Project Beast; possible sequel to Demons Souls?

Blue Valkyrie · 10692

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: April 08, 2015, 02:15:12 AM
There's a way around without getting the key, but it involves dropping down a tower pit. You ride up an elevator first near the Cathedral Ward lantern.

As for the lore...
[spoiler]Pretty sure tainted blood is shared with everyone. Since the orphanage was probably full of sick children, they were given the blood to "heal".[/spoiler]

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: April 08, 2015, 02:45:00 AM
[spoiler]The infection of the blood seems to have come from the blood healing arts it's self and as it became more common in the city it quickly spread and soon the church was forced to begin the hunts under Ludwig to quell any beasts.

But the cause can be traced back to the people who likely made the blood healing arts to begin with, I believe them to be Pthumerians who carved out the dungeons found below Byrgenwerth and where the knowledge that led to it's spread and the creation of Healing Church when Luarance left to share(?) the knowledge beyond Byrgenwerth's gates.

"The old labyrinth was carved out by the Pthumerians. superhuman beings that are said to have unlocked the wisdom of the eldritch truth." 

We mainly encounter them in the chalice dungeons but several seem to have joined the church or rather the Old Ones controlling it as they patrol the Church Ward up until the Grand Cathedral. Blood Healing must have come from them, and as it was likely invented via "Eldritch wisdom" the old ones could likely infect the people and attempt to find their desired surrogate children from among the infected.

Also theres is signs they held blood in the same importance as the later Pthumeru areas have alot of pits filled with corpses and rivers of blood, perhaps collecting it for rituals of their own? Sound similar to some of the areas up above?

At least thats how I see things. Once I finish the Chalice dungeons I might know for sure.  XD[/spoiler]

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: April 08, 2015, 03:40:09 AM
There's a way around without getting the key, but it involves dropping down a tower pit. You ride up an elevator first near the Cathedral Ward lantern.

You mean through that door that only opens after you go through Old Yharnam, apparently?

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: April 08, 2015, 04:37:33 PM
DaveControlLive (my favorite Souls lore uploader) has just released an excellent video about Bloodborne's story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJOL5iRXvqA

Obviously spoilers, but it goes into great detail about the events leading up to the player's appearance and what our actions effected in the grand scheme of the story. He also does a neat look on all three endings and the impact they might have.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: April 09, 2015, 12:35:54 AM
It's an interesting take on it, to be sure.

You mean through that door that only opens after you go through Old Yharnam, apparently?

Is it necessary to go through Old Yharnam first? I don't think it is, but I can't say for sure.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: April 09, 2015, 12:48:05 AM
Beating the Blood Starved Beast is what opens that door to the Hunter's Workshop elevator, the Workshop, the abandoned workshop and the optional area of the chuch ward with the fire gemstone.

Far as I know no other boss triggers that. (Vicar Amiella might but I haven't tested that)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: April 09, 2015, 01:31:35 PM
Well, whatever.  I'm working on getting through Henwick (sp?) Charnel Lane right now.  Opened the second shortcut, but then I got ground into hamburger by the big axe guys and lost a big pile of echoes I was too stupid to run back and spend first.  Soooo I went back to the dream, upgraded my main weapon a bunch and called it a night.  We'll see where I manage to get later.

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: April 09, 2015, 02:31:08 PM
Being grind into chunks is half the fun of these games!  8D

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: April 12, 2015, 03:03:42 PM
Right.  Grinding and grinding some more, I got through Hemwick Charnel Lane (all this for a 3% damage reduction; sheesh).  Went back to Cathedral Ward and fought Amelia, then finally went into Old Yharnam and cleared it out too.  I have yet to decide what I'm going to do next, but it's telling of this game's difficulty that the common enemies can still utterly wreck your [parasitic bomb] even when you're disgustingly over-leveled.

The Other Side

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: April 12, 2015, 07:44:40 PM
You're not going to like some of the Chalice Dungeons, I can say that much.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: April 13, 2015, 01:56:54 AM
That 3% physical damage reduction is nothing to scoff at, remember it scales with your stats so the more you level the more effective it is.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: April 15, 2015, 04:30:55 AM
Well, got the Platinum. I can safely say that I enjoyed the game immensely. I'm not really a fan of the Chalice Dungeons though, they feel rather bland. I can understand why some may like them, but I'm not feeling the love for them that the majority seem to be having.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: April 15, 2015, 09:08:59 AM
Its a neat game, though so far, the bosses dont quite feel right. Maybe its just because I preferred playing sword n' board in souls, but having to instead rely on quickstepping and gunparrying just feels weird. especially when many larger bosses ruin the camera when locked on.

From the few boss fights ive gotten so far though, looks like, true to form, the "human" boss fights are gonna be the best ones. Cleric Beast is cool as an intro boss, but Gascoigne is where it's at.

[tornado fang] Bloodstarved beast. good thing its optional.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: April 15, 2015, 10:50:54 PM
Bloodstarved beast is hilariously easy though.

Step 1: Get in it's face
Step 2: Walk/Dodge to the left while staying close
Step 3: Profit

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: September 16, 2015, 04:31:15 AM
! No longer available

Quote from: Playstation Blog
Set in a nightmare world where hunters from the past are trapped forever, explore brand new stages full of dangers, rewards, and deadly beasts to overcome. You’ll find multiple new outfits and weapons to add to your arsenal as well as additional magic to wield and add more variety to your combat strategy.

We don't see much new, but the few new weapons and areas we see are interesting. New arcane items too (I assume there will be more than one).

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: September 16, 2015, 04:38:45 AM
They added a bow weapon-I can't wait to see if it's just a ranged weapon like the pistols or finally some form of ranged main weapon.  8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: September 16, 2015, 08:29:30 PM
considering the way weapons work in BB, I imagine that R1s will be quick shots, and holding down R2 will be a fully pulled back arrow shot

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: September 16, 2015, 11:30:21 PM
I imagine so yeah.