ROCKMAN HOLIC <Full Album on Youtube>

Treleus · 28800

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
on: October 26, 2012, 06:55:18 AM
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2012/10/rockman-holic-album-promotional-video.html

Good news: hey, an awesome new anime clip featuring X, Zero, and Sigma! :)

More good news: hey, there's a whole soundtrack full of these vocal remixes! >D

Some bad news: hey, that's the only X related tune on there. :(

The new armor with buster switchblade was a nice touch.

EDIT: The guys at Victor Entertainment (part of the guys at JVC) don't want you to watch the video in that link BUT NOBODY GIVES A [parasitic bomb]:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbDWsCPe2Ig[/youtube]

LOOK AT HOW MUCH X DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE JVC X'EYE!

Even though he appears to be crossed-eyed in this thumbnail.

EDIT: Full soundtrack uploaded by TMMN
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:34:23 PM by Treleus »

Archer

Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 06:57:13 AM
shitty japanese singing

0/10

would not listen again

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 07:37:56 AM
Neat video. Gotta admit, was strange hearing X vs Zero with vocals.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:46:27 PM
shitty japanese singing

0/10

would not listen again

Wasn't that bad, but I enjoyed it more with the anime clip than without.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 05:17:17 PM
As this is the first rendition of X3 Zero in the IHX style, I'm eager to see mandatory discussion on the design of Zero's helmet.

Also, perhaps something about him using the saber in his right hand while we're at it.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 05:54:22 PM
I am not fond of forced lyrics into songs that were not designed for them. This album is a complete skip for me.

Animation was really neat though.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 06:52:37 PM
I never liked the forced vocal arrangements for the ZX/ZXA Tunes. I thought they sounded really stupid. Here, though, I think the song lends itself better to vocal accompaniment. Plus it's a great song.

Goku's VA almost ruined the intro for me. Too squeaky. But then it was all "X!" and Blue E started singing and made it all right.

X's blade thingy actually looks like it's coming out of the buster muzzle, like the Blade Armor, but the shape of the saber reminds me more of a switchblade, which looks cooler and more appropriate for X. I'm thinking the muzzle actually swivel-snaps around between buster and saber, which would be pretty cool too.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 08:18:03 PM
I just want a good remix of X6's opening stage.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 08:53:46 PM
Come to think of it, the album would probably be better off balanced between X and Classic vocal tunes than just hearing YET ANOTHER Airman ga tosenai remix.  -u-'

There's only two X songs, this one and 太陽はいつも君のそばに (The Sun is Always By You) while the album itself being classic-heavy desipite X being the key focus on the cover and advertisement.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 09:56:01 PM
I personally liked it a lot the only thing I didn't like was the person yelling X.

I also felt the fight was more like X2 instead of X5.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 10:13:01 PM
Yea, seemed more that way to me also. The voice clip before the song was distracting, really.

So far it's the best Megaman-related anything I've seen in a while.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 10:51:11 PM
I thought it was pretty good and also that armor is sex.

It's like Blade Armor but way better

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 11:20:10 PM
It's pretty sheik. I like it too.

Now where's that excellent fan art? Huh?

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 01:05:05 AM
It's pretty sheik. I like it too.

Now where's that excellent fan art? Huh?

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 02:06:26 AM
^Looking good! ^_^

I find the vocals really nice, though the beginning was strange with "X" shouting but overall I really liked it! Though I'm disappointed that there's only two tracks diciated to only the X series.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 02:40:10 AM
Dear Capcom:

Please hire these people. You stopped making good remixes after the Rockman 10 Image Soundtrack. seriously, the 25th anniversary collection was garbage.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 06:41:34 AM
Then commission them to make the X anime I've been waiting 16 years for.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 06:48:03 AM
Then commission them to make the X anime I've been waiting 16 years for.

I say this statement speaks for all of us if Classic gets three cartoons (one US cartoon and two others OVAs), EXE and Star Force gets an anime series (latter an OVA to boot), Zero and ZX get an audio drama series. Would make sense NOT to have X and Legends bite the dust in that department since they got the content for it! (sorry TauVertex, but your abridged series ain't enough!)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 07:35:22 AM
I liked the vocals a lot.  Although the whole "X is all over the cover/marketing but only gets two songs" thing does kinda bug me.

As this is the first rendition of X3 Zero in the IHX style, I'm eager to see mandatory discussion on the design of Zero's helmet.

Also, perhaps something about him using the saber in his right hand while we're at it.
I believe our last discussion of Zero's helmet in IHX established that it was only the promo art where his helmet looked bad (well, that and his game model, but EVERY IHX character model looks like [parasitic bomb]).

And is it REALLY necessary to destroy what little dignity the Mega Man fanbase has left by bringing them down to Zelda-fanboy-mirror-rage levels?  Zero has been sabering with both hands since X4.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Archer

Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 07:58:45 AM
And is it REALLY necessary to destroy what little dignity the Mega Man fanbase has left by bringing them down to Zelda-fanboy-mirror-rage levels?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You of all people...! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Saying that...! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 08:58:36 AM

I liked the vocals a lot.  Although the whole "X is all over the cover/marketing but only gets two songs" thing does kinda bug me.
I believe our last discussion of Zero's helmet in IHX established that it was only the promo art where his helmet looked bad (well, that and his game model, but EVERY IHX character model looks like [parasitic bomb]).

And is it REALLY necessary to destroy what little dignity the Mega Man fanbase has left by bringing them down to Zelda-fanboy-mirror-rage levels?  Zero has been sabering with both hands since X4.
Please don't tell me we're seriously going to be arguing about Zero's helmet again right now.  

It's fan art, nothing is ever perfectly right when you draw something.  Not even the best artist can reproduce the same drawing he himself drew at the same perfect detail, there will be inconsistencies every time, so it's a bit much to expect someone else to produce the exact same result.  Hell Zero's helmet has been change at least 4 different times within the X series for god's sake.

As for Zero using a Saber in his right hand, not only is he a weapons master but he's also a robot so it really shouldn't be a surprise that he's ambidextrous.  Both X and Megaman have shown that they can produce a Buster in either hand so I really don't see why Zero can't use his right once in a while. And lets not forget the multiple Reploids that can dual wield with no problem.

This group has worked very hard on this piece and they've shown much more work and dedication than I or any of us could possibly reproduce at the moment. It's not perfect yes, but it's damn well more than what we or Capcom are doing right now.  

As much as I like a debate I do not want one here, please do not let the negatives rule everything right now.  I really don't want this thread to turn into another controlled rage fest between 2-3 people.  I understand why it happens, especially now, but I don't want every thread to be like this whenever anything relating to  Megaman is brought up in anyway shape or form official or otherwise I certainly don't remember or want to remember Megaman like that.

I'm not saying that a full blown argument was going to happen right now and I'm certainly not trying to blame anyone, but I will say that this sort of thing is getting real old and I'm quite simply tired of seeing this stuff in every single thread mentioning Megaman now.

I'm sorry if I jumped to conclusions once again.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 09:55:22 AM
I think you took it a bit too seriously thar.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 10:04:56 AM
I know I did, but I just really don't want it to happen and jumped to conclusions when I shouldn't

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 01:51:30 PM
:/ Such heated responses over something I wrote in jest.

I actually think the helmet design works pretty well with the sleeker style of IHX. Now that it's his X3 design that's being rendered instead of his X1 design, it's appropiate. The removal of all that bulk makes him feel a lot more agile and speedy, instead of a tank. This fits with his low defensive stats in crossovers, and bridges the Rockman X and Rockman Zero styles quite well.

And is it REALLY necessary to destroy what little dignity the Mega Man fanbase has left by bringing them down to Zelda-fanboy-mirror-rage levels?  Zero has been sabering with both hands since X4.

You misunderstand. I simply find it cumbersome that he would wield both saber and buster on the same hand. Dual wielding with the buster on his right arm, and the saber in his left hand (as in X3 promo art, and MvC3 gameplay), would have served to increase the ferocity of the battle. But as is, what they delivered is pretty dang good in its own right. I do agree, though, that it seemed a lot more reminiscent of X2 than X5, despite Sigma's design.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 05:59:52 PM
I think the decisions behind storyboarding this the way it happened--cheapish buster shots, buster and saber in the same hand, X's odd lack of reflexes--were influenced by the budget. They probably didn't want to put as much effort as detailing the shots, using both their arms, and overall making a more intensive fight. The focus was less on making an impressive performance and more on making an impressive promotional vid. And I think it worked fabulously. I'm pumped to plunk down money on this, even with the international shipping.

But first, I want to hear more samples. And perhaps see more animations to go with them. :3