Acid · 15680

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 04:24:13 AM
Pretty simple. I'd take the Mario & Luigi mechanics (plot and gameplay wise), and Make a game about Quint and Enker, who are now professional archeologists that dig for stuff (giving Quint's PoGo stick and Enker's lance some use), and somehow wind up in a warped reality (everything being ruled by potatoes) and they explore a bit.

Then, chaos insues by a Fawful Jenhova's witness. everything else continues from there.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 07:53:22 AM
OMG SO RANDUM XD

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 08:08:14 AM
It would be a smash hit.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 09:28:04 PM
The Quint thing reminds me, I had an idea about Enker showing up in the X series, and has to struggle (being a Wily bot) choosing between right and wrong.

It's one thing to put blatant darkness in the story; it's another to make it a character struggle, especially when Zero's already on the good team.
its been done.
sorta.
http://www.coloringdragons.com/enker/page001.htm

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 01:18:50 AM
Bah, everything's already been done.  Now let's do everything again, but better!

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: February 01, 2009, 02:20:37 AM
That's already been done, too.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 01, 2009, 04:20:15 AM
too true.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 01, 2009, 09:33:04 AM
All right, then let's do everything all over again, but WORSE!

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: February 01, 2009, 12:17:11 PM
Now we're talking business. Hell, we could even make a thread about what would take to make us hate our favourite titles.

Archer

Reply #34 on: February 01, 2009, 12:19:50 PM
Now we're talking business. Hell, we could even make a thread about what would take to make us hate our favourite titles.
Truly, this is an award winning prospect.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: February 01, 2009, 01:04:19 PM
Spiked-Wall Man.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 03:11:34 PM
Spiked-Wall Man.
but that would make everything SO much better...

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 01:06:56 PM

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: February 02, 2009, 01:18:41 PM

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 01:32:02 PM

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: February 02, 2009, 02:18:14 PM

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: February 03, 2009, 01:07:02 AM
My game?

Well, it would be a spin-off of the X series. Since the "Elf Wars" has been described as an event that takes place over the course of an undefined moment at the end of the Maverick Wars, and then takes place over the course of a 4 year span before Weil and Omega are dealt with, that could be enough of a window to explore exactly what kind of tragic conflict eventually made it so that 90% of Reploids and 60% of Humans were all wiped out.

My ideal way of exploring that? By adapting Rockman X to the "Gundam Vs." engine, and making for a nice arcade-style, arena action game, not too much unlike Virtual ON. You'd still deal with Boss Mavericks at the end of a level/map, but in just a different context. And you'd have to fight your way through a bunch of their peons in a series of fights, before you'd get the "right" to fight them, and steal their abilities/Cyber Elves for yourself. 

And of course, X and Zero would be a part of this (and would be the high-cost, high-reward units to deploy in the Gundam Vs. style of play). But the desperate times would call for more players to join the fight (and make for more different play styles). If ever was a good time to bring the likes of Dynamo, and the cool peeps from Command Mission back, this would certainly be a good time. Hell, since most of these characters are probably going to meet their unfortunate demises by the end of all this, you might as well have a "Create-a-Char" option too.  8D

Seeing how well Capcom has utilized the Gundam Vs. engine thus far, and is going to use again, in the upcoming Sengoku BASARA Battle Heroes on PSP, I'd like to see what they could do, utilizing the venerable Rockman brand, instead. And besides, people have been clamoring for some way to make a Rockman multiplayer/Vs. game, and well, this is one idea I could certainly get behind.  8)

Besides, I'm sure Capcom also would like to be able to craft such a game that would be able to use the engine, without having to share profits with Bamco (due to the Gundam license).

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: February 03, 2009, 01:08:53 AM
Ben, I totally love it when you post!   8)

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: February 03, 2009, 01:25:10 AM
XD TY

But any way, I say, my idea would be a match made in heaven. Capcom knows Rockman X does well pretty much everywhere, but especially in the West. The Gundam Vs. formula is great stuff as well, too bad exposure in the West is sparse, thanks to the Gundam brand not being nearly as lucrative over here (and I'm sure hardly any of y'all played Gotcha Force, which makes me even sadder...  ;O;).

In any case, this could just be a bunch of kick-ass, multiplayer awesome, starring the Rockman X brand. Apply copious amounts of multiplatform release on Wii/PS3/360 and online support for all 3, and this would be gravy. Oh, and the Son of Gilbert would get a chance to do some more screaming and shouting as Zero. EVERYBODY wins!  8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: February 03, 2009, 01:27:02 AM
XD TY

But any way, I say, my idea would be a match made in heaven. Capcom knows Rockman X does well pretty much everywhere, but especially in the West. The Gundam Vs. formula is great stuff as well, too bad exposure in the West is sparse, thanks to the Gundam brand not being nearly as lucrative over here (and I'm sure hardly any of y'all played Gotcha Force, which makes me even sadder...  ;O;).

It's a shame too.  Gundam VS. Zeta Gundam, the only one I think they brought over to the US, was so [tornado fang]ing good!

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: February 03, 2009, 01:33:39 AM
If I remember correctly, Fed vs. Zeon DX (PS2) got over here, as well. But that's about it.

And good luck hoping that BASARA PSP game getting over here too, for that matter.  8D

So yeah....I'm basically doing all of Capcom's critical thinking for them. And even there, it's not exactly rocket science. The basic pitch I posted above only cost me about all of a minute for me to think up. So what's Capcom's problem?  :V

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: February 03, 2009, 01:39:22 AM
If I remember correctly, Fed vs. Zeon DX (PS2) got over here, as well. But that's about it.

And good luck hoping that BASARA PSP game getting over here too, for that matter.  8D

So yeah....I'm basically doing all of Capcom's critical thinking for them. And even there, it's not exactly rocket science. The basic pitch I posted above only cost me about all of a minute for me to think up. So what's Capcom's problem?  :V

Because they're not the Mothereffin' Red Ranger?   8D

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: February 03, 2009, 02:16:43 AM
Spiked-Wall Man.
You know that would end up being some lame puzzle fight where you have to make Spiked-Wall Man crush himself.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: February 03, 2009, 03:05:15 PM

You know that would end up being some lame puzzle fight where you have to make Spiked-Wall Man crush himself.
Plausible, and rather challenging, since you will die a lot of times first. 8D

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: February 03, 2009, 10:00:48 PM

Rangda Bangda