.hack//LINK

Setsuna F. Seiei · 30894

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: February 26, 2010, 01:23:47 PM
GFF Podcast with...two people >.>

It's really just one guy talking for the whole thing with the other 2 saying yes/correct over and over again.

http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link/news/index.html

For the most part, just skip to 22:25 to hear the 3rd  new BGM for a minute. (The main theme, and one that was in the latest trailer briefly)

The OST has also been announced, with the release date coincidentally being the same day as the games release.

Posted on: February 06, 2010, 10:23:20
4 new character confirmed.

-kaede (Got hella hotter)
-That douche bag Sakaki
-Azure Balmung
-Azure Orca

And also finally screens of Kenny/Tri-echi in action.

Posted on: February 16, 2010, 04:44:39
Site updated a few days ago.

"Keyaki" AND  Helba have both been added to the character rosters for GU and SIGN. But most importantly, after almost a year since being shown in the very 1st [tornado fang]ing scan, screen shots of playable Ovan, And even more awesome, Ovan's Xth Fo......rm????

GOD.DAMN.SONNUVA.[sonic slicer].~Marcus Fenix

I normally would quote that old post where I called it that he and Kenny weren't getting one...But somethings aren't worth celebrating....

Other screens.

Also Famitsu score: 9/8/8/7
Dengeki score: 70/70/70/75

Posted on: February 25, 2010, 12:23:37
I can only reply to this weeks scan with

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

WTF at Haseo. But HOLY [parasitic bomb] at Cubia's human PC from the manga. XD!!!

Wait, so now there's THREE Kite like people running around?

Also lulz that they included the Cubia PC form that manga, but nothing from Legend.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: February 27, 2010, 05:07:20 AM
HOLY MOTHER OF CRUD!!! 0_0

This. Is. Epic.

This is going to be an AWESOME .hack game! I cannot wait to get it! >0<

Here's some more pictures and stuff of .hack//LINK:
[youtube]sUwWtWU7S1U[/youtube]
[youtube]OKiE3NMQgM8&feature=channel[/youtube]

Don't know if these are new, haven't checked:
[youtube]A0vor0Lh0Lc&feature=channel[/youtube]
[youtube]klmR1tFHvrU&feature=channel[/youtube]

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: March 04, 2010, 12:56:25 AM
The opening movie
[youtube]SrLNkHEFGaE[/youtube]

God  the art style sucks. Those souless eyes...

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #53 on: March 04, 2010, 01:12:05 AM
This style bears resemblance to that anime flick.. only it's shorter, and not at it's full potential, and it appears that the eyes almost never move for some strange reason (the eyes need support the bodily gestures to make them more lifelike).

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: March 04, 2010, 06:54:05 AM
Play-Asia just changed their images for both versions, which means they have it.

Normal one. I didn't know I'd be getting the Historical disk. Thought it was funny that standard shipping cost over $7.

Zettai Houi Pack (The **** does that mean?)

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: March 04, 2010, 09:57:44 PM
The ones that made that opening was Studio 4°C.

Seriously the opening was great, but the artwork did kill it a bit. If it was more the regular-type of artwork used for the character arts for .hack//LINK would've made this opening 10x better! Though I did like how the movements were all so fluid and smooth.

Also I'm going to wait for a US release of this game... since it's been released today or yesterday or it's going to be released tomorrow? Are we a day ahead of Japan or is Japan is? I forget.

EDIT: http://www.thesubwire.com/.hack//Link_%28Anime_TV%29
Is there a .hack//LINK anime on its way? Let's see.

Posted on: March 04, 2010, 09:28:05 PM
[youtube]pTOEuhKu5ps[/youtube]
A different Level 1 with the song "OBsession" for a Boss Battle Theme.

[youtube]TmXYcLolIcY[/youtube]
Also the DRAMATIC DVD.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: March 05, 2010, 01:43:48 AM
The song is OBsession. And it was the opening to SIGN.

And the CG anime was announced since last year at TGS. Also it's not going to be a TV series, just a tie in.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: March 05, 2010, 09:14:36 AM
[youtube]NjhqGzOg-6Y[/youtube]

.hack//LINK Theme Song is called "Stair of Time" by Tomoyo Mitani.

Shows even some early concept art for .hack//LINK.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: March 05, 2010, 10:17:09 AM
Nothing on the remaining 3 original songs?

And Tomoyo Mitani  does all the songs for the games. (minus the original 4)

Also that art is just taken from CC corps official site.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: March 05, 2010, 06:23:51 PM
[youtube]tFvDSIucA_8[/youtube]

[youtube]zxkzjik5KFg&feature=channel[/youtube]

Haven't been on their websites. Right now I'm at school so I cannot listen to the music on these videos so I'm not sure if they're one of the remaining 3 songs we haven't heard yet.

Also who are the confirmed Party Members again?

1. Kite
2. Mimiru
3. BlackRose
4. Mistral
5. Tsukasa
6. Albireo
7. Silver Knight
8. Subaru
9. Orca
10. Balmung
11. Helba
12. Haseo
13. Shino
14. Atoli
15. Kuhn
16. Pi
17. Tabby
18. Ovan
19. Alkaid
20. Azure Flame Kite
21. Endrance
22. Sakubo (Saku)
23. Sakubo (Bo)
24. Kaede
25. Sakaki
26. Silabus
27. Zelkova
28. Midori
29. Cubia
30. ???
31. ???
32. ???
33. ???

So we have like 4 unconfirmed UPC to the list or maybe I missed them somewhere. I'm not sure if the other two Azure Knights are UPC or NPC to the Party Member List, also Sakubo has two different character slots instead of one character slot like in GU.

Anything I'm missing?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 12:01:18 AM by VirusChris »

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: March 05, 2010, 08:02:44 PM
Nothing really. As to the pic above it's from what I mentioned earlier, Haseo and Ovan can use the outfits of the characters that their seiyuu's voiced in Tales of Graces. Also you can switch between for forms.

Haseo has

Haseo-Normal
Asbel-Normal
Haseo -Xth Form
Asbel-Xth Form

=Ovan has no Xth form  he only has the alt outfit.
Ovan
Malik

quoting a post of mine from other forums

It seems the Official Site lied, or got Lazy by reusing the "X-th Form" icon on Ovan's profile. As far as the game goes, he really doesn't have one after all. And  I love the mug shot they used for Atoli XD

It also seems that you can choose what ever form you want even if they switch over to the Xth forms. Though I'm disappointed that you can't use Haseo's emperor form. =/

Awesome, my copy arrived.

-So far, loving the normal BGMs. They're similar, but in a different style than GU's.

-All those hours I spent playing the trial version to death paid off because everything you had on the latest save can be converted to the real game.

-100% voiced

-Gameplay has overall been sped up from what it was like  in the trial version.

-Data install is almost 900mb

I aside from the Historical disk, I did get the special Link x Graces dvd..........But goddamn it, It wasn't till just now that I realized that they're actual DVDs and I can't play them. -_-

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: March 05, 2010, 08:27:36 PM
Pretty cool... do you plan to upload some gameplay videos or cutscenes about the story?

So far is it like how the .hack//LINK manga started with Tokio entering "The World" or is it slightly different? And does he meet Kite and Fluegel the same way too or differently?

Maybe I should've order it.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: March 05, 2010, 09:06:45 PM
I have no real means of uploading anything.

As to story, the beginning with Kite and Flugy starts off similar, but that's just a dream sequence. The rest after that is nothing like it was in the manga. You might as well forget about it all together. Currently it seems like it's going to have Tokio useing thet Akasha record to travel to the various eras from the series. Currently in 2007/what ever year SIGN took place in.

One thing that's kind of amusing. When you open up your mail, the screen changes side ways forcing you to hold you PSP on it's side, like an iPhone.

Also as your familiar with the old games, they give  you a [parasitic bomb] load of wallpapers to use for you desktop. Which is the case here, but also you can use them as custom WP for your PSP itself. I just bought this one.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #63 on: March 05, 2010, 09:31:50 PM
Also as your familiar with the old games, they give  you a [parasitic bomb] load of wallpapers to use for you desktop. Which is the case here, but also you can use them as custom WP for your PSP itself. I just bought this one.

You can also (I think) Right Click + Save as from your PC and transfer it to your PSP. It's entirely optional, but I think it'll look nice. I'd like to see more. :)

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: March 05, 2010, 11:01:14 PM
Tokio uses the Akasha Records to appear in different eras of "The World"? So he doesn't meet the .hack characters in The World R:X, just Akasha Record versions of them? Or does he go in there to help them as they're in the Akasha Records as well? Or something to that extend? I'm really curious about the story now!

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: March 05, 2010, 11:29:22 PM
Basically from what I get, after you save them they join you (you free their current versions in the present).........And you put them to work as shop keepers and such on your giant floating space whale....couldn't make that up...

You can also (I think) Right Click + Save as from your PC and transfer it to your PSP. It's entirely optional, but I think it'll look nice. I'd like to see more. :)

You can do that with any image. But that Saika WP is directly from the game itsel1f. It gives you the option if you want to to save it to the MSPD, which you can use for the PSP itself.  I extracted that image from it.

Puting images from the stick into the PSP is easy. I use it all the time when creating custom themes.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #66 on: March 05, 2010, 11:44:33 PM
Ah, so stuff like that is possible. Now I wonder if the OST's been ripped yet..  -_-

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: March 05, 2010, 11:46:13 PM
Not even on the net yet.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: March 06, 2010, 01:29:06 AM
Basically from what I get, after you save them they join you (you free their current versions in the present).........And you put them to work as shop keepers and such on your giant floating space whale....couldn't make that up...

So what? They're AI versions of them or the actual players behind them who are trap in the Akasha Records by the Schicksal and Tokio frees them and repay Tokio's help by joining forces with him to take down the Schicksal and the Flying Whale-shape Airship acts as the HUB or base of operations for the main characters? And what about Saika Amagi? Does she appear often or not since she was the one who sent Tokio, both physically and mentally, into "The World"?

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: March 06, 2010, 06:56:06 AM
Saika  is pretty much the 2ndary main character. She appears all the time and talks to them via from the real world. As far as we know they're real. Subaru seems to know that Tsukasa isn't right, and has forgotten about her.

Also there's 95 wallpapers. I'll post them as I go along. (I'll edit what I have in there later, need to run to the bathroom 1st >_<)

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: March 06, 2010, 11:28:56 AM
Ok, this is pretty much how it goes from my understanding after playing it more,

-2020-
The World R:X is pretty much screwed due to Shicksal  messing with the Akasha records, and Mac Anu, along with all the old characters are frozen in time.

Tokio goes to the past era/series, and their stories pretty much stick to the original canon, even with things like Tsukasa's grunty dieing. Only Tokio is now there. After clearing said time line, you get the Chrono core from the main character, which in turn he uses to free the PC data of their future versions back in 2020. (Tsukasa fully remembered Tokio). You also free some other characters, but the majority are NPCs.  But not all are unlocked for the series.

After I finished the main sign route, a sun route appeared. One mission unlocked Subaru, while the other unlocked Silver Knight. You don't have to do them, but I did anyways.  Currently I'm  doing the ZERO Route that unlocked.

Also more WPs. Im too lazy to add their ID numbers for anything other than the 1st two.

these all start around the 30 or so. There's 95 WPs in total.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: March 06, 2010, 07:23:29 PM
That explains a lot and makes sense. So have you fought the Shicksal members yet? How strong are they? And when does Tokio get his Guild Grunty?

Now I really want this game to come over to the US right away.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #72 on: March 06, 2010, 07:31:38 PM
Let's see how well the game sells first in Japan kid.

(I'll edit what I have in there later, need to run to the bathroom 1st >_<)

You Could have brought the PSP to the bathroom, haha (It's a habit, bring some small handheld to the bathroom).  8D

Seeing the main character as a Grunty is really a bold move from Ban Dai/Namco games. 'Cute tho. I wonder what the standard wallpaper you get at the beginning of the game is like.. hmm.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: March 06, 2010, 08:02:00 PM
I always take my PSP to the bathroom. Whether for music or playing.

That explains a lot and makes sense. So have you fought the Shicksal members yet? How strong are they? And when does Tokio get his Guild Grunty?

Tokio Grunty is in the game right from the start. The giant time traveling whale ship thing is more or less an at home. Complete with various shops, rooms, development areas, etc. You even have to organize people in certain areas to get better products.

So far finised

SIGN
SIGN era side stories
.hack//
.hack//ZERO
.hack//AI Buster
and 70% done with Link.

I've fought 2 members. the retarded buff guy who yells in random engrish, and the [Top Spin] clpwm guy. The battles are nothing like the mangas.

Now I really want this game to come over to the US right away.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #74 on: March 06, 2010, 08:13:25 PM
70% done with the first run? you are quick. If I were you, I'd see how sales are first before coming stateside. I haven't touched my PSP in awhile.