Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Treleus · 7789

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
on: December 10, 2016, 02:51:39 AM
Boy this place is dead.

TIME TO GET HYPE, OUR BOY X IS FINALLY IN!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bzDJGfOBeU[/youtube]

Also got Captain America and Morrigan so far:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9IsCC9tYjU[/youtube]

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 03:57:04 AM
Surprised no one made a topic sooner.

When I have some time, I'd love to do character predictions. All I'll say for now is cause we already have X, and that I think the roster will be smaller than UMvC3, I don't think there will be any more Mega Man characters in the game.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 05:14:53 AM
Safe bet Tron and Zero will be in it too-maybe Sigma as a villian character?

Also sounds like while the X-men/FF won't be in there at release it's likely we'll see them as DLC down the road, so likely the big ones like Wolverine, Sentinel, Dr Doom and maybe Psylocke?

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 05:36:17 AM
Personally I'm gunning for the following, for starters:

CAPCOM
-Jin Saotome
-Captain Commando
-Vile
-Fou-Lu

With X finally in a fighting game, who better to have him square off against than Vile? I suspect Sigma is either already given as a playable character, or is relegated to being part of the final boss package with Ultron. As for Fou-Lu, I wanted some representation from the Breath of Fire games for the first time, but I figured the main character would make it confusing since we already have Ryu from Street Fighter in there, so maybe not. I'd also be fine with Nina from Breath of Fire I, who uses a rapier in battle and looks the cutest and most battle-ready of the series.

MARVEL
-Star Lord
-Rocket w/Groot
-Cable
-(Old) Nick Fury

Old Nick Fury's unlikely, but I think he'd be fun alongside Cable or Deadpool. Rocket w/ Groot and Star Lord seem the most likely, especially since rumors from NeoGAF suggest Groot will serve as an "assist-like" character. Star Lord would be an interesting character to play with, considering his lack of obvious superpowers other than the space-ready techno-mask and ray guns.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 07:08:30 PM
You know........they COULD make Blues a playable fighter.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 07:12:12 PM
I couldn't think of anyone cooler, but it seems a lot of people want Bass.EXE.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 05:11:24 AM
The regular Bass sounds a lot better.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 03:57:46 AM
I'm inclined to believe that X will be the sole MM representative at release. Mayhaps Vile or MMZ style Zero down the line?

Since we're likely not getting any X-Men, I bet they're going to try and replace Wolvie's usual spot with Black Panther. Just a hunch.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 06:03:11 AM
That would be my guess. Gonna see a lot more MCU movie characters.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 12:24:56 AM
Surprised that the rumors of a 'reboot' were true given that the game's back to 2 vs 2 and while carrying over movesets and assets from UMvC3, it's definitely going its own direction so far.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 12:44:42 AM
I'm inclined to believe that X will be the sole MM representative at release. Mayhaps Vile or MMZ style Zero down the line?

Why? If the Megaman series were to only get a single rep it would be Tron, she not only has history with the series but is a highly loved character among the player base and the MM fans in general.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 02:26:36 AM
It's more that a ton of people were not happy with not having an actual Blue Bomber in Marvel 3. And because it's a 2v2 fighter, I'm inclined to believe that the roster will be smaller. I think in terms of likely cuts, Mega Man characters are pretty low priority. However, if they were to put in a second Mega Man character, Tron's a good candidate.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with X-Men. Logan isn't Wolverine in the comics currently, right? X-23 is? That might have a thing to do with it. And admittedly, with Super Skrull, the Fantastic Four are redundant. Doom would definitely be one of those DLC characters though.

I think I'll write up a big list of potential entries and cuts later in the week. Believe it or not, the Capcom side will be tougher to guess. Marvel you can pretty much go by "Who has a movie or Netflix series coming up?"

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 03:24:40 AM
It's more that a ton of people were not happy with not having an actual Blue Bomber in Marvel 3. And because it's a 2v2 fighter, I'm inclined to believe that the roster will be smaller. I think in terms of likely cuts, Mega Man characters are pretty low priority. However, if they were to put in a second Mega Man character, Tron's a good candidate.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with X-Men. Logan isn't Wolverine in the comics currently, right? X-23 is? That might have a thing to do with it. And admittedly, with Super Skrull, the Fantastic Four are redundant. Doom would definitely be one of those DLC characters though.

I think I'll write up a big list of potential entries and cuts later in the week. Believe it or not, the Capcom side will be tougher to guess. Marvel you can pretty much go by "Who has a movie or Netflix series coming up?"

I have a theory as to why X was given such an important spot in the trailer-given that a new Megaman Cartoon will be out sooner or later and the likely possibility of a new tie game with that cartoon should it do well perhaps Capcom wants to draw some attention onto the franchise to build up interest. Just a theory but that might affect how many MM characters are pressent in the game.

I feel we can expect a SFV sized cast at launch at least if they are going for a smaller roster though.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 09:00:29 AM
Well, they've already signed on licensing partners for the next anniversaries of each Mega Man series except Star Force and ZX, and they've also announced intentions to revive dormant IPs, so it's possible we'll be seeing some X games in the near future.

Also, more on topic, I'd love to see the Winter Soldier in this game.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 15, 2016, 09:31:16 AM
Alright. Let's give this a shot. Spoiler tagged to save space.

[spoiler]I've already expressed my opinion on the Mega Man side of things. The Ultron/Sigma rumor going around is interesting. But I still feel X will be the only playable MM character. Definitely no other Mega Man type, definitely no other X series characters.

Street Fighter:
Chun Li is a given. Depending on space, Akuma might not make it. I'd prefer the MvC1 approach and let Ryu switch styles to Ken and Akuma. I think a character from Street Fighter V will be in, much like how Viper was put in MvC3 to promote SFIV. One of the yet to be revealed Season 2 characters could happen. Of the four we have right now, I'd say Rashid would fit the Versus style the best.

Darkstalkers:
I have no idea. There are many possible people to include, or they could just leave it with Morrigan. Hsien-Ko was a personal pick for Niitsuma, so I doubt she'd be in this game.

Resident Evil:
Likely much less RE5 representation. Dunno if they'd use anything from 6 or 7 or even Revelations. I don't really know enough about them. But I can almost guarantee Wesker will come back.

Final Fight:
Don't really have a reason for Haggar to not be included. Every other Final Fight character is either also a Street Fighter character or just too obscure. I'm sure Lucia would be awesome, but it just won't happen.

Devil May Cry:
Dante and Vergil are too popular to not include. If they would be the reboot versions or not, could go either way. Trish probably won't come back. Her use really went down in UMvC3.

As for other Capcom properties. The other characters in MvC3 are certainly possible. Likeliest to be cut I think would be Phoenix Wright, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, and the Ghosts and Goblins characters, sadly. Dunno what they would pick out of the well of other properties. Maybe there will actually be a Monster Hunter representative this time?

Onto Marvel. Let's start with the Fox properties. A form of Wolverine will be there. Magneto will be there. Deadpool will be there. Doctor Doom will be there. Can't say there'd be too many else of them. Gambit has a solo movie coming up, right? Maybe he'd come back.

In the case of the Avengers, Hulk is a given. Thor is a given. Hawkeye is pretty likely. I could see Black Widow making it in, using a modification of Jill's MvC3 moveset. Black Panther is a safe bet. Vision is a good guess. Scarlet Witch is a good one. Falcon is likely. Doctor Strange is safe. Only one of the current roster (besides War Machine) I don't think will make it is Ant Man. I don't see his skill set translating well to a fighter. Same for Wasp, bu she at least can fly.

Villains: Thanos is super obvious. I think Loki will make it. Dormammu will be there. I don't think Shuma Gorath is safe. I don't think M.O.D.O.K. is safe. And there is still Ultron to think about.

Specifically concerning Guardians of the Galaxy, I'd say either Rocket comes back, or Groot makes it. Any more reps might be overdoing it. On a sorta related note, I don't think Nova will come back. Captain Marvel seems to play pretty similarly to how he did, so both would be redundant.

Anyone from the Netflix universe can make it. Although there might have been concerns before about how violent Punisher is. The rest are pretty damn likely.

Finally, Spider-Man. Now that that pesky Sony hubbub has passed, maybe we can get some of his rogues gallery this time? Preferably not Venom or Carnage, though. I believe Doctor Octopus was considered for MvC3. I'd pick him before anyone else.[/spoiler]

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 03:32:37 PM
Eh just have Rocket ride on Groot's shoulder and do most of the special moves while Groot does all the basic attacks. There two GotG characters and only one spot taken.  8D

As for Winter Soldier they could easier make him a costume for Captain America assuming they do a smaller cast. But his movie version could make an interesting unique character. But as for Megaman Satoryu, nah I disagree there is definitely going to be at least two MM characters at launch. No way Tron won't be there.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 07:55:05 PM
If the X-Men are rumored to be DLC, then anything can happen. We could get Dynamo or Magma Dragoon in, for all we know. It would be interesting to see whether or not Tron gets in, but if not, you could replace her with Devilotte and double up with either Jin Saotome or Shade.

If Jin gets in, then I want Zangief in there as well. It would make for a perfect throwback to the first MvC, and it ought to be fun ignoring light attacks or overriding Supers with Final Atomic Buster.

I doubt Dormammu would be there. If he is, I'm not sure he'll be the same as in MvC2/3. He may be made to look more like he does in the movie, with a Super probably ripped straight from his showdown with the Doctor.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 03:50:39 PM
Does anyone else find X's CG model to look just like the D-arts Metallic X figure???

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 03:58:17 PM
Does anyone else find X's CG model to look just like the D-arts Metallic X figure???

His arms and legs are a little slimmer but he does have the lankier limbs of the D-Arts figs.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 10:51:00 PM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzKDH9h2ucg[/yt]

Holy freaking crap!

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 11:49:01 PM
I know it's awesome! :D

Makes me wonder who's X's English VA will be? Seeing as Mark has retired from VA, I will never forget his amazing roles as X's VA and G Gundam's Domon.

I wasn't expecting Sigma to show up so we got X and Sigma from the X series... I wonder if Zero will join? Considering he appeared in the previous MvC game.

Not sure if I want to pre-order it though considering the expansions and DLCs they might add on later in a complete edition.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 11:56:32 PM
Well that got me sufficiently hyped.

Also they'd better write it as Ultron Σ and not Ultron Sigma in game

Cause imo Ultron Σ looks better and cooler

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 12:01:01 AM
Wow... they're not holding back on pushing the DLC right away are they?

Gonna be a bit sad if they completely cut out non MCU characters on the Marvel Side though.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 04:28:08 AM
Rocket Racoon and X buddy cop movie, make it happen Disney.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #24 on: April 26, 2017, 04:36:47 AM
Hack of Mega Man X where instead of Dr. Light giving you the upgrades it's Rocket. Especially the X-Buster upgrade. Make it happen. :P

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything