More Monster Hunter goodness for the Wii.

Solar · 1219

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
on: December 24, 2008, 05:50:30 AM

(If you can't see/read it, the golden/brown/whatever letters say Monster Hunter G Wii)

This time, it's a port of Monster Hunter G. No idea what new content there is, if any.
Source: Famitsu

Seeing how I've never owned a Monster Hunter game this is good news for me, now I'll have a chance to play the first game (or upgrade, whatever) and the latest game in the series. That is if they ever come out here of course  -u-'

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 10:39:17 PM
If it's a good port, I'll buy. More MonHun is ALWAYS a good thing, especially since this one will basically serve as a nice "test bed" to help us all prep for MH Tri.

I guess the only thing to warn about is this: technically, G was touted as being one of the HARDEST games in the series. If they don't tone down that difficulty (or hell, make it TOUGHER), it could be rough for a newbies.

Other things to note (from GAF):

- Spring release
- online fee unknown
- wide picture
- 77% complete
- control with classic controller only
- 6 types of weapons
- 2 control schemes

Hopefully, this won't take away too much from Tri. I want that GAME out in Japan by the end of this year! But it's very clear that they want to turn the Wii into the "Monster Hunter" console.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 10:45:28 PM
I guess the only thing to warn about is this: technically, G was touted as being one of the HARDEST games in the series. If they don't tone down that difficulty (or hell, make it TOUGHER), it could be rough for a newbies.

I consider that a good thing, but that's just me.

- online fee unknown
...I hope there is none.
- control with classic controller only

This gave me an idea to boost sales. Remember Wii Play? Of course you do it's still in every Top ___ chart, how about replacing Wii Play with Monster Hunter and the Wiimote for the Classic Controller? If the CC is the ONLY way to play it I see this as a requirement anyways.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 11:29:52 PM

Why does that scream Kappa Mickey? Let's see, Disney-ish cartoon character in the middle of two anime characters.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.