Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1058971

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #21175 on: June 25, 2014, 05:34:51 AM
Ugh I'm just glad that the only real trouble case in my family is my aunt Giovanna who is married to my mom's brother. 

Seriously the lady is an idiot and can hold a grudge over the littlest things.  She still holds one over my abuela for throwing something away while people were talking because she thought it would be rude.  I mean it's just as rude to deny someone the use of a trash can because people are talking, it's [tornado fang]ing stupid.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #21176 on: June 25, 2014, 05:43:29 AM
I really don't want to think of what might happen, but I have to so I know what to expect.  This sucks.  This sucks so much.   I love my grandma.  I don't want anything to happen to her.  Not like this.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #21177 on: June 25, 2014, 05:54:22 AM
Well there's no news about it at the moment, and honestly I'm equally sick of the damn whining everytime you bring it up.  I mean yeah I get sick hearing about the Hypno creepy pasta since it's really [tornado fang]ing old, but I can just ignore it.

I honestly feel as if something got mixed up here. Maybe because my last post got ninja'd by your last post or something, or maybe because looking back my last post made no sense.

I didn't say anything about the sig? Just about pokemon in general, I'm just a bit tired of it. But honestly, I don't care if anybody posts it or not.

I'm just a bit bored and irritable lately. Summer weather is unreasonably hot and apparently it seems like everybody went and got a life the second summer started because we've seriously been having 3-4 hour intervals between posts and nothing seems to be going on at all.

I'd be less annoyed honestly if Something Awful hadn't decided to [tornado fang] its servers up and take the forums down. I'd spend my time there and then come here and post something nobody would read, but now its literally me coming here on my breaks or whenever I have free time and everybody's lurking and not posting. So I post things, but I always post in threads literally nobody else but me cares about. And I also always talk about [parasitic bomb] nobody else but me cares about so it never really works out.

Anyway, let me just finish my stupid rambling up.

Sorry for complaining about pokemon constantly.
Sorry for complaining about the complete lack of activity here constantly.

I'll be quiet.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #21178 on: June 25, 2014, 05:58:16 AM
I have real life to attend to, and it doesn't provide much conversation.  And the only thing worthy of discussion can't be discussed here due to our policies.  Let's just say that a certain someone on TFN made an ass of himself (again) and offended more than a few people.  The Mod Squad is discussing him.

Yes, I am talking about That Friend.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21179 on: June 25, 2014, 06:05:37 AM
I'm still trying to find inspiration for writing Wilypocalypse stuff, and then when I finish one part I want to run it over with PB just in case since I like running stuff over with him.  I've also been sleeping late and sleeping in because I enjoy it so much now that I can do it again and watching Youtube videos since at the moment there's not a lot of activity.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #21180 on: June 25, 2014, 06:14:43 AM
Let's see, I'm on the last case of Ace Attorney Investigations. Trying to finish it up quickly, as I put it up for auction on eBay, which will end in a few days. So I have to complete it as soon as possible. I've never sold an Ace Attorney game before, but I see no reason to keep this one; it's pretty disappointing as a whole.

Also, I have my eye on a 999/VLR Artbook on eBay. Since it's a Japanese import, it's difficult to find the book under $50, but I found one cheap enough that I just might get.

The downside is that it's used (very good condition, as it states), but I want that book way too much to care.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #21181 on: June 25, 2014, 06:36:55 AM
Took a shower, had a rant, back to worrying about Mammaw until I decide to go to sleep, where most of that will be spent worrying.

Or, I could play Pokemon some more.  Take my mind off things.  Raise my Xatu.  Work on my various breeding programs. 

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21182 on: June 25, 2014, 06:47:17 AM
I really should have posted this weeks ago but let's discuss this figure.

http://kotaku.com/an-anime-figure-you-will-never-forget-1582522144

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #21183 on: June 25, 2014, 06:50:35 AM
I also wanted the Official Ace Attorney artbook (Art of Ace Attorney), but you'll be lucky to find one under $180. Apparently, it's extremely rare for whatever reason, so people take advantage of that to raise the price to ridiculous levels.

I don't feel too bad about not getting it though. I heard that most of the art in that book can be found easily online. There's really only a few exclusive early sketches and concepts; particularly from Apollo Justice. So, I suppose it doesn't matter in the end.

I just wish AA got a worthy artbook like MegaMan X Complete Works.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #21184 on: June 25, 2014, 06:52:30 AM
HOLY FREAKIN CRAP DAT HAIR

I want that figure.  If I put it on my pie safe, the hair might actually touch the ductwork on the ceiling.  If not, it will come really freakin' close to it!  That is some amazing hair.

His left knee, on the other hand... it's looking a bit... inverted.  At first, I thought perhaps they were going to discuss anatomical fail, but aside from that knee, I couldn't see anything really worth mentioning.

Then I saw the hair.

Holy crap.

QuickEdit: Upon closer inspection, he has something of both a swayback and a hunchback, and his right knee is equally messed up.  Not quite as inverted as his left, but the knee is crap.

That hair, though, distracted me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21185 on: June 25, 2014, 06:53:43 AM
Keep in mind that was a 14 year old boy who just became an adult so the anatomy might look off anyway.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #21186 on: June 25, 2014, 06:54:20 AM
My bullshit phone can't even view those pictures.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #21187 on: June 25, 2014, 06:57:17 AM
He also has no junk, upon closer inspection of the crotch.  Them be some tight shorts.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21188 on: June 25, 2014, 06:58:41 AM
Well yeah he just turned into an adult so his clothes don't really fit him. 

AND NOW THE COSPLAY!

http://kotaku.com/this-years-most-memorable-anime-figure-gets-an-unforget-1591340960?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

EDIT: Also I think he was actually 12-13 before he turned into an adult somehow so yeah even weirder.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #21189 on: June 25, 2014, 07:10:29 AM
Needs taller garbage bag hair. :P

Now that I'm working out the size of the hair in my head and how I would go about building it, I wonder how much it would weigh.  If I were to build it, and assuming that Gon stands at 6', then the hair would be 18' tall.  Including Gon's body, him plus the hair would stand at a whopping 24' tall!

To make 18' of hair with my usual materials, I'd have to build an armature, and that itself would easily weigh fifteen-twenty pounds, depending on materials.  For it to be sturdy, I'd build a central tower out of PVC pipe, and build the framework around it with other materials.  Then, the outer covering would require at least five-ten rolls of duct tape. 

Wearing that would require your neck to support nearly thirty pounds (if not more) of headdress.

Another option would be to get a small air pump or a fan and make the hair out of a nylon material and just have a fan constantly blowing air into it to keep it inflated. 

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21190 on: June 25, 2014, 07:18:19 AM
Yeah and then you have to worry about it not bumping into the door.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #21191 on: June 25, 2014, 07:24:34 AM
The fan option would be much lighter and doorways would push it over.  However, in places with low ceilings, the hair would only inflate up to the ceiling.  It'd also be liable to get caught in doors.  This would be an outside-only cosplay for the most part.

Another problem would be keeping it secure.  With either option, a good wind would knock the hair right off.  A chin strap would be a good addition, as it would help with stability.  Having elastic around the bottom to better hug your head will also be beneficial to keeping it inflated, as there would be less leaking.

For the inflated option, you'd need a place for air intake.  Having the fan on the back would allow air intake.  The base of the hair would need to be a solid structure, with the rest being nylon.

A powerful computer fan could keep the hair inflated.  It requires a battery pack, so that would either need to be kept in the shirt or in the base of the hair.

...why am I putting so much thought into this?  I already have a cosplay in mind and it's Professor X. 

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21192 on: June 25, 2014, 08:24:36 AM
My brother is apparently playing Final Fantasy 6 since I can hear the overworld theme.  Then I thought about brentalfloss' beerics.

Final Fantasy VI With BEERics - brentalfloss

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #21193 on: June 25, 2014, 09:07:04 AM
apparently the tv in the basement is perfect for playing old games on.
none of the color or picture issues that come from playing older games on HD screens. its nice.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #21194 on: June 25, 2014, 09:31:01 AM
Dammit, people are starting to bid on the 999/VLR Artbook. I didn't think many people knew about it, seeing as how it's been up for a while without any bidding activity.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #21195 on: June 25, 2014, 09:39:44 AM
Shovel Knight releases in a day. Might have to settle for the Steam version, since the Europe console releases are still pending due to ratings...

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #21196 on: June 25, 2014, 09:41:15 AM
Dammit, people are starting to bid on the 999/VLR Artbook. I didn't think many people knew about it, seeing as how it's been up for a while without any bidding activity.
and now you know how I felt a few days ago.

on another note of who cares, somebody released the raws of the really high quality Italian Sailor Moon DVDs.

So once those get subtitles nobody will ever have to deal with overly filtered, smoothed down garbage like what's available now.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #21197 on: June 25, 2014, 10:10:46 AM
Definitely getting the 3DS version of Shovel Knight.

I'm so [tornado fang]ing ready!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #21198 on: June 25, 2014, 10:13:29 AM
Definitely getting the 3DS version of Shovel Knight.

I'm so [tornado fang]ing ready!

This of course mean's you'll have to wait two days as eShop only updates on thursdays.

I'll probably get whatever version, probably steam.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #21199 on: June 25, 2014, 03:04:26 PM
Actually, the game releases on all platforms on Thursday (June 26); including Steam.