Megagirl R / ロックガール R (Official Wip Thread)

Gatuca · 270600

Offline VulcanoMan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #675 on: April 13, 2011, 06:48:59 PM
i Tought it was the Wily Machine, cause i had an idea for the Witty Machine.
Okay, NOW I confused.
Who's behind this actually?
Well...MegaMan would prefer Dr Wily.
Why? Because he have stopped him a whopping 18 times (including the RockMan World games, RockMan MegaWorld and MegaMan Soccer),
and he can also do it the 19th time...
Well, for the Wily Machine, I think it can resemble either DrillMan's or GroundMan's head.
Just like MM8-Wily Machine resembles MetalMan's and MM10-Wily Machine PirateMan's head.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #676 on: April 15, 2011, 08:02:18 AM
if you read the story that KudosForce (Thanks Buddy) wrote Pages ago, you will know everything.

Posted on: April 13, 2011, 19:40:00
For those who are interested joining the Project, join me in my facebook account

(check my signature)

So we can start this project for real.

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline HertzDevil

• Banned
  • Net Navi
  • OOPS
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Reply #677 on: April 15, 2011, 05:48:39 PM
Why? Because he have stopped him a whopping 18 times (including the RockMan World games, RockMan MegaWorld and MegaMan Soccer),
and he can also do it the 19th time...
Already.

Rockman & Forte 2: Mirai kara no Chousensha.

And I don't see the reason of signing up at Facebook.

Me bringing up more dA dramas really makes no sense but I guess I KILLED ANOTHER GAME.
YouTube

Offline VulcanoMan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #678 on: April 15, 2011, 06:56:28 PM
Already.

Rockman & Forte 2: Mirai kara no Chousensha.

And I don't see the reason of signing up at Facebook.
Thanks!  owob
I also have an idea of HOW the Wily Machine would work.
It's made of an skull-shaped cockpit (like all the other WMs) with a drill on the skull and two drills.
The drills are connected to the skulls thanks to one "arm" for each drill.
These "arms" are harmless, while the drills...
My idea is the this WM comes out of the ground, just like DrillMan.
And this WM can use its drills as "DrillBombs". And because of their size, they make a big explosion!

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #679 on: April 18, 2011, 08:44:19 AM
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/222/nesmegamanscreen7.png

I did remade the tiles of her stage, and so far is the most colorful ones i did for this project.

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

Offline Stardius

• Lazy and overall passive
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #680 on: April 18, 2011, 06:36:45 PM
That actually looks pretty cool.
Maybe just the top of the towers further in the background could be shaded little more, they look sort of flat

Offline VulcanoMan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #681 on: April 20, 2011, 09:36:12 PM
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/222/nesmegamanscreen7.png

I did remade the tiles of her stage, and so far is the most colorful ones i did for this project.

Here is the delivery!
I also came up with a name for the Amusement Park Stage: "Gelato Park"!

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #682 on: April 21, 2011, 10:51:52 PM
here's a sample of Taichi Woman Stage, (you need to edit the XML files to locate the files because i took them for my directories), this is from the Tesserex engine.

i did re-edit the tiles many time,s tell me if they fit the megaman graphic requirements properly please

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jgl00o

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #683 on: April 24, 2011, 05:31:09 PM
Wow... well, I don't know if anyone else successfully ran your stage, but I have some notes.

1. I think you may have designed the longest RM stage in history. Good job. It just... keeps... going.

2. Many of your joins were messed up, so I had to fix them in the editor. But that's ok.

3. The rock floor you use for the first mini boss and elsewhere is 100% slick, you probably didn't intend that.

4. I love the tiles. The only comment I have is that the blue spirally bars, the ones that look like rebar, in some places where they don't reach the ceiling and there's a black tile above them - it looks like they're just cut off. Maybe you should make a half tile, with the top half black for shadow. Or even just dimmed if you have enough palette for it. Or, you could cap them with a spike or something. Sorry I can't tell you whether your tiles are true to NES limits, I don't know enough about that.

5. You tend to use a lot of screens taller than 14 tiles which didn't exist in the original games. That's fine, but in some places the scrolling is weird. Maybe some of those screens can be redesigned so not much action takes place in the middle section? Like you do stuff at the bottom, climb a ladder, and then go across the top. Just because jumping across blocks at the center is disorienting with the screen going up and down.

6. Your strange screen sizes have also exposed some bugs in my engine for scrolling them. And in my editor, while I was trying to fix your joins. I'll get to fixing those soon.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #684 on: May 18, 2011, 06:18:18 AM
about the lenght of the stages, yeah i dont know why but i felt the stages in megaman games were quite short, specialy some one the ones found in megaman 2, ill try to have at least 2 areas for every stage, because one of the things that i loved about megaman 5 and 6, is that the stage do seem like they are really progressing in the sense of deep and ambiental aura, because i fell to give the stages a less closed level feeling.

as for the larger screen, well, i intent my game to have 8 way scrolling in some areas, just to have a few levels in some more emphasis on exploring if it's that possible, i know a lot of people would tell me that is not true NES limits, but i just wanted to trow some new stuff while having it look retro but still seeming fresh at the same time, in fact i want to reveal a secret :P

[spoiler]there's gonna be at least 2 metroidvania style levels and two levels when you go from right to left.[/spoilers]

but of course i accept suggestions, in fact one of the things with bothers me a bit is the making of tiles, because i want them to have an authenthic Megaman 5-6 look, not just the shading, but the form of the tiles as well, and tiles that create bagkgrounds objects, not just single tiles as single objects :P, in fact, i need to tell you guys something,

[spoiler]If it's ok if i studie the tiles for megaman's 7 & 8 FC, at least the block circuit floor tiles to have an idea how to make them properly and make them look truly megamanish, NOT triying to use those or STOLE, nor EDIT those, is just that looking at my old tilesets, THEY dont looked like they belonged in a megaman game.[/spoiler].

Posted on: April 25, 2011, 05:06:25
guys, i really need to say this now, im glad for all the support i be given with the project, even tough is little, but i cant seem to go any further right now, i really dont want to cancel the whole thing because this is one of my dreams, but i really cant stand how incredibly laggy and slow my computer is, and really it seems that for the most part, i feel alone in making the assets like tilessets and sprites, and on top on that, my computer cant run the engine for testing, so what's the point.

im sorry about this, i need to get a much better computer guys, and the truth is, i dont have a job, and because of how slow and pasmatic my machine is, i spend whole day on the computer and do little within the poject and other things, i cant stand this anymore.

please guys, forgive me for this, i also was not satisfied with the look of most of my tiles because i saw those, and they dont seem to fit a megaman game.

im sorry about this guys, i promise the project will come back not so long in the future when i get done with the things in my life, and better organize this thing, because i know that most people are already bussy with his other pojects, i really dint want to do this,  :'(m but right now the situation gave me no option.

ill still interact within the group of this forum, and i want to thank everyone who gave me support

NebulaBlack, Vixynyan, Tesserex, Mex, Kudosforce, hbnf2, stardius and others that i cant remember right now.

see you guys later.

Posted on: May 18, 2011, 03:04:07 AM
UPDATE: hey guys after thinkin a bit more, i decided that the project is not officially canceled, but im not going to post anything unless i actually have done something that could be considered a real update, and that's not gonna happen until i get a better computer so i can translate all my assets to the engine and start working on the levels and time, in the meantime i need to work on other things and get a job guys.

so for now, the project is locked until new announcement, thanks for your attention.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #685 on: May 18, 2011, 04:37:40 PM
Awww Gatuca~ Sad to see you go :<

Good luck with getting a better computer, and best wishes in the job department >w< I think that if you have a dream you should never give up on it because it's dreams that keep people going ='D

Offline VulcanoMan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #686 on: May 18, 2011, 07:08:51 PM
guys, i really need to say this now, im glad for all the support i be given with the project, even tough is little, but i cant seem to go any further right now, i really dont want to cancel the whole thing because this is one of my dreams, but i really cant stand how incredibly laggy and slow my computer is, and really it seems that for the most part, i feel alone in making the assets like tilessets and sprites, and on top on that, my computer cant run the engine for testing, so what's the point.

im sorry about this, i need to get a much better computer guys, and the truth is, i dont have a job, and because of how slow and pasmatic my machine is, i spend whole day on the computer and do little within the poject and other things, i cant stand this anymore.

please guys, forgive me for this, i also was not satisfied with the look of most of my tiles because i saw those, and they dont seem to fit a megaman game.

im sorry about this guys, i promise the project will come back not so long in the future when i get done with the things in my life, and better organize this thing, because i know that most people are already bussy with his other pojects, i really dint want to do this,  :'(m but right now the situation gave me no option.

ill still interact within the group of this forum, and i want to thank everyone who gave me support

NebulaBlack, Vixynyan, Tesserex, Mex, Kudosforce, hbnf2, stardius and others that i cant remember right now.

see you guys later.

Posted on: May 18, 2011, 03:04:07 AM
UPDATE: hey guys after thinkin a bit more, i decided that the project is not officially canceled, but im not going to post anything unless i actually have done something that could be considered a real update, and that's not gonna happen until i get a better computer so i can translate all my assets to the engine and start working on the levels and time, in the meantime i need to work on other things and get a job guys.

so for now, the project is locked until new announcement, thanks for your attention.
Wow, never knew that you have a laggy computer, too.
Well, just like Krys, good luck getting a better computer...or even better, a notebook!

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #687 on: May 18, 2011, 10:48:11 PM
You could... try cleaning your PC?

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #688 on: May 19, 2011, 12:11:09 AM
You could... try cleaning your PC?

Nope....Did it 3 times already and it dint work, my computer is from 2001, and its only 700mhz and even i have 220MB of Memory Ram, it seems that it only uses 64MB of Memory Ram, because of it, it refuses to run the Tesserex Game Engine, seriously, and on top off that, if i do something or not, the PC lags and spasm for minutes sometimes, even by doing minimal actions such as minimizing windows or navigating certain pages etc.

you guys need to believe this, it lags incredibly when im editing on photoshop specially if i do something else, and o top of that my sister came here and uses the same computer for all day.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #689 on: May 19, 2011, 01:22:27 AM
Yeah, photoshop will kill you dead with such a tiny amount of ram. Upgrading ram would help, but you'd be better off getting a new PC all together. I could personally clean that setup up enough to be workable, but at some point you just have to admit the hardware needs a complete replacement.

Why the hell haven't you upgraded in such a long time???

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #690 on: May 19, 2011, 01:37:05 AM
Why the hell haven't you upgraded in such a long time???

Um money mayhaps? '>.>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #691 on: May 19, 2011, 03:53:47 AM
You can go to Walmart and pick up a laptop for 300$. Or even a netbook for like 100-200$. Either choice would be at least 10 times better then what they have now.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #692 on: May 19, 2011, 05:47:31 AM
Yeah a computer capable of running my engine is pretty cheap now. My mom just got a new laptop for $500 that's about as good as mine (2 yrs old, $1200 at the time). But I understand that for a lot of people even a few hundred is hard to come by. I certainly look forward to seeing you back!

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #693 on: May 19, 2011, 07:52:44 AM
well yes guys, i am a poor bastard, my dad only gives me 50 pesos per week (less then 4 dollars), and how the hell am i supposed to make money there, and here getting a job is a pain in the ass, as here they lie to you about calling you when they have vacancy for work and they don't.

In the meantime i ask for not locking the thread just yet since i need to collect some early stuff for the future.

In the meantime i will post stuff in my sprite thread stuff when i can guys

thank you.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #694 on: May 19, 2011, 06:16:32 PM
If you want money ever in your life, you'll just have to put up with jobs being a pain in the ass. That's what they are everywhere.

I did a ton of on the side work and made good money doing so. I never had an official job till after I got out of college. Observe your community, find something in demand, and just do it at a competitive yet profitable price. Business basics. Break out that entrepreneur spirit. You have a ton of time now since you're not working on the project currently.

You also need to learn to save instead of spending right away. Minimize your costs, and cut back on everything you usually spend on. Forgo that latest game, don't buy that candy, eat out less frequently, etc.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline chimera_king

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #695 on: September 06, 2011, 05:43:41 AM
Is this project still ago or has it entered Development Hell? I would LOVE to see it finished and played!

Offline Rockara

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Reply #696 on: September 08, 2011, 09:51:09 PM
can't wait for this game

PORCUPINES ARE GOD!!!!

Offline chimera_king

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #697 on: September 09, 2011, 06:21:42 PM
Nevermind I found the Deviant Art Page...woo hoo..so how DOES one commission / beg for 8 bit sprites?

Btw I like Swan Woman much better then Feather Woman; not sure if your going to replace Tai Chi Woman with a similar theme or if your going for a whole new one. I very much hope all new :) But then again I am not much of a fan for some of the odd female robot masters out there.

A few people I know are making their own Rockman / Mega Man clone fan games...gotta love it..over 30 out there and counting, including the one I started with Game Maker recently. Sadly sprites and tiles are my biggest problem, I am more of a plan and designer and not much of an end-producer. Although to be fair I have come up with the most original I could muster for RM's..as a sample I have Harvest Man  & Caustic Woman. Yup....I am boring, traditional, and practical :p still doing an 8-bit country-style rural stage song has become a pain....AHEM Rockman R: Roll / Mega Girl R looks to be a FUN game...and with the shout out to her Wish Upon A Star appearance I do hope its just as fun! I know I will play it! Twice!

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #698 on: September 09, 2011, 06:33:37 PM
Why are you guys bumping this thread with useless posts like that?

Offline Sebamkfan

• Chronologically Confused =P
  • Cyberelf
  • Spriter + Composer, epic pack
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Reply #699 on: September 11, 2011, 05:05:56 PM
It could be interesting to see the "Witty Machine", I wonder how it could be modeled, after all, it's not a Wily Machine, so I guess it could look a bit different

Didn't they test this user before they released it?