Crash Bandicoot Remaster revealed

Flame · 2187

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
on: December 05, 2016, 06:06:30 PM
[youtube]! No longer available[/youtube]

So this has finally been revealed. Thoughts? hopefully optimistic here. so far it seems like a straight 1:1 visual upgrade and that's it, which is all it needed to be.

I admit to being somewhat disappointed the voices are different though. Clany Brown, your Cortex will be missed

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 02:22:27 AM
Actually it's not a 1:1 visual upgrade. There's a better checkpoint system (presumably meaning checkpoints will work better overall, likely to match Crash 3's system of "you keep all the boxes you got before the checkpoint if you die" which 1 obviously lacked making earning Gems harder), and there's also going to be time trials for each stage.

Aside from that though, mostly a visual makeover. There's probably also going to be trophies.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 03:29:40 AM
I'm hyped, it looks great. I haven't played a Crash Bandicoot game since I was a kid.