Ultra Turbo Super Extreme "What are you thinking?" Electric Boogaloo Alpha EX ed

Dr. Wily II · 478069

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Listening to NPR on my phone, thanks to this very convenient app.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
A colleague of mine once told me that with the way I look when I smile, he wouldn't be surprised if I turned out to be the next Ted Bundy.

Seems I just creep people out regardless of what I'm doing. Either I smile at 'em and they're convinced I'mma try and kill 'em, or I maintain my usual blank expression and they're scared 'cause they don't know what I'm thinking.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I try not to smile with my teeth too often, because braces.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
I don't because my teeth are crooked and I have bucked teeth.

Anywho...

[spoiler=SU spoilers]I was checking the Barn Mates tag on Tumblr and there is a lot of hate being slung at Peridot for her behavior.  People saying she's an annoying little [parasitic bomb] who is too dense to realize that Lapis is an abuse victim with PTSD, and that Peridot caused the abuse and won't own up to it, and that her apology was half-assed and stupid and Lapis should just kill her because she's an irritating runty douche and if anyone feels even a sliver of sympathy for her, then they're awful people just like her.

What the actual [tornado fang].[/spoiler]

Offline NitroWhite

• Java Maker
  • Robot Master
  • I hate all of you
    • View Profile
Well today wasn't very productive for me, spent most of it sleeping or at a friend's house than studying. Sigh, I really hate studying fractions again. So much from school left me in these many years. tbh I just don't like math much, but I need to learn this stuff again for the college courses I plan to take.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Anywho...

[spoiler=SU spoilers]I was checking the Barn Mates tag on Tumblr and there is a lot of hate being slung at Peridot for her behavior.  People saying she's an annoying little [parasitic bomb] who is too dense to realize that Lapis is an abuse victim with PTSD, and that Peridot caused the abuse and won't own up to it, and that her apology was half-assed and stupid and Lapis should just kill her because she's an irritating runty douche and if anyone feels even a sliver of sympathy for her, then they're awful people just like her.

What the actual [tornado fang].[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I also saw people pissed at Lapis for being mean to Peridot. Bottomline, people are awful. As I've always said, the best AND worst thing about the internet is that everyone has a voice.[/spoiler]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
[spoiler]I saw that hate, too.  They're both demonized for no reason.  Yes, Lapis has a reason for her behavior, but that reason doesn't excuse it.  She needs to chill.  Yes, Peridot is annoying and her attempts to befriend Lapis really backfired because she doesn't know what she's doing.  She needs to relax.  They're both flawed.

Sometimes, though, I really hate the fandom.  This is the same type of [parasitic bomb] as when people were saying that Pearl was abusive.  And the same type of people who demonize Yellow Pearl while sanctifying Blue Pearl.  We know precisely nothing about Yellow and Blue Pearls!

These are also the same type who attack the autistic Peridot/Pearl headcanons, mainly because seeing autism in those two is stupid, that people who have that headcanon are stupid, and that autistics are stupid.  That really rubbed me the wrong way.[/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
[spoiler]As with everything, the best thing is to ignore the really toxic fandoms and just enjoy the show for what you enjoy about it.[/spoiler]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
[spoiler]I was only looking through that tag for funny screenshots to reblog, but just ended up finding an inordinate amount of "let's murder Peridot to avenge Lapis!" Jesus christ, people.  Say it with me: FIC-TION-AL. Go harass someone with a pulse.[/spoiler]

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
My graduation photo looks off because I showed too much teeth.

Also, [tornado fang] the goddamn solider ganados in Resi 4. And [tornado fang] Super Salvador straight to the blackest pit of hell. So many failed Mercs runs because of these assholes.
[spoiler=You know what's more fun than fighting a Super Salvador?]Fighting two of them, at the same time. 8D

But on a different note, what I try to do to deal with Super Salvador, when I'm not relying on Wesker's Killer7, Ada's semi-auto rifle, or Krauser's FuckEverything arm, I tend to use which ever weapon that has quickest rate of fire and go for broke on dealing damage quickly as possible, and with enough shots fired (especially on the head) he should stagger to give some breathing room, plus they leave you less open when you need to turn tail and run like hell. Krauser has a harder time dealing with Super Salvador because of his bow has a slow rate of fire, so I try to focus on getting distance between me and him more than I would with the other characters, but considering how powerful it is, you could dispatch in about 6 or so body shots. One thing I also like to do is try to trick the A.I. into climbing over knee-high wall to score some free hits.

And yeah, [tornado fang] those solider Ganados. They can super aggressive in packs, and taking a hit from flail or stunrod hurts like a [sonic slicer].[/spoiler]

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
[spoiler]I was only looking through that tag for funny screenshots to reblog, but just ended up finding an inordinate amount of "let's murder Peridot to avenge Lapis!" Jesus christ, people.  Say it with me: FIC-TION-AL. Go harass someone with a pulse.[/spoiler]
Wouldn't that be worse?

But yeah people doing this with fictional characters is why I kind of take a "Haters gonna Hate" mentality.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
[spoiler]I saw that hate, too.  They're both demonized for no reason.  Yes, Lapis has a reason for her behavior, but that reason doesn't excuse it.  She needs to chill.  Yes, Peridot is annoying and her attempts to befriend Lapis really backfired because she doesn't know what she's doing.  She needs to relax.  They're both flawed.

Sometimes, though, I really hate the fandom.  This is the same type of [parasitic bomb] as when people were saying that Pearl was abusive.  And the same type of people who demonize Yellow Pearl while sanctifying Blue Pearl.  We know precisely nothing about Yellow and Blue Pearls!

These are also the same type who attack the autistic Peridot/Pearl headcanons, mainly because seeing autism in those two is stupid, that people who have that headcanon are stupid, and that autistics are stupid.  That really rubbed me the wrong way.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=personal rage]As someone with autism and raised through a special needs school, it just pisses me off to no end when people like that generalize autistic people (or really any kind of mental handicap) as "u hav artusm, so ur fukken stoopid, retard!" People like that can go die in a fire for all I care.[/spoiler]

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
I have a video of a 7 year old punching a dude robbing a Gamestop to make people feel better.

[yt]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jglNI8-SnmE#[/yt]

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
[spoiler=personal rage]As someone with autism and raised through a special needs school, it just pisses me off to no end when people like that generalize autistic people (or really any kind of mental handicap) as "u hav artusm, so ur fukken stoopid, retard!" People like that can go die in a fire for all I care.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah, that pissed me off.  I'm also autistic and I see a lot of myself in Peridot's behavior and attempts to understand social norms.  Personally, I really like the autistic Peri headcanon.  And her antics in Barn Mates were very relatable.  Hell, when Lapis told her off, it hit me with feels because my own goddamn family has treated me like that, and usually when I screw up and try to fix it, only to make [parasitic bomb] worse because I'm as dumb as a sack of rocks.

I don't wanna use the word "ableist," but in regards to people who attack autistics for daring to have that autistic Peridot/Pearl headcanon and saying outright that autism is "bad" or a "flaw" or "not something to be proud of" or something that needs "overcome" or "cured" and blatantly disregard a very thriving autistic community and culture... then they're an ableist [dark hold] who can go [tornado fang] themselves with a cactus.

Actually, no, leave the cactus out of it.  The cactus doesn't deserve that.[/spoiler]

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
[spoiler]Yeah, that pissed me off.  I'm also autistic and I see a lot of myself in Peridot's behavior and attempts to understand social norms.  Personally, I really like the autistic Peri headcanon.  And her antics in Barn Mates were very relatable.  Hell, when Lapis told her off, it hit me with feels because my own goddamn family has treated me like that, and usually when I screw up and try to fix it, only to make [parasitic bomb] worse because I'm as dumb as a sack of rocks.

I don't wanna use the word "ableist," but in regards to people who attack autistics for daring to have that autistic Peridot/Pearl headcanon and saying outright that autism is "bad" or a "flaw" or "not something to be proud of" or something that needs "overcome" or "cured" and blatantly disregard a very thriving autistic community and culture... then they're an ableist [dark hold] who can go [tornado fang] themselves with a cactus.

Actually, no, leave the cactus out of it.  The cactus doesn't deserve that.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Personally I think dickheads should be [tornado fang]ing themselves anally with a curling iron. It's not just assholes shitting on autistic people, but even assholes have the nerve to mock ideas that would be helpful for those with bad vision in games. I am a near-sighted person and my field of vision isn't so great on some distances, and reading the menus or UI in some games that don't scale that stuff according to high resolutions like Terraria can make things harder to manage because everything is too small and out of where my eyes would focus on my character. So I suggested an idea of a scalable HUD/UI for Terraria on the Steam forums in hopes the developers might implemented it in a future update because it's a helpful feature for players with weak eye sight, especially now that it has native XInput support so something like that would also be great for Steam Big Picture or Steam systems. It is a thing that I really respect from Dean Dodrill, the developer of Dust: An Elysian Tail, implemented like this in his game alongside a color-bind feature because it shows you respect your audience and their visual shortcomings or disability. But then I get this... it's the sort of thing that makes me want to get their address to their house or wherever the [tornado fang] they live in and pimp smack 'em (and maybe chuck their computer out the window and hope it shatters in pieces). "Oh why don't you play in a tiny-ass resolution or play on a console like a noo--" [tornado fang] you! I paid for the games I play on Steam (although some like Terraria where given as a gift), and I will play my games however the hell I want to play them! Take your douchebaggy mentality and shove it up your ass![/spoiler]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Oh, I hear ya on the poor vision and games.  I'm near-sighted and nearly blind in my right eye, so at a certain size, UI is just a blurry mess unless I press my face against a screen.  It would be nice to have a scaleable UI.

And that goes double for the shitty-ass tiny-ass website resolution that doesn't scale for [parasitic bomb] on a tiny-ass phone screen and I'm sitting there having to zoom in just to read it enough to [tornado fang]ing navigate with my phone held less than a foot away from my face.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
"Animals. They're like friends you can eat."

I freaking love Wait Wait Don't Tell Me

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Well, I'm going to the doctor on Friday.  My ear's still clogged, my balance is all out of whack... No amount of ear cleaner drops is helping, so it's time I just go in and get this taken care of.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Well, I'm going to the doctor on Friday.  My ear's still clogged, my balance is all out of whack... No amount of ear cleaner drops is helping, so it's time I just go in and get this taken care of.

Are they going to do that thing where they flush your ear out? That always feels really weird. X_x

I got the same ear issues as you it seems, I gotta go in too sooner or later as well.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
I sure hope so! I'll even ask for it!

Offline NitroWhite

• Java Maker
  • Robot Master
  • I hate all of you
    • View Profile
What is your favorite band that you listen to, the one you listen to the most?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Either Metallica or Pink Floyd.

Offline NitroWhite

• Java Maker
  • Robot Master
  • I hate all of you
    • View Profile
Mine is Tiamat, they have variety in their sound. They're mostly gothic/doom. Their Wildhoney album however is more psychedelic and closer to say Pink Floyd I guess, just a bit heavier on some songs.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
The Kindred's my favorite but they're still between albums so Periphery's my top.

And yeah I heard about GOG's new feature.