The "BlazBlue" Thread

Acid · 147395

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: January 02, 2010, 06:51:28 AM
I absolutely love this game to death, and I am looking forward to Continuum shift more than you could possibly believe. I've been following the changes since the first loketests.
When I first got it, I tried to learn V-13, but when I learned she was 1) Top tier and 2)broken as all hell, I switch to Tager and his wonderful magnetic fists.

I haven't been playing much lately, but if I had some regular sparring partners I'd play a lot more often. My PSN ID is RocketFetus, and if you'd like to play me go ahead and add me.

...what?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: January 02, 2010, 07:20:47 AM
Well, you may be happy to hear Lambda's garbage tier in the next game.

I still haven't picked a favorite character to play as. I fare better with certain people than others, sure. But none are "main" territory, maybe because I don't like maining in the first place. Really, I'll play as anyone but Carl. If I absolutely had to pick a few that would be my preferred choices, it might be Litchi and Hakumen. But I haven't been doing so hot with them as of late. I did kick a lot of ass with Ragna the other day, though. I never get that close to double perfect.

Onto CS, something tells me I'm going to get sick of Hazama real quick. Everyone is going to play as him. Not just because he's a cool cat, but he looks noob friendly too. Just hide in the corners and throw chains. It's going to be no different than the spammies in CT.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: January 02, 2010, 08:11:30 AM
I don't generally limit myself to just one character in most fighting games, but after learning to play Tager at a decent level, I just can't seem to wrap my head around anyone else to the same extent (though I've been told I have a pretty decent Arakune)

...what?

Offline slystrife

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: January 03, 2010, 04:25:44 AM
^
I kind of know how you feel, when Calamity Trigger first came out I would play as everyone consistently. Then I picked my main at the time (Ragna) and my list of characters shortened; I couldn't play as Tager because his gimped speed is way too much for me to withstand (and the magnetism doesn't make up for it in my eyes). I don't play as Noel or Jin due to how noob friendly they are and I was getting angry at Noel's plethora of invincibility frames and Jin's Gale and freezing duration. Then I dwindled my list down even further when I stopped playing as Tao because of her low damage output and the fact that I just couldn't get the hang of her drive (call me dumb). I don't play as Carl for obvious reasons and then crossed Rachel off because her play style just isn't my thing, I can never time in silpheed correctly when comboing. Lastly, I crossed off Nu because I'm just not a fan of the way she controls.

Soon after i switched my main to Bang and I've been having a lot more fun with him than I did with Ragna. His combos take tons more effort and he actually makes great use of the rapid cancel unlike a lot of the other characters, and I'm huge fan of the pressure style that he utilizes. I think i pretty much have his normal play style down, the only thing that really needs work is my execution. I'm really happy with the Continuum Shift changes, they've overall made Bang a much... MUCH better character.

Onto CS, something tells me I'm going to get sick of Hazama real quick. Everyone is going to play as him. Not just because he's a cool cat, but he looks noob friendly too. Just hide in the corners and throw chains. It's going to be no different than the spammies in CT.

When it comes out, get ready to rage on Mario... :P

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: January 03, 2010, 08:19:26 PM
From mostly dicking around on a friend's system, I have to say I'm partial to Nu and Hakumen, but moreso Nu. No real reason why. They just feel right to me.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: January 24, 2010, 04:26:13 PM
I wanted to post this yesterday, but forgot.

The Arcade machine on which CS resides, has been hacked and a way to play it on PC has been created.
As in, Continuum Shift. On PC. Yeah.
It does not work for me, probably because of my shitty graphics card.
I will not give you a link, since it's against the forum rules... but Google doesn't hurt, right?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: January 24, 2010, 04:53:24 PM
I downloaded it but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I have the BBCS.zip.001-007 and missing.zip, but no idea what I should do =/

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: February 13, 2010, 04:00:50 AM
So yeah, I was trying out the new Unlimited characters. They're [tornado fang]ing crazy. Jin and Kun are even more broken than before. And if Tager magnetizes someone, his 720 instantly sucks them in. Oh, and you can input it as 4C.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: February 21, 2010, 08:45:15 AM
I don't know who else has heard all the new songs in Continuum Shift. For those who have, aren't they all [tornado fang]ing awesome? I've become addicted to Tsubaki's theme, both regular and lyrical versions. Although, hearing Litchi rap is pretty funny. Someone has to draw her bein' all gangsta 'n [parasitic bomb].

Offline slystrife

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: February 25, 2010, 10:32:47 PM
S-I-S-I-G-A-M-I! SHISHIGAMI BANG BAAAAAAAANG!!!

Yeah, I knew you'd love Tsubaki's theme... also you've inspired me to try and draw Litchi all gangsta like. Perhaps I'll even throw some bling on her...

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: February 25, 2010, 10:44:25 PM
Please do.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: February 26, 2010, 05:15:11 AM
Yes! Blazblue Portable is "out."

*"obtains"*

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: April 03, 2010, 11:23:10 AM
[youtube]49-pNePSHuU[/youtube]

Offline Chainsaw Guitar

• #1 Pulseman fan!
  • Robot Master
  • ^ GameFreak's true Magnum Opus right here. >:O
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: May 17, 2010, 05:12:06 PM
Continuum Shift is looking pretty good so far. Though there is still some really stupid [parasitic bomb]. Luckily, it's not as brain dead as it was in Calamity Trigger. Hopefully. I want to play Tsubaki, because she's one of the few good character designs in this animu fighter, but I hear she's a RTSD character... Which will clash heavily with my turtling style of game play.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: May 19, 2010, 09:30:17 AM
The game actually became worse. Noel's been completely nerfed, While Jin's not only the same, but has a new annoying special. And WORST of all, is that Ragna's who was already broken with that range, not to mention JESUS KICK!, was BEEFED up.

Also final story more movie is out.
[youtube]df-iETND5FQ[/youtube]

Offline Chainsaw Guitar

• #1 Pulseman fan!
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: May 19, 2010, 11:15:33 AM
Fine then. Don't play Continuum Shift. Ever. Leave it to the real gamers, cause y'know... Only a complete scrub would take the tier list to heart.

If you lose with a weak character, it's your own damn fault for mentally giving up because of the fact you think your character has no chance against the stronger ones.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: May 20, 2010, 01:08:11 AM
Today I learnt that I REALLY hate to fight Tager (and Lambda, but that wasn't today), and it seriously doesn't help that I main Taokaka and that EVERYTHING kills me faster in CS, specially Tager  X(

Who the [tornado fang] thought that it was a good idea to nerf Tao's already low health and give her nothing else in return  -AC

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: May 20, 2010, 01:50:15 AM
I like the modifications they made to booby lady.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: May 20, 2010, 06:44:22 AM
I didn't hear they lowered her health. I only know that Carl got a HP buff so Tao now has the lowest HP.

Well, she still has the taunt loop for the time being. Which'll probably be taken out in the home release. Thank god.

Offline Chainsaw Guitar

• #1 Pulseman fan!
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: May 21, 2010, 03:52:58 PM
Wrong. All console ports of ASW's fighters are arcade perfect with the exception of added features and unlockables. Why are you so worried about Tao's taunt loop anyways? Online, all you're going to be seeing is a bunch of shitty bandwagon Hazama players. 8D

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: May 21, 2010, 05:45:14 PM
Maybe they will have pacthes after them realizing that they messed up?

And my brother is gonna be kindda mad when I tell him that Noel got nerfed. XD

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: May 29, 2010, 03:19:57 PM
New scan:

Whoops, sorry about that angle  XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: May 29, 2010, 07:23:12 PM
Story Mode NPCs, I'm guessing. On the left is Carl's dad, and on the right I'm guessing is the ghost of Nine.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: June 23, 2010, 04:11:11 PM

So now we'll also have a squirrel and what looks to be the return of the Ragna obsessed robot, and yes, it does say DLC there >_>

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: June 23, 2010, 04:38:19 PM
Lambda, Mu and Nu...

They all better have some key differences before this turns into the Star Fox stable from Brawl.