Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 343315

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1750 on: August 29, 2014, 12:39:58 AM
God, I wanna hear that sound effect in a modern game.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1751 on: August 29, 2014, 07:16:19 AM
RIGHT?!?!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1752 on: August 30, 2014, 06:58:18 AM
God, I wanna hear that sound effect in a modern game.
...if I was not such an absurdly huge fan of Midna, I would declare this game officially ruined forever if that DIDN'T happen.

(honestly, I maintain we should see that and sword beams as Link's Final Smash, but that's another discussion)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1753 on: August 30, 2014, 07:19:01 AM
Midna is a lot of fun to use, Shell!  :V

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1754 on: September 22, 2014, 04:10:32 AM
I just got around to getting A Link Between Worlds. Am I alone in thinking this is the best Zelda game in a really long time?

Feels really good using the circle pad too. I am impressed.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1755 on: September 22, 2014, 04:51:50 AM
It's great, but too damn easy. I've gotten stumped on every Zelda game except that one.

I mean, there were a few puzzles that I got stuck on, but only for like an hour, at most.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1756 on: September 22, 2014, 08:27:36 AM
I just got around to getting A Link Between Worlds. Am I alone in thinking this is the best Zelda game in a really long time?

Feels really good using the circle pad too. I am impressed.

Oh no, I really think it is as well!

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1757 on: September 22, 2014, 10:40:03 PM
I'm with Phi here. It's an enjoyable game, but it's way too short and easy. It's the only Zelda that I haven't picked back up since I finished it. Only took me a good 10-15 hours to finish, TBH...

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1758 on: September 23, 2014, 03:04:01 AM
It is indeed shorter than LTTP per dungeon that I've noticed so far as I've gotten. Kind of expedites the progression though which I can see why they would do for a portable title. In compensation, theoretically, you should add more dungeons in that case. They stuck to the normal formula it seems though.

Not sure I miss being stuck in a room for an hour. I can live with puzzle difficulty having gone down a little.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1759 on: September 23, 2014, 03:12:44 AM
Eh, it didn't feel all that much shorter than LttP... although that might be because I know that one inside out.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1760 on: September 23, 2014, 05:28:03 AM
Eh, it didn't feel all that much shorter than LttP... although that might be because I know that one inside out.

Yeah, same here!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1761 on: September 23, 2014, 05:48:43 AM
You can't beat it in 5 minutes like you can LttP.

At least not yet.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1762 on: September 23, 2014, 02:00:33 PM
I agree on both fronts--it is the best Zelda game in a while, and it is a little too short/easy.  At least, the puzzles are too easy.  Some of them could've been a bit harder.

The game has a lot to recommend it, although it is not the most ambitious Zelda title ever.  Still a much needed breath of fresh air compared to Skyward Sword, though...

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1763 on: September 24, 2014, 02:37:44 AM
I guess I'm more of a skeptic when it comes to Link Between Worlds?  It's a solid game, by all means, and it probably does rank among my favorite handheld Zeldas, at least.  But there aren't that many console games I'd hold it up to.  The problem with the key item shop is that it leaves too little to discover elsewhere; the Light World dungeons really drag on account of the fact that there's literally NOTHING worthwhile to find inside of them (a shame, since they get the best music).

However I was pleasantly surprised by how well the Dark World dungeons were put together, they thankfully stepped up the design there a great deal.  And as predictable as the character's actions were during the endgame, I found their motives deep and interesting.  So, as Zelda stories go, it definitely left a mark.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1764 on: October 08, 2014, 02:58:31 PM
I finally got around to beating A Link Between Worlds. I really loved this game. I also don't think it was that short. For a portable Zelda especially it was right on the mark I think. It didn't drag on like sometimes I feel other titles do.

I don't think I've had this much fun with a Zelda in a very long time. This makes me really remember back to the old days when portable Zelda was actually good.

No bullshit, gets right to the point. Weapons work quickly and effectively. No stupid ass slow transformations. No bullshit touch screen controls. No endless hours of tutorial fetch quest garbage. It has tight controls and a great art style.

I am both thoroughly impressed and satisfied. That [parasitic bomb] got pretty dark in the end too.

Spoiler impressions below...
[spoiler]
I was actually a tad bit surprised at what happened in the end. Once Hilda started her monologue it became clear immediately, but up until that point I wasn't quite sure what was going on.

I was actually expecting, based on Hilda's attitude in prior cutscenes, for her to go yandere over Link coveting him as her exclusive hero. The feeling was kind of there, but she was much more concerned with jacking their triforce instead of the hero.

Overall good stuff, though it makes you wonder why they didn't just use the Triforce from the get go to wish back the other one. Sounds like a much more solid plan. It's not like Hilda does not know it can grant wishes. Just be like "hey bro, can we borrow your Triforce for a bit, thanks".

I think if they left that whole wish it back part out and Hilda actually went down with the ship like she reserved herself to do at the end, it would have truly been a crazy ending. Yeah it's not Nintendo happy ending but damn would it be a powerful one, with an even more powerful message.

However, I can't expect that out of Nintendo so I suppose I can't necessarily deduct points based on that.
[/spoiler]

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1765 on: October 08, 2014, 06:12:23 PM
I found Yuga to be a very boring character. And the final battle was [parasitic bomb] easy.

However, the good far outweighs the bad, and I do love the game.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1766 on: October 08, 2014, 07:01:05 PM
Yeah. Yuga was a terrible character, with no depth. It's all about
[spoiler]Hilda. She stole the show incredibly.[/spoiler]

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1767 on: October 13, 2014, 06:14:09 AM
[spoiler]Ravio is obviously best character[/spoiler]

Anyways still having fun with Hyrule Warriors. Really liking the Network Links in Adventure Mode. Someone apparently helped me and I got 50,000 Rupees and an Experience Up bonus for the next battle. Also been helping the friends I've seen.

HYPERSHELL TAKE MY ASSISTANCE AND WHATEVER IT IS cause I totally just helped you. Could've A-Ranked it if Zelda hadn't been impatient and stormed the enemy base while a Darkness Barrier was up on it, almost killing herself in the process. So I had to stop racking up KOs and bail her out.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1768 on: October 15, 2014, 04:14:56 AM
I'm enjoying Hyrule Warriors for what it is.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1769 on: October 15, 2014, 05:11:23 AM
I'm enjoying Hyrule Warriors for what it is.

Yeah, it's fun! It's amazing how much more I enjoy DW games when they're not about DW!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1770 on: October 18, 2014, 06:07:55 AM
I still find it funny how many people these days are surprised at aesthetic style impacting a game's reception.  For all the talk of how much more often we saw "revolutionary" games in the old days, nobody talks about how there were also 47 million side scrolling brawlers with about every possible cast imaginable.  And we all loved it.  But now that they're doing that in 3D, and we love it again, everyone's all shocked.

HYPERSHELL TAKE MY ASSISTANCE AND WHATEVER IT IS cause I totally just helped you. Could've A-Ranked it if Zelda hadn't been impatient and stormed the enemy base while a Darkness Barrier was up on it, almost killing herself in the process. So I had to stop racking up KOs and bail her out.
Gladly, I love teaming with Network Links.  I don't remember receiving a notice as to getting a reward from someone else, but I know I've cleared your Link a few times, Mirb.

Just got the DLC package (even though I still have a LOT to do on the Adventure Mode map).  Epona is FREAKING AWESOME.  The fact that you can freely move during all standard attacks makes it much easier to keep the pressure on stronger opponents, and of course much easier to dodge.

Psychostorm - Hyrule Warriors
Random observation: This is the most awesome "evil lair" music ever.  It helps that said lair is one giant tribute to Cia's Link obsession, all forms through the ages included.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1771 on: October 18, 2014, 09:35:33 AM
Silent Guardians - Hyrule Warriors
I'm more partial to this one.

Also then you've given me like 100,000 Rupees out of nowhere which is great haha :D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1772 on: October 25, 2014, 05:16:36 AM
Mirby, your insanely high level Links are getting a little tough/tedious to go through, but they also got me some damn badass shackles for Midna, so thanks much. 8)

I'm STILL collecting Adventure Mode weapons.  Need the Level 2 Summoning Gate and then it's on to all the 3's.  Unfortunately my Rupees are running a little low with all the Training Dojo use.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1773 on: November 05, 2014, 11:11:51 PM
It was already mentioned in the 3DS Thread, but Majora's Mask 3D is a real thing now, out next spring.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1774 on: November 05, 2014, 11:32:43 PM
VIDEO? IS THERE A VIDEO? SCREENS? ANYTHING?