Code: HARDCORE - Super Robot Wars-inspired 2D Platform Battle Game (FUNDED!)

ViperAcidZX · 2233

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
[youtube]youtu.be/JYTKejO1xXw[/youtube]

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1609568567/code-hardcore-the-coolest-2d-mecha-battle-game

Late for the party since this game was just funded today and I just heard about this game a little while ago on Steam, but I'd like to share you guys and the mecha fans out there. Code: HARDCORE is an indie game that takes inspirations of run-and-gun games such as Contra and Metal Slug, the competitive gameplay of first-person shooters like Call of Duty (in their words), and the crazy and over-the-top cinematic action of Super Robot Wars. I know the devs mentioning Call of Duty being one of their inspirations behind this project might raise a few eyebrows, but going by the trailer, this game looks phenomenal. The combat looks very fluid, impactful, fun, and awesome to look at. You not only get to pilot mechas, you can eject and take the battle on foot; the game's single-player campaign mentions there will be stealth-based actions like hacking the enemies' mechas or sabotaging their base. There's not only an emphasis on competitive multiplayer modes, Code: HARDCORE will also feature a few single-player modes as well such as the aforementioned story campaign, an Arcade Mode, and a Survival Mode.

Although the game was funded, I'm hoping to see the Artbook, PlayStation 4 port (despite not having one myself), the extra mechas, maps, boss stages, the playable boss, and the Famous CV goals met while there are still 39 days left considering the overwhelming success their demo got.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
This really looks promising, glad it's been funded with plenty of time left for funding lots of extra goodies.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Already we met the Level 4 Goal (Two Extra Mechas), another 90K-ish to go to Level 7 (Famous CV).

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
This looks incredible. Is it even out yet?

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I don't think it's coming out this year, but maybe later in the following year if the October 2017 date on the backer rewards are any indication of the game's release window as long as nothing happens during the development of the game.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Holy [parasitic bomb] this looks great.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)