more than a friend then break up with you later on. Even the best looking, most confident guys deal with that all the time. How you deal with these problems tends to define what kind of personality you have, and judging by how you say you react to these situations and other instances, you think very poorly of yourself. Whether they're first world problems and no matter how big or little your shitty hand is compared to others, what matters most is your reaction to them. I honestly cannot blame you either, judging by what you've said about how your parents treat you and such.

Please keep in mind that I'm not trying to be hurtful or insulting in any way. Hell, you seem to already recognize this, which is good. I'm just trying to relay why you might get friendzoned and such. And again it might have absolutely nothing to do with it. Like Ruri said, these things can have no real rhyme or reason. All I'm trying to convey is that regardless of smiles and happiness, women do tend to notice a person with low self-esteem. People do in general.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3559 on: January 06, 2013, 11:37:34 AM
On the medication front...  Medication isn't a cure-all.  It should be paired with therapy.  Granted, my medication isn't currently paired with therapy, though I've been on it long enough to know that I don't particularly like the person that I become while off of my meds. 

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3560 on: January 06, 2013, 11:40:46 AM
All I'm trying to convey is that regardless of smiles and happiness, women do tend to notice a person with low self-esteem. People do in general.

I guess there's only so far you can pretend that nothing is wrong by covering up whatever problems you have with a shallow smile.
Soon enough the cracks start to show and the facade fades away.

Maybe... all I need is time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3561 on: January 06, 2013, 11:53:11 AM
Time is good!

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #3562 on: January 06, 2013, 12:10:04 PM
I don't believe in fake smiles, personally. I just go out of my way to make a real smile by cracking jokes, no matter how crappy they are (usually very in my case). I don't exactly have much in the way of self-esteem, but I usually try not to let it get to me too much. It's too easy to get dragged down by that sort of thing, not to mention the loads of other things that aim to do so. Just not worth it.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3563 on: January 06, 2013, 12:18:16 PM
My self-esteem isn't very high, either.  I've been working at it, though.  What I found that helps is taking joy in the little things.  There's bound to be something out there that makes you smile.  Cute, cuddly animals, taking long walks through the woods and listening to the birds... 

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3564 on: January 06, 2013, 12:26:39 PM
My hobby of figure-collecting is what makes me happy.

Having miniature characters that I can pose or move around, I don't know it makes me smile.
I like having them around, and I'm the only one in my family who doesn't see them as stupid or worthless.

I hate when my things are called stupid and worthless.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3565 on: January 06, 2013, 12:31:49 PM
It's a control thing.  Little creatures you have full control over.  Delicious power...

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3566 on: January 06, 2013, 12:35:55 PM
Its sort of hard to keep plastic figures that are big bright and colorful that arrive in packages every month hidden from people who come into my room.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3567 on: January 06, 2013, 12:40:39 PM
Doesn't matter to them, they think everything I buy is a waste of money.

The Wii U, "Why did you waste money on a console that's brand new?" Not like they were going to buy me one.

Any of my figures, "Why do you keep pre-ordering that crap?"

Games... actually they don't comment on games.

I'm pretty sure they would've commented on my Genesis if they had ever seen it.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3568 on: January 06, 2013, 01:05:08 PM
A friend of mine doesn't want to enter my living room due to my insect collection.  He's terrified of it.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3569 on: January 06, 2013, 01:09:30 PM
A friend of mine doesn't want to enter my living room due to my insect collection.  He's terrified of it.
Smart guy.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3570 on: January 06, 2013, 01:19:38 PM
They're preserved (re: dead) specimens, displayed under glass.  You're safe. :P

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #3571 on: January 06, 2013, 02:54:33 PM
Kawaii, I'm not sure how to help aside from saying cheap [parasitic bomb] like "you're not alone, I'm in a similar shitty situation" and then bitching more. But you did describe a few things I'm feeling terrible about myself.

And I couldn't agree more with your views on dating.
< is a hopeless romantic himself

EDIT: goddamn page bump

what

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3572 on: January 06, 2013, 08:19:03 PM
I should thank everybody for putting up with making the thread my personal bitchbox.

I get that I'm hard in myself and that I need to work on that.

Anyway thanks again.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3573 on: January 06, 2013, 08:20:19 PM
Eh don't worry, the "What are you Thinking Now" thread was my personal rant box before the upset thread was created.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #3574 on: January 06, 2013, 08:22:41 PM
I should thank everybody for putting up with making the thread my personal bitchbox.
Personally I'm surprised I still haven't done so, I figured they would get annoyed too. Goes to show how pretty cool this community is, I guess.
And you're welcome.

On-topic, I have a procrastination problem I'm currently dealing with.

what