tssf · 2850

Offline tssf

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: September 19, 2009, 02:59:03 PM
Hi, I swear..this is the last time:

Song Name: Megaman Medley

Description:
I set out to make the ultimate 8-bit Megaman medley. This song has taken my entire knowledge of all Megaman composing techniques, and fused it into one 6 minute and 18 second song. The composition contains one song from every (major) classic Megaman game.

I took great care in the YouTube video to "cancel" channels when sound effects came in. All of this being said, please enjoy. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HDO18Yf1Jg&fmt=22[/youtube]
- MP3 Link
- NSF Link (Track 27)

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 06:10:12 PM
No Bubbleman...  ;^;
Good listen, make a X one. :3

Offline tssf

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 07:46:58 AM
No Bubbleman...  ;^;
Good listen, make a X one. :3

Lol BubbleMan didn't fit the criteria at first. It was going to be "the sharper side" of the enemies, but then I was just trying to get the songs that fit with the medley the most. Cutman, Metalman, Shadowman .. after when I realized some Megaman games didn't have bosses that had things that were sharp and could pierce ..things, I gave up.. MM4's choice selection was because I liked that song :P heh.

Anyway I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this. I dunno if I can make an X medley. If I did, it would definitely be in SNES style.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 08:23:18 AM
Very nicely done medley.
Lovely. :3

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 05:02:36 PM
If I did, it would definitely be in SNES style.
^_^ That would be awsome.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 06:04:02 PM
Pretty cool, although I kinda wish the themes would be more remixed.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 07:21:00 PM
One wonders why you'd intentionally drown out the music with gameplay sound effects when the music is the entire point of it...

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline tssf

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 03:56:35 AM
One wonders why you'd intentionally drown out the music with gameplay sound effects when the music is the entire point of it...

One should also wonder why there's another video listed in the description with just the song featured.

Seriously, you did read the "Game Version" part, correct? The whole point of the video and song was to be a nostalgic trip.  How can you have a nostalgic trip without the actual gameplay from Megaman shining through?

If none of these questions answered your question, and you're still wondering why, then you should probably rethink the reason why you're a Megaman fan. :)

Align: Thank you, the whole point was to keep the original style, and make everything one..long..song though. Besides, Megaman remixes tend to completely ruin the feelings of the original songs.

Thanks for all your positive comments, everyone. I'm also glad this received major acclaim on 8bitcollective. Now, I believe I'm done with all this Megaman music.

Take care!