Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #15675 on: February 05, 2014, 08:49:56 AM
Yuck.

Anywho, I'm going to bed.  I have ice to scrape up in the morning.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #15676 on: February 05, 2014, 09:08:56 AM
Okay, I guess the only way to beat the final boss in Skullgirls is to [tornado fang]ing cheese it because there's no good way to do it otherwise.

Then again I'm sure my "strategies" don't work on anything other than easy so there's that.

Why does the thing say I'm quoting a post? I'm not.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15677 on: February 05, 2014, 04:36:17 PM
Well that 5cms of snow fall turned into raging white out conditions, we were driving out of town to work could barely see the car in front us and couldn't see the one behind us. We took one look at each other and said "Naaaaaaah" and turned back.

Going to try to head in at lunch when this snowstorm is going to end (apparently).

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #15678 on: February 05, 2014, 05:17:05 PM
As much as I hate Apple, I can never deny their headphones kick ass.

The fact that I'm using a pair on an Android phone would probably have gotten me lynched from Starbucks this morning if anyone had noticed though.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15679 on: February 05, 2014, 05:29:34 PM
As much as I hate Apple, I can never deny their headphones kick ass.

The fact that I'm using a pair on an Android phone would probably have gotten me lynched from Starbucks this morning if anyone had noticed though.

Don't worry, anybody who cares enough about that sort of thing, and goes to Starbucks, probably couldn't win a fight with a paper bag.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #15680 on: February 05, 2014, 05:31:18 PM
On another note I finished my sixth run of Dishonored. Finally decided to go killy stabby on everyone. Gonna do the same for the DLC then make a Mostly Flesh and Steel run and take a break from the game for once. Pay more attention to the Thief series seeing as how I FINALLY got back around to Deadly Shadows. Summer sale, gonna pick up all three on Steam and hope T4 makes it soon.

But yeah I love Thief. Sucks that I couldn't get it working until recently but I love it. It's like the whole game is actually... A stealth game!

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #15681 on: February 05, 2014, 07:03:55 PM
I need to figure out what kind of techniques/class Asch can use in the Wily RP.  

Sakura is a Magic Knight/Sword Master since most of Zero's sword techniques are roughly the same but they can change elemental properties, Borock-bot is a White Mage that is a copy of Borockman who is a copy of Megaman so he sometimes gets some Robot Master abilities due to Wily giving me that idea after the Coffeeman fight, and Zeta is a Wind Adept/Air Bender that can use a Spear and Hammer.

Asch I have no idea what I should do, should I make him a Fire Adept/Fire Bender, should I make him a straight up Seiken Densetsu 3 Monk and have Borock-bot teach him some limited White Magic?  This is tough to be honest. :\

And I have no idea what Ego FRESCA training would do for Zeta either. :\

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15682 on: February 05, 2014, 07:09:27 PM
Fire Benders are always fun, some really creative ways to manipulate fire and gives you some options during storylines.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15683 on: February 05, 2014, 07:14:28 PM
Yeah this came up since Asch currently knows how to fire Hadokens and use the Shoryuken so I was wondering if Asch can learn how to Falcon Punch since the Shoryuken doesn't have the best aim due to it's trajectory.  I also like the idea of a limited White Mage monk since Borock-bot is the only healer right now since Kathy can't heal Humans or really actually heal and there are few Pokemon that can learn Heal Pulse.

It's something I want to figure out.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #15684 on: February 05, 2014, 07:21:54 PM
Shoveled up a bunch of ice.  I prefer shoveling snow.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15685 on: February 05, 2014, 07:40:24 PM
Shoveled up a bunch of ice.  I prefer shoveling snow.

I read that as "rice".

I bought a Seagate external drive, used, and I couldn't get it to detect properly. I emailed Seagate and they told me the software meant for that drive doesn't work on Windows 8. And they told me a piece of software meant for a different drive that will work and will work in Windows 8. I don't think I've ever seen a company recommend such a solution, or even admit to that sort of thing. Good job remembering the priority when providing support. Hint: It's not lip-service or canned responses that don't even apply to the situation(*cough*Sony*cough*).

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15686 on: February 05, 2014, 07:41:15 PM
Wow that is good customer service.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #15687 on: February 05, 2014, 07:41:51 PM
On another note I finished my sixth run of Dishonored. Finally decided to go killy stabby on everyone. Gonna do the same for the DLC then make a Mostly Flesh and Steel run and take a break from the game for once. Pay more attention to the Thief series seeing as how I FINALLY got back around to Deadly Shadows. Summer sale, gonna pick up all three on Steam and hope T4 makes it soon.

But yeah I love Thief. Sucks that I couldn't get it working until recently but I love it. It's like the whole game is actually... A stealth game!

You just reminded me that I have the first two Thief games on GOG.

I should give the first game a download.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #15688 on: February 05, 2014, 08:01:16 PM
Yeah this came up since Asch currently knows how to fire Hadokens and use the Shoryuken so I was wondering if Asch can learn how to Falcon Punch since the Shoryuken doesn't have the best aim due to it's trajectory.  I also like the idea of a limited White Mage monk since Borock-bot is the only healer right now since Kathy can't heal Humans or really actually heal and there are few Pokemon that can learn Heal Pulse.

It's something I want to figure out.

She can heal machines, such as our robotic pals, which is limited to her technokinesis, but since this is one of her secondary powers, her cyber-healing is very limited; so she only uses it in emergencies.

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15689 on: February 05, 2014, 08:02:59 PM
She can heal machines, such as our robotic pals, which is limited to her technokinesis, but since this is one of her secondary powers, her cyber-healing is very limited; so she only uses it in emergencies.
Okay I thought she can just control metal to seal up wounds and not actually heal.  Still we could use more healers for the humans.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15690 on: February 05, 2014, 08:05:20 PM
Well scrap any plans of going into work, managed to get some of the Co-op students into do some minor work so I'm not screwed tomorrow. Looks like I have some free time now, time to do a new run through Demons Souls.  8D

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15691 on: February 05, 2014, 08:11:42 PM
Okay I thought she can just control metal to seal up wounds and not actually heal.  Still we could use more healers for the humans.
She can repair armor according to her knowledge of metal, which is part of her metallokinesis.
I'm thinking maybe she could heal humans with her Ergokinesis, but can't think of a decent method other than sacrificing her own life energy to another. I need to take a look at her list of powers to see if there's anything useful.

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15692 on: February 05, 2014, 08:17:30 PM
Honestly you should try to keep things simple, too many powers can make things too confusing and over powered. Megamaning and multiple powers are very hard to do right and I honestly somewhat regret the whole Borock-bot copying powers idea Wily gave me so I might retcon it and say it never happened.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #15693 on: February 05, 2014, 08:43:02 PM
Limit yourself to four or five powers and list them.  They can do what the plot needs, but limit the amount.  It gets less confusing.  Also, beware of too many powers, as it could make your character overpowered and god-moding.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15694 on: February 05, 2014, 08:50:56 PM
Limit yourself to four or five powers and list them.  They can do what the plot needs, but limit the amount.  It gets less confusing.  Also, beware of too many powers, as it could make your character overpowered and god-moding.
Yeah that's why I'm trying to make my characters use weapons, techniques and a theme per say like Borock-bot being a White Mage and his weapon is a Ping Pong paddle with the balls being made of Holy Power. 

They can pierce but he can't hit really hard, Holy is his strongest attack but it can't pierce so his weaker attacks are more useful.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15695 on: February 05, 2014, 08:58:53 PM

Agreed.

Blue for example, her base form is very simple. She's durable and super strong as well as agile. However she needs to be able to throw enemies or objects to hit anyone at range. Clear strengths and weaknesses, nothing overpowered.

But I recently introduced in Blue's second adventure the concept of Elemental Forms, as each form grants a new set of powers this could in theory make her overpowered so I came up with some built in rules to avoid that.

Tell me how they sound I'm trying to avoid making them seem god like.

1. Blue must be at near full strength to transform at all, anything over minor damage and she doesn't have the energy to pull off a transformation.

2. Blue can turn back to normal when ever she wants, but she can't transform again for at least an hour in RP. Also all damage inflicted on her transfer between forms so she can't transform to heal her self.

3.Forms can only have up to two offensive powers and one defensive or special ability. (like flying or turning into a mermaid for her Water Form)

4.Being in a form makes her basically able to shrug off damage of that element but makes her vulnerable to other types of attacks.

Fire Form is weak to water attacks.
Water form is weak to lightning attacks.
Earth Form is weak to fire attacks.
Wind Form is weak to Earth attacks

Hows that sound?

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15696 on: February 05, 2014, 09:00:15 PM
If I solely gave her omnikinesis, then I'd be god-modding. But let's not talk about that, shall we.

As I've taken a look, I can see a few abilities I can rub out, for that RP. Since Ergokinesis is her primary ability, I think Metal, Technology and Gravity can be her secondaries, for now.

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15697 on: February 05, 2014, 09:04:37 PM
Can you explain Ergokinesis again?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #15698 on: February 05, 2014, 09:17:17 PM
As a Pokemon RP example, I tended to categorize Mewtwo's powers (and by extension, Twoey and Runaway) under Psychic.  Anything else needed is a subset of Psychic.  Disable, for example, becomes a subset of Psychic, as Mewtwo uses psychic abilities for it.  Telepathy is a subset of Psychic, as is telekinesis (not the move), mind-reading, free flight (used through telekinesis), and whatever other power Mewtwo needs to pull out of his butt as the plot demands.

So, for your character, just sum it up as psychic and be done.  Psychic is pretty versatile.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15699 on: February 05, 2014, 09:20:25 PM
Can you explain Ergokinesis again?
Energy manipulation to be precise.

You could say her fighting style is a lot like Rock Howard and Yuri Sakazaki.

Fear me.