Solar · 18568

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #125 on: September 19, 2013, 12:35:50 AM

It's a Duck Blur! Capcom is excited to share the quack-tastic news that a disc-based version of DuckTales: Remastered will be hitting retail store shelves across North America on November 12. Currently available as a digital download through Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Nintendo eShop and PC, DuckTales: Remastered will offer an all-new $19.99 disc-based alternative to players on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii U.

Originally released in 1989 on the Nintendo Entertainment System , DuckTales was widely acknowledged as one of the generation's seminal platform titles. DuckTales: Remastered once again follows the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his nephews - Huey, Dewey and Louie, as they explore different themed worlds on their search for five legendary treasures.

The development team at WayForward have taken the levels and layout from the original release and expanded on them to significantly enhance the gameplay experience; but where this update truly impresses is its graphics and sound. All of the visuals from the 8-bit game have been beautifully re-created as hand-drawn and animated sprites, across a backdrop of luscious, re-envisioned level backgrounds. Furthermore, original Disney Character Voices talent, including some from the cartoon TV series, bring in-game characters to life with charm and wit, while the classic melodies of the original soundtrack are given a modern twist.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: September 19, 2013, 12:38:20 AM
Interesting that they're making this disc based.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: September 19, 2013, 02:30:12 AM
I guess it did well enough to warrant trying this. Oh well, if it means a stronger chance to get Darkwing Duck Remastered, I'm all for it!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: September 19, 2013, 02:38:55 AM
Disc based version now?

Guess I'm not getting the downloadable one. I was gonna get it (Maybe the PS3 one with the pin) but now I can wait for a while.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #129 on: November 09, 2013, 08:16:41 PM
Too soon. :(

-EDIT-
Well at least I'm not being completely ripped off unlike certain fighting games from the few years. *cough*Street Fighter IV*cough*

Posted on: September 18, 2013, 09:52:13 PM
A new patch has been released recently.

Quote from: Patch notes
-Pogo fix- Some users reported that the pogo was unreliable.  Tweaking the window at which the game looks for the pogo input seems to have fixed the issue.  It seems that it was too short and that some users set ups were dropping input frames

-Flashing characters- Got rid of the flashing characters.

-Wii U crashing on the leaderboards

-Duckworth sometimes fails to lower down the safe.

-The title crashes to a black screen when skipping the pre-race cinematic of Magica and Glomgold.

-In certain conditions the title would fail to respawn correctly after a failed attempt for the race to the dime.

We've also addressed several stability and crash issues, but the above were the most reported.  If you have an issue you don't see, please check the patch if it's still there when the patch comes out.

We also added the below item due to a large request:

Quick Cinema mode- This mode will skip most of the cutscenes when activated.  The option will show up if you have at least one playthrough completed, even it if was pre-patch.  It's not a true speedrun option like we wanted to, but some areas, like removing the random number events proved to be risky.

The patch can be applied to both digital and the upcoming retail versions of the game.