Project X Zone 2

Solar · 18733

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: October 22, 2015, 09:33:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryAPxZNVKBI

A nice lengthy trailer came out.  It's japanese, of course, but still awesome.  Some things I noticed:
-Some of the characters who seemingly got shafted in the partner reshuffling are returning as support units, ie Estelle and Leanne.
-Edgeworth (Ace Attorney) and Tiki (Fire Emblem) both make appearances!  Not sure if they'll be support units or just NPCs, though, as they were shown only in dialogue scenes.
-Genmu Zero is back, appears to be a multi-enemy attack again.  Nothing on what X is doing during that move, though.
-Still haven't heard what Zero's theme is for this one, but the soundtrack listing includes "Opening Stage: Zero", so that would seem to narrow it down to 3, 4, 5, or 7.
-One of Lucina's attacks involves her firing off a bow in the Bride outfit.
-Ken and Ryu fight each other at some point, and it seems like Ken's the one going evil.
-Shooting minigame lets you play as either Xiaomu or Valkyrie.  I'd be surprised if there wasn't more.
-Apparently Saya has a bunny friend now?  ???
-Seems there is a lot more customization, although without being able to read the menus it's hard to say what exactly.

- I enjoy a good switch around.
- NPCs
- I know in an earlier video, it showed X using the Shoryuken.
- Either X3 or X4 probably.
- Lucina has the Bride class for another attack, IIRC.
- WE SFII THE MOVIE NOW. Dat Itoshisa To Setsunasa To Kokoro Tsuyosa To
- That's "Valkyrie no Boken: Toki no Kagi Densetsu with Xiaomu" Exclusive to the Original Game Sound Edition.
- I believe her name is Sheath. Voice by Kotono Mitsuishi (Usagi Tsukino) The PXZ2 blog points out that the character has bunny ears as a reference, IIRC.
- CP (customize points) for using to make your attacks stronger, and to unlock more skills, which have to be equipped this time around.

Sigma was not in the first PxZ.  The only Mega Man boss was Vile.

In PxZ2 Zero is clearly using attacks from X7 and X8, so they are using more recent stuff this time around, even if Sigma's body is from X4.

Vile MKII is in. Shows up for a split second in the latest PV.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: October 22, 2015, 11:52:16 PM
Vile MKII is in. Shows up for a split second in the latest PV.

I believe Klavier Gavin is also showing up for a mere split second on RPM.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: October 23, 2015, 07:23:46 AM
I believe Klavier Gavin is also showing up for a mere split second on RPM.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #78 on: November 06, 2015, 04:06:27 AM
- That's "Valkyrie no Boken: Toki no Kagi Densetsu with Xiaomu" Exclusive to the Original Game Sound Edition.
For those of us who speak english, that allegedly translates to "Adventure of Valkyrie: Legend of the Key of Time with Xiaomu".  Apparently it is a separate downloadable game, said special edition of PxZ2 containing a download code.

Here's 15 minutes of gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFNXJe63qqM

Not sure how/if they are handling that one outside Japan, but here's hoping.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #79 on: November 11, 2015, 06:38:14 AM
I remember finding out this game was being made literally a day after I bought PxZ1. -u-'

what

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: November 11, 2015, 06:47:24 AM
I remember finding out this game was being made literally a day after I bought PxZ1. -u-'

So?

This is a sequel, not a remake.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: November 12, 2015, 03:41:37 PM

Opening Stage Zero is from X4 btw.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: November 13, 2015, 12:02:39 AM

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: November 13, 2015, 12:56:58 AM
I love that he does the Hadouken.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: November 14, 2015, 05:06:43 AM
Excellent character art, and Nova Striking your enemy into the ground is just too awesome.  I'd have rather seen any of Zero's ground-punching moves over Sougenmu, though.

Opening Stage Zero is from X4 btw.
I'd have preferred X5, but X4's is still solid.  I'm curious to hear what it sounds like in PxZ2, since they had one hell of an X3 remix for X.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: November 24, 2015, 04:43:56 AM
I love that he does the Hadouken.

I love how he does that full buster shot from X3.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: January 01, 2016, 06:26:32 AM
Demo is coming next month.  Yay!

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alziVJHLbuw#[/yt]

Short-but-sweet trailer.  Rocking theme music, and plenty of footage of Reiji and Xiaomu in action.

Intro video:
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fEyrhVdlT0#[/yt]

And a nice big attack exhibition:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ8aOUygqjI#[/yt]

X and Zero start at 11:13.  The new multi-attack is pretty cool: Shippuga, Shoryuken/Ryuenjin, charged Triad Thunder/Rakuhouha, Genmu Zero.  Though, I must admit, it doesn't feel quite as powerful when you stop at one Genmu Zero (Zero spammed the crap out of that thing in the first PxZ, more like in X5).

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:20:55 AM by Hypershell »

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: January 31, 2016, 02:58:44 AM
So a little late, but the demo came out in the US this week.  Includes 3 stages.  Pair Units featured are Reiji and Xiaomu (Namco X Capcom), Jill and Chris (Resident Evil), Kazuma and Goro (Yakuza), Jin and Kazuya (Tekken), and Demitri and Morrigan (Darkstalkers).  Solo Units featured are Heihachi (Tekken), and Phoenix and Maya (Ace Attorney; yes they are treated as a Solo Unit even though they are obviously two people).  Baby Bonnie Hood (Darkstalkers) is the only boss you encounter.

Clearing the demo up to three times gets you some bonus items when the full game comes out.  Five to seven gets you some extra gold on top of that, and eight through ten some extra CP for powering up skills.  The enemies are ridiculously weak but grow steadily stronger as you clear/replay the demo.

The battle system's been tweaked quite a bit.  Biggest/most obvious change is that the turns now go by player/enemy rather than the individual unit, so you no longer have to worry about certain actions slowing down one of your units.  The game now pays attention to which way units are facing for attack advantages.  Normal attacks will charge if they go unused during a battle, increasing their damage for the next battle.  The "hold" that Cross Hits place on an enemy can now be broken by a launching attack, which increases said attack's damage (referred to as a Cross Break).  Then there's Mirage Cancel: Hit B during your attack to instantly stop and grant yourself an extra normal attack (drains the XP gauge, which is used for special attacks and blocking)

Reiji and Xiaomu are kinkier than ever, and the new Shinra engineer (who is also the game's shop keeper) is no slouch either. :V  Sheath, Saya's new bunny friend, is the textbook definition of hyperactive, but the demo doesn't tell you much about her.  Heihachi was accused of stealing bioweapons and thus hired Phoenix as his defense attorney.  Phoenix and Maya's ability to fight is actually a gift from Morrigan, who charges Maya's magatama (the one she wears on her necklace, not the one she gave Phoenix) with her own magic.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: February 21, 2016, 12:31:30 AM
Been playing the crap out of the game.

X and Zero join relatively early this time, Chapter 8 if I remember right.  Japanese opening song was preserved for the U.S. release, so that's cool.  The pre-order DLC pack items are "meh" and the Challenge chapter that comes with said pack downright sucks, so if you missed it, don't worry.  I do love the 3DS theme, though.

I just wish the limited edition had come out here.  You know, artbook, soundtrack, Adventure of Valkyrie with Xiaomu, all that fun stuff that Japan gets.  Very odd considering they managed the soundtrack/artbook thing here for the first PxZ.  Oh well.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: February 22, 2016, 08:47:21 AM
X and Zero join in Chapter 7 actually.

Anyway, Axl reference.

Pai and Axl share the same JP VA.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: February 29, 2016, 05:52:29 AM
The exact same "Hunter with a gun" reference occurs if you pair Leon with X and Zero as well.

Interesting fact as to Pai's VA, but her most awesome reference BY FAR is the post-battle dialogue if you pair her with Chun-Li and Xiaoyu.  Pai releases her inner Raul Julia.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: April 01, 2016, 05:19:11 PM
So I'm working through New Game Plus, and happier than ever that I didn't drop a cent into the game's microtransactions.  The "real" Challenge Mode chapters actually are challenging and earn you awesome character-specific gear.  The main game is a cinch even on the higher difficulty setting, though, since you can use all of your old equipment as soon as you're through the Prologue chapters.