Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1058946

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #11725 on: November 18, 2013, 04:24:03 PM
Yeah, that one threw me.  I mean the rest is fine, as if he's an old Kanto/Johto veteran like me, there's going to be some stuff that's going to be new to him.

The evolution thing, though.  Just... wow.
Even if he is, I think he's asking too much and needs to figure somethings out himself.  It's like he doesn't want to think, it's the sheer amount of questions that really just makes me look at the screen blankly, say 'really' and ignore it most of the time.  I mean I feel the more he gets spoon fed the more harm we're doing.  And I still get the feeling that something is not entirely right with him from the nature of his questions, that honestly bugs me still.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11726 on: November 18, 2013, 04:32:35 PM
Yeah, most of the stuff he can look up himself.  While it's nice to have clarification that Serebii and Bulbapedia may not provide, the most basic things should just be looked up.  I don't mind answering the Pokemon-amie questions, as I don't think many of us here mess with it as much as I've been, and Bulbapedia only details the technical aspects of it.  So, those are perfectly fine.

But this whole thing with the Pikachu...  I mean, sure, if he doesn't want to evolve it, that's fine.  His reasons for not wanting to evolve it somewhat (barely) match my last-minute reason why I didn't name my Mewtwo--Mewtwo is entitled to keep his name, as he earned it.  Also, I didn't have a decent nickname lined up, and my intended nickname required too much explanation.  But, mainly, I was going by "I caught Classic Mewtwo!" superficial anime-based reasoning.

Though, if he's concerned about the strength of his team, then he needs to make sacrifices.  Either evolve Pikachu, or replace it with a more-capable fighter.  Lucario is also an anime character, so use him and spam Aura Sphere like it's going out of style!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11727 on: November 18, 2013, 04:38:11 PM
Yeah Pokemon-Amie is fine since it's a pretty new feature and I sure don't have that figured out.  I didn't even know it could recognize voices and I don't know how the facial recognition works but I don't use it anyway.  But even then I think he should figure somethings out himself, he needs to experiment.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11728 on: November 18, 2013, 04:41:09 PM
The facial recognition software isn't very precise, as you need to exaggerate your expressions.  If your Pokemon request you wink, you have to wink in this overdone cartoonish manner.  Glasses also interfere, so I often take mine off.  The voice-recognition, from what I can determine, merely picks up sounds, as they'll respond to burps and coughs.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #11729 on: November 18, 2013, 04:43:07 PM
The voice-recognition, from what I can determine, merely picks up sounds, as they'll respond to burps and coughs.

You purposefully burped and coughed on your 3DS?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11730 on: November 18, 2013, 04:44:33 PM
Not on purpose! XD

The coughs were from the bad cold I had.  I usually turned my head, but the mic would pick it up and Mewtwo would perk up.  My Farfetch'd perked up when I burped once.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11731 on: November 18, 2013, 04:46:31 PM
The facial recognition software isn't very precise, as you need to exaggerate your expressions.  If your Pokemon request you wink, you have to wink in this overdone cartoonish manner.  Glasses also interfere, so I often take mine off.  The voice-recognition, from what I can determine, merely picks up sounds, as they'll respond to burps and coughs.
Yeah the facial recognition is quite frankly terrible, which is really bad since that was one of the more prominent features in the trailers.  

I also wish there was a way to throw away Pokepuffs that doesn't require you to drop it to the floor and get your Pokemon mad.  I think Pokemon Z needs to do a few teaks here or there and have a lot more clothing options among other things.  I also vainly hope for some updates once the Pokemon Bank starts up, like being able to get more Mega Evolutions or Hidden Abilities for Pokemon not in the game.  I mean we already have Mega Latios and Latias, I want to see a [tornado fang]ing Mega Feraligatr that's even more scary than Salamence.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #11732 on: November 18, 2013, 04:47:24 PM
Not on purpose! XD

The coughs were from the bad cold I had.  I usually turned my head, but the mic would pick it up and Mewtwo would perk up.  My Farfetch'd perked up when I burped once.

Ah, okay. That makes more sense. 8D

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11733 on: November 18, 2013, 04:50:05 PM
Put Puffs into the room for visiting Pokemon.  Or do you mean while feeding?  Once they start eating really slowly, I stop giving them Puffs.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11734 on: November 18, 2013, 04:58:30 PM
Put Puffs into the room for visiting Pokemon.  Or do you mean while feeding?  Once they start eating really slowly, I stop giving them Puffs.
I do that but I has a [parasitic bomb] load of puffs, especially low leveled ones since those Pokemon give me low level puffs.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #11735 on: November 18, 2013, 05:00:49 PM
Rotate out for newer Pokemon that you don't really care for affection, and feed them those lower puffs?

... I know, that sounded mean.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11736 on: November 18, 2013, 05:02:17 PM
Guess you'll have to start taking out random Pokemon just to feed!  

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11737 on: November 18, 2013, 05:03:47 PM
Rotate out for newer Pokemon that you don't really care for affection, and feed them those lower puffs?

... I know, that sounded mean.
Perhaps, that takes forever though.  Really I just get too many puffs, especially since the mini games are pretty fun.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11738 on: November 18, 2013, 05:10:18 PM
Well, after playing games, your Pokemon will be hungry again, so you can cycle through Puffs that way. 

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11739 on: November 18, 2013, 05:11:53 PM
Well, after playing games, your Pokemon will be hungry again, so you can cycle through Puffs that way. 
True but since I do good in those games the amount of Puffs I get are much more than the Pokemon eats.  I never have less than like 3 pages full of puffs.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #11740 on: November 18, 2013, 05:12:17 PM
Aye, Head It Unlimited is extremely addictive.

And I hate Tile Puzzle Unlimited.
A score of 7000 just to get 5 stars!? THE [tornado fang]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11741 on: November 18, 2013, 05:13:51 PM
I just started playing the Hard mode of the tile puzzle and already unlocked the next level in it.  Afterward, Runaway fell asleep.  So cute. :3

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11742 on: November 18, 2013, 05:18:32 PM
Aye, Head It Unlimited is extremely addictive.

And I hate Tile Puzzle Unlimited.
A score of 7000 just to get 5 stars!? THE [tornado fang]
I love Puzzle Unlimited, but the easiest to get five stars is Berry Picker Unlimited.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11743 on: November 18, 2013, 05:20:37 PM
I've yet to try the other games.  I'm a puzzle addict, so I play the Tile Puzzle.  Berry Picker looks like it might be a Tetris-like game, but I haven't messed with it, and Head It requires reflexes I don't have.  Rhythm, I can do.  Quick reflexes?  Hah!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11744 on: November 18, 2013, 05:23:23 PM
I've yet to try the other games.  I'm a puzzle addict, so I play the Tile Puzzle.  Berry Picker looks like it might be a Tetris-like game, but I haven't messed with it, and Head It requires reflexes I don't have.  Rhythm, I can do.  Quick reflexes?  Hah!
Nah it's just you give the right berry to the right Pokemon.  It gets harder the longer you're in it but I got about 130 berries in Unlimited when the requirement for the full 5 stars is 100.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #11745 on: November 18, 2013, 05:24:15 PM
I love Puzzle Unlimited, but the easiest to get five stars is Berry Picker Unlimited.
I find Head It Unlimited to be easier for me. Dem chaining.
I just want to get the supreme puff from Puzzle Unlimited. But seriously 7000? My highest in Puzzle Unlimited is only 900. >_>

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11746 on: November 18, 2013, 05:25:05 PM
Ah.  I'll give it a go.  What about Head It?  If it's anything like the hobby horse race mini-game in Mario Party, holy [parasitic bomb] why am I not playing it because I am undefeated in that mini-game.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11747 on: November 18, 2013, 05:27:09 PM
I find Head It Unlimited to be easier for me. Dem chaining.
I just want to get the supreme puff from Puzzle Unlimited. But seriously 7000? My highest in Puzzle Unlimited is only 900. >_>
I just find Puzzle Unlimted more enjoyable.  My average is about like 5,000.  Do you know the trick to it?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11748 on: November 18, 2013, 05:30:40 PM
Chaining... so... Puzzle game?  Like Columns, or Bejeweled, or Tetris, or Sega Swirl, or anything else like that?  Holy [parasitic bomb], I need to play that and never stop...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11749 on: November 18, 2013, 05:32:50 PM
Chaining... so... Puzzle game?  Like Columns, or Bejeweled, or Tetris, or Sega Swirl, or anything else like that?  Holy [parasitic bomb], I need to play that and never stop...
Not really like that, there's 3 Pokemon and they'll ask for a specific berry and you give it to them.