Reply #2225 on: June 09, 2010, 10:57:51 PM
It means: ROUND 1! FIGHT! :P

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2226 on: June 09, 2010, 11:14:57 PM
What's that supposed to mean?

I aim to be the number one writer/poet/storyteller/any/all of the above on RPM. I shall not rest until I have achieved that goal! And even then I probably won't.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #2227 on: June 09, 2010, 11:17:59 PM
Um, that wasn't a challenge. That was a statement. Especially since this is the one thing I have going for me.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2228 on: June 09, 2010, 11:21:53 PM
First you declare a chalenge and now you back off? Seriously!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2229 on: June 09, 2010, 11:26:32 PM
Um, that wasn't a challenge. That was a statement. Especially since this is the one thing I have going for me.
You said you "aim" to be. So it's a statement that you "aim" to be the best writer in RPM. I kinda write for a living, so I thought "well, why the heck not?"

Didn't you say in the other topic you were thinking of putting on a little writing contest? You got a participant.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2230 on: June 09, 2010, 11:28:52 PM
Didn't you say in the other topic you were thinking of putting on a little writing contest? You got a participant.

Well, thank you, but I only have two in that case. I'd need at least four or five for a proper contest. And even then I'd probably need permission to host something like that.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2231 on: June 09, 2010, 11:29:50 PM
But when you are going to be the host then there is no chance for you to win!

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2232 on: June 09, 2010, 11:38:23 PM
No, I wasn't going to enter, I was going to host it and see if anybody would enter and...

Oh, forget it. It was a pretty stupid dream anyway, and life seems to enjoy showing me that following your hopes and dreams is a fool's game anyway. I try to prove it wrong, but what do I know...

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2233 on: June 09, 2010, 11:42:45 PM
No, I wasn't going to enter, I was going to host it and see if anybody would enter and...

Oh, forget it. It was a pretty stupid dream anyway, and life seems to enjoy showing me that following your hopes and dreams is a fool's game anyway. I try to prove it wrong, but what do I know...
"Wahwahwahwahwahwahwaaaah"

There are always people willing to write something nice. Wrangle up some of them, set a story type and topic, set the rules, and set the delivery date.

BTW, any of your work I can sample?

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #2234 on: June 09, 2010, 11:43:46 PM
I'd join a writing contest. Maybe.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2235 on: June 10, 2010, 12:02:46 AM
No, I mean wanting to be the best.

I know it's stupid and egotistical and stuff, but it's the one thing I had going for me. It's the one thing I had to aim towards. I can't draw amazingly like other people, I can't sing, I can't dance...all I can do is write. Without that, well, what do I have to strive towards? I don't show people my poetry in real life because most people don't understand it and I feel like a pretentious worm...I only show it here because I feel people can understand it better. It's not just a hobby, it's an outlet for my feelings. Sometimes it's the only thing that helps me not crawl into the corner and just cry in frustration. Besides that, I can't stand being part of the crowd. I want to stand out and make myself known in a unique way. I can't do that in real life because I'm restrained and people make fun of and bully me for it, so I have to do it here, online. I've never really been known for anything before, and if I could be known and remember as being that one really great writer, well, that would make me happy beyond words.

I feel like I've betrayed myself. I made a promise to myself that I would always follow my dreams and never give up hope, just like my avatar character would do. I made him not just because I wanted a powerful hero to star in my stories, but because he represents everything I wish I was but that I'm either too weak or scared or pathetic to become. I promised myself I would never give into despair and that I wouldn't let other people get to me, but look at me now. I feel empty inside over something as trivial as a little healthy competition. I feel stupid and whiny and selfish and disgusting, and I feel like I've betrayed my own ideals and done myself a massive injustice. I wish I was more like Lucky Starlight or Bon Jovi, somebody who doesn't let stuff like this bother him and who overcomes their personal demons and makes themselves known. But I'm just some guy who fancies himself a writer, and it's moments like that that really drag me down. Realising that I've forsaken my ideals more than I'd like to admit makes me feel empty and horrid inside. It's times like these I just want to break down and cry I know I can't win everything, and I accept that. I don't want to win everything. I just want to be known for something, but maybe that's just me being a selfish, greedy little fuckstart again.

And in the morning I'll feel fine again and forget about all of this [parasitic bomb] until it comes back to bite me in the ass again. Sometimes I wonder what I even bother for. Then I remember why. And then I forget again. It's a viscious cycle of idealistic dream-pursuing and being dragged back down to earth again, and sometimes I feel like hope itself has betrayed me.

"Hell would be easy if not for hope."

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2236 on: June 10, 2010, 12:15:27 AM
No, I mean wanting to be the best.

I know it's stupid and egotistical and stuff, but it's the one thing I had going for me. It's the one thing I had to aim towards. I can't draw amazingly like other people, I can't sing, I can't dance...all I can do is write. Without that, well, what do I have to strive towards? I don't show people my poetry in real life because most people don't understand it and I feel like a pretentious worm...I only show it here because I feel people can understand it better. It's not just a hobby, it's an outlet for my feelings. Sometimes it's the only thing that helps me not crawl into the corner and just cry in frustration. Besides that, I can't stand being part of the crowd. I want to stand out and make myself known in a unique way. I can't do that in real life because I'm restrained and people make fun of and bully me for it, so I have to do it here, online. I've never really been known for anything before, and if I could be known and remember as being that one really great writer, well, that would make me happy beyond words.

I feel like I've betrayed myself. I made a promise to myself that I would always follow my dreams and never give up hope, just like my avatar character would do. I made him not just because I wanted a powerful hero to star in my stories, but because he represents everything I wish I was but that I'm either too weak or scared or pathetic to become. I promised myself I would never give into despair and that I wouldn't let other people get to me, but look at me now. I feel empty inside over something as trivial as a little healthy competition. I feel stupid and whiny and selfish and disgusting, and I feel like I've betrayed my own ideals and done myself a massive injustice. I wish I was more like Lucky Starlight or Bon Jovi, somebody who doesn't let stuff like this bother him and who overcomes their personal demons and makes themselves known. But I'm just some guy who fancies himself a writer, and it's moments like that that really drag me down. Realising that I've forsaken my ideals more than I'd like to admit makes me feel empty and horrid inside. It's times like these I just want to break down and cry I know I can't win everything, and I accept that. I don't want to win everything. I just want to be known for something, but maybe that's just me being a selfish, greedy little fuckstart again.

And in the morning I'll feel fine again and forget about all of this [parasitic bomb] until it comes back to bite me in the ass again. Sometimes I wonder what I even bother for. Then I remember why. And then I forget again. It's a viscious cycle of idealistic dream-pursuing and being dragged back down to earth again, and sometimes I feel like hope itself has betrayed me.

"Hell would be easy if not for hope."
You think anybody's gonna fight for you to be the best besides yourself?

People who are the best spend less time complaining and more time working on it. If you truly want to be the best, you're gonna work on it, it doesn't matter if it's in a competition or in your own textbook, it doesn't matter if it's on the computer or in the dirtiest piece of paper you have. Just WRITE. I've been through tons of stupid little internships for several writers for years, wrote silly advertising and stuff I still blush by seeing. I got a few published articles, nothing much to show for it, and tons of pieces of fiction constantly updated day and night. I WRITE. Because that's the only thing you can do if you want to be the best at something. Doing it. Talking about it isn't going to help, nor thinking how you feel about it, nor trying to understand that feeling. If you want to be the best, fight for it. Don't mope around.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2237 on: June 10, 2010, 12:23:59 AM
You think I don't know that? I'm sorry, but I don't need anybody telling me how to pursue my dreams. I never asked for any challenge. I was just saying something that I now greatly regret.

I wish I never brought this up. Every time I open my mouth I just get myself into trouble.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2238 on: June 10, 2010, 12:54:31 AM
You think I don't know that? I'm sorry, but I don't need anybody telling me how to pursue my dreams. I never asked for any challenge. I was just saying something that I now greatly regret.

I wish I never brought this up. Every time I open my mouth I just get myself into trouble.
Then stop whining. When people whine on net forums, they normally either ask for advice, or help. I'm currently willing to help you with both, and tried to give you some encouragement. If you're gonna be rude and go "don't tell me how to live my life", then stop bitching about your life on internet forums and say how you're aiming to be the best writer around here if you don't want people to tell you things.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2239 on: June 10, 2010, 01:02:15 AM
Sorry. I guess I got carried away there. No harm intended. ^w^;;

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2240 on: June 10, 2010, 01:06:55 AM
Sorry. I guess I got carried away there. No harm intended. ^w^;;
Apology accepted. I WOULD like to see some of your work sometime, though.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2241 on: June 10, 2010, 01:07:30 AM
Apology accepted. I WOULD like to see some of your work sometime, though.
http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=231.0

just go to the later pages for his writings

Offline MadManX

• Supporter of Everything Epic!
  • Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #2242 on: June 10, 2010, 06:38:08 AM
Personally, I wouldn't mind joining a writing contest. Granted, I don't WRITE my fanfiction ideas, but at school when I need to, I usually pull off A-worthy essays for having a goal in mind, as well as a topic. Would help get some practice when I decide to write original scripts...

...though editing, that's another story. And something I should REALLY work on!  -u-'

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2243 on: June 10, 2010, 07:51:12 AM
I have no new games, and when I do get new games I almost always finish them too quick or never play beyond a certain point out of boredom.

Offline Fariator

• Freelancer.
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #2244 on: June 11, 2010, 04:55:49 AM
I'm rather obsessed fan of mechas, and Transformers especially (for a reason or another I don't like Gundam, though).

Due to that fact, I happened to play the demo of Transformers: War for Cybertron for seven hours. It's been a good while since I have really liked an online multiplayer shooter.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2245 on: June 11, 2010, 04:59:47 AM
I'm rather obsessed fan of mechas, and Transformers especially (for a reason or another I don't like Gundam, though).

Due to that fact, I happened to play the demo of Transformers: War for Cybertron for seven hours. It's been a good while since I have really liked an online multiplayer shooter.
I've never enjoyed most mecha games, except for rare exceptions like Zone of the Enders or Steel Batallion for their sheer brilliance.

...would I like this game? I'm thinking whether or not to spend my 3-month Live Gold card now, because I'm aching to play this.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2246 on: June 11, 2010, 06:18:49 AM
I'm a pirate. Yar.

I have yet to pirate a pirate video game (or rather, a video game about pirates.)

Any recommendations? :P

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2247 on: June 11, 2010, 06:21:07 AM
I'm a pirate. Yar.

I have yet to pirate a pirate video game (or rather, a video game about pirates.)

Any recommendations? :P
"Pirates!"

...by Sid Meyer.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2248 on: June 11, 2010, 06:24:10 AM
It's "Meier" but meh. Details.

Hmm... I'd like a variety here.

RANDOM FACT: I LIKE A WIDE VARIETY OF THINGS!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2249 on: June 11, 2010, 06:26:54 AM
It's "Meier" but meh. Details.

Hmm... I'd like a variety here.

RANDOM FACT: I LIKE A WIDE VARIETY OF THINGS!
Captain Silver for the Master System.