IQ-0 · 17996

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #50 on: October 27, 2013, 10:08:15 PM
Decided to give this thread a go again now that I discovered Pyxel Edit. Added Metal Man's stage based on the pic I saw of it on GameFAQs. I might do a NES scheme version of it too but no guarantees.

Posted on: October 27, 2013, 12:07:02 AM
Added Clashman to the list. Forget doing an NES theme stule on this one.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #51 on: October 28, 2013, 05:18:55 AM
Pyxel Edit? What's the advantage of that than any other standard photo/sprite editing software? Are the other software not helping at all?

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #52 on: October 28, 2013, 09:12:09 AM
One of the biggest advantages is that if you have a tile, you can assign it a number and use it as something like a stamp but the kicker is that if you edit that tile, any other tiles assigned to the same number will change with it.

What I did in the case of Metal Man and Clash Man was right clicked the pic in vgmaps and copied it into PyxelEdit. I would turn on the tile grid to differenciate the tiles then any time I saw a different tile, I would hold Ctrl then click on it to assign it to a number. It will show the tile as a stamp on the right hand side for later use. Since I got a pasted, I placed the numbered tile in place of the matching tile. When it is all said and done, all I got to do is color in that specific tile and the rest is history. I can also see which tiles I missed easier. I coulda used this program when I was doing Woodman's stage.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #53 on: October 28, 2013, 05:25:22 PM
This program must be brand new. Because 1, never heard of it before until now. and 2, looking at the site, it says the beta is now available at the top corner.  So software must still be a work in progress.

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #54 on: October 29, 2013, 12:01:58 AM
Yep it's brand new and still in beta form so it's best to get get it now while it's still $8. So far it took me way less time to get a stage done than I did with Paint and other similar programs.